4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I see that you are passionate and ambitious about this project. And I admire that. This is a good thing especially for us who waits for decent game with beautiful and interesting characters. But I have concerns. You will reworking WIAB. This is a burden in itself. You will add new content, animated scenes and etc but you will also make new content for next updates. And there is Summer's Gone. Considering everything above I'm afraid that you will be overwhelmed in some point. I hope I'm wrong.

Regarding to WIAB changes;
I liked new Leia. She was good but the new one is better. And yes, I need to date her as soon as possible :love:
I never care about Miru but her looks completely changed. If her side story will continue I think she might need look like an Asian.
About Dana... Why do you need to change already perfect woman? :) For me she is the most beautiful looking girl in this game. I know you have a reason but I think her old hair suits her more. I'm sure I'm not the only one here think that way.
Scarlet looks much more better and real than the old one. She even have some wrinkles.

Anyway I'm looking forward to see reworked WIAB. I wish you patience and success. Keep up the good work as always.

Reactions: Ara-sH and Esp``

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
I mean this is an example of being too passionate for me. I understand that you want to create more polished art, close to perfection in your eyes. But most of us were already invested in these characters. Waiting was already hard, and now you are remaking content that is already had released. I mean most storywise changes and additions, more animations and music is nice. But some changes are too drastic. Miyu is completely re-made, I would be crushed if I liked her before. Also other characters, why change Dona, why try to fix something that is not broken. Some changes are very questionable in my opinion.

This whole effort of yours could be put on updates and new content and much more. Being overzealous can be a flaw. I hope you don't get caught up in a cycle of rewriting everything you made again and again.

All of this criticism because I loved your work like most of us here, and you are remaking it from the start, I mean all the changes could end up as being better but still people eventually want to see the future content. Patient will eventually ran out from the fans.

All said and done, I still love this story and can't wait for the date with one and only twin Leia. Lannister vibes from both twins are too strong for me to ignore. Can't wait.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Looking forward to the release of this update with all them overhauls, which means game has to be replayed from the start.
I am fine with that I would even go as far as to say that this is a remake to overhaul, if anyone is going to update this or edit the page instead of getting rid of the old version just put it in spoiler with Old version or something.

That way people can play both versions and see the difference, some people do like to see the growth from a dev.
Just merely a suggestion though, I would prob keep my current game and just put at as Old Version. Did it that way with some of the other games.

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
They are fairly dramatic changes I must say. I agree with those above in that Miru doesn't look Asian anymore, but I do think she looks better. In fact I like the look of all the re-worked models.

Regardless, this is a high risk move by the dev, likely to piss off just as many as it pleases. If this isn't a 12 month re-make (like some other games) and he gets it done in a couple of months then I'm on board.
I don't know why I didn't see that. Miru has to look more Asian for sure and I am already working on a more Asian model. For some reason, she appeared Asian for me.

It certainly won't take that long.

Update 1-4 had a total of around 3000 renders. That's not much. Update 0.5 had 2300 alone.

I will be able to do the complete rework with animations etc. in 3-5 months. (And I am not counting in the RIG update in June. If I get the new PC, it won't take longer than 2-4 months.)

I mean this is an example of being too passionate for me. I understand that you want to create more polished art, close to perfection in your eyes. But most of us were already invested in these characters. Waiting was already hard, and now you are remaking content that is already had released. I mean most storywise changes and additions, more animations and music is nice. But some changes are too drastic. Miyu is completely re-made, I would be crushed if I liked her before. Also other characters, why change Dona, why try to fix something that is not broken. Some changes are very questionable in my opinion.

This whole effort of yours could be put on updates and new content and much more. Being overzealous can be a flaw. I hope you don't get caught up in a cycle of rewriting everything you made again and again.

All of this criticism because I loved your work like most of us here, and you are remaking it from the start, I mean all the changes could end up as being better but still people eventually want to see the future content. Patient will eventually ran out from the fans.

All said and done, I still love this story and can't wait for the date with one and only twin Leia. Lannister vibes from both twins are too strong for me to ignore. Can't wait.
I agree. Why fix something that isn't broken? But sadly a lot was broken. From the script to the variables, to the characters.
As much as I love my characters.. They had a lot of flaws that the normal player can't see. Flaws in the posing/animating and 3D department.
In the future, I want to animate a lot. This also includes hair. Dana's and Miru's hair is to put it lightly.. very bad and also Dana had some corrupt facial morphs that I needed to adjust.
Until I start rendering the characters for the actual game, they can & will still be changed.

Correct, I am re-doing content that was already released and still, it will be completely different from before. Much more thought out. (But still, I replaced 80% of the old content with new content. It's not like you're waiting months just to play the old content in a new shiny body. There is much more to it than that.

You don't have to worry about it. I won't go "Oh god! I should've made it like this!" - "Sorry guys, I have to remake Chapter X."
But when I read my first updates, I cringe. I need to bring it on a higher level otherwise I lose sleep about it.

I am well aware of the fact that people might get angry with me. But tbh that's something I am willing to take. I have a vision for WiAB and I will follow this vision until the end.
Will WiAB be better after the rework? Definitely.

I will put out a poll tomorrow for Miru and some other characters that are being criticized. I will include Miru's old model but with new hair.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Sheesh. It wasn't broken as far as I was concerned.o_O Its the story that counts and I thought the renders were pretty good compared to most games here. After that it is the stories and then the animation quality if there are any animations in a game that count. But I guess it is all subjective and not objective. If the author/creator isn't happy with what he is putting out then that is just the way of it I suppose.

Lasis

Feb 4, 2019
I never comment usually but I feel like I have to, this is literally my favorite game on here and the intro is a big reason for that. It's just so well made that I pretty fast felt invested in the story. The second reason is that Miru is looking unique compared to every other games I played. Her personallity and look fit so well together that I feel attached to her now. If you make as big of a change as you showed on Miru, I don't know if I could even launch the game again, it just feel so weird to look at it, the original model is already amazing. Rework her body as much as you want if you feel like it, but please don't change her face.
Other than that, keep up the good work, 10/10 game.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I’ve been recently replaying the early parts and there are definitely things that could be touched up. Most of it is Miru, in terms of visuals and writing, and also a few other character details that need clarification.

But, that said, I don’t think it really requires a top-down rework. Or rather, it needs revisions not a complete reimagining, which this sounds like.

We’ll see what comes of this and I’ll endeavour to remain optimistic, but there’s a very real fear of this project stagnating.

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
I don't know why I didn't see that. Miru has to look more Asian for sure and I am already working on a more Asian model. For some reason, she appeared Asian for me.

It certainly won't take that long.

Update 1-4 had a total of around 3000 renders. That's not much. Update 0.5 had 2300 alone.

I will be able to do the complete rework with animations etc. in 3-5 months. (And I am not counting in the RIG update in June. If I get the new PC, it won't take longer than 2-4 months.)

I agree. Why fix something that isn't broken? But sadly a lot was broken. From the script to the variables, to the characters.
As much as I love my characters.. They had a lot of flaws that the normal player can't see. Flaws in the posing/animating and 3D department.
In the future, I want to animate a lot. This also includes hair. Dana's and Miru's hair is to put it lightly.. very bad and also Dana had some corrupt facial morphs that I needed to adjust.
Until I start rendering the characters for the actual game, they can & will still be changed.

Correct, I am re-doing content that was already released and still, it will be completely different from before. Much more thought out. (But still, I replaced 80% of the old content with new content. It's not like you're waiting months just to play the old content in a new shiny body. There is much more to it than that.

You don't have to worry about it. I won't go "Oh god! I should've made it like this!" - "Sorry guys, I have to remake Chapter X."
But when I read my first updates, I cringe. I need to bring it on a higher level otherwise I lose sleep about it.

I am well aware of the fact that people might get angry with me. But tbh that's something I am willing to take. I have a vision for WiAB and I will follow this vision until the end.
Will WiAB be better after the rework? Definitely.

I will put out a poll tomorrow for Miru and some other characters that are being criticized. I will include Miru's old model but with new hair.
I am a huge fan of this game mainly cause of the incest and impregnation content it promises with all the women in the main character's family. As long as Leia still has her beautiful green eyes i will be happy with any reworks you do, so you have my support!

Reactions: Euron13

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017

3-5 month from now? last update was in November so 6-8 month from last update :cautious: , or you release V 0.6 and then start to rework?

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I am actually pretty excited about this overhaul. And I am glad Miru is getting a makeover, the old one wasn't doin' it for me. Plus I've seen that same model in so many other games already.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
The new Scarlet looks pretty great. She looked great before, but the little wrinkles and the like add a bit. It’s always a pet peeve of mine when I see a character that is supposed to be older presented as basically a 30 year supermodel.

Koronak

Feb 20, 2018
dude the site has nothing to do with what happens to the games the devs are the ones who decide what theyre going to do with them
Did I say that the site is the reason? No! I said that if u check games with "abandoned" status, very often you'll see words about remaking instead of developing new content before abandoning.

Reactions: LikeDat and Esp``

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I liked the old Miru much more and the new hair cut is terrible. Long hair, bangs and sideburns are such a horrible combination.
Dana looked like a spoiled brat, now she's a poor man's Lara Croft. Is she wearing a poncho?
Scarlet is the only real improvement.

This is going to be a very exhausting hate fap.

mdmnsjs1

Nov 21, 2018
Did I say that the site is the reason? No! I said that if u check games with "abandoned" status, very often you'll see words about remaking instead of developing new content before abandoning.
naa actually you were blaming the site for making games those things you might not of meant what was typed but thats what it read

• Angry
Reactions: _Maou_ and LikeDat
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes