4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Xfigico

Jul 29, 2018
naa actually you were blaming the site for making games those things you might not of meant what was typed but thats what it read
Gonna be real with you, chief... you're probably the only person here that thought that.

He said that the games that are eventually abandoned that he's seen on this site go through similar hoops as this: They have a pretty damn active start, then the updates slow down, the dev then starts remaking the game, and then abandon it half-way.
Honestly, a pretty pessimistic view, but as a pessimist myself, I can't really say shit

Is he right? Not really. A lot of abandoned games do go down like that, but at the same time a lot of others don't.
Is he right in this case? I highly doubt it. Ocean seems really committed on the game and doesn't seem to be the type of dev to just say "Aight I'mma just throw away my project I spent months working on real quick"
Besides, the game's got promise. Why throw away a really good game?

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Is he right? Not really. A lot of abandoned games do go down like that, but at the same time a lot of others don't.
The abandoned tag is being used sparingly, that's the only reason why the quote isn't even higher. There's only a handful of developers who are actively pursuing the finish line, the others are putting their games in a constant limbo of rewrites, re-renders and micro-updates. The reasons for that are manifold and have been discussed ad nauseam.

I think it's a mistake to change characters or vital story elements when the game has left the initial stage as it won't solve the problems that lay ahead, only postpone them. Every project has, at some point, hiccups where the progress slows down a bit (e.g. writer's block), but changing non vital elements (e.g. Miru's look) of the game isn't a smart move.

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
So I'm guessing people would prefer reworks and the like be put aside until the game is finished?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
So I'm guessing people would prefer reworks and the like be put aside until the game is finished?
I think from some comments I have seen some people wouldn't like a rework particularly in designs and writing at all or at least not for certain characters like Miru.

Reactions: Lasis

Mikedazz1

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Summer's Gone is my second AVN project.
My name is Ocean and I am developing these kinds of games for around a year now. My other project is "Where it all began". Both Games are deeply connected and play in the same universe.
o_O :unsure::rolleyes:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Good morning!

After the controversy of the new Miru and Dana, I decided to host 2 polls.
Miru's
one wasn't that close but Dana's was very damn close.

The old Miru with subtle changes and new hair & body did win the first poll.

Drag the images into a new tab for a better view.

The Miru that will be used from now on:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now to Dana... Damn, that was a close one. Even though Dana #2 won the normal count, she lost with just 2 votes after I added the voting bonuses from the higher tiers.
So, this is the Dana we will use from now on. It's the old model from 0.5 with different hair.

The good thing about Dana's hair color is, that I can change her hair whenever I want. Just as if she changed her hair for today or a special occasion.
Here are 2 previews of the new Dana in-game:

As with everything. Some people won't like it but hey... That's life.

Next week I am going to publish the last previews before the release of Chapter 6.

Sadly
, The latest Daz Beta didn't fix their "GPU to CPU" fallback thing for me. The only thing they added was: "Disable CPU fallback."

Sounds good, doesn't it?
No. Instead of falling back to the CPU, the render now just stops completely.

DAZ: "Can't fall back to the CPU if it just stops completely."

This only affects animations though. And Chapter 6 does feature a 2min long cutscene with 12+ animations.

Have a great day.
- Ocean

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018

Good morning!

After the controversy of the new Miru and Dana, I decided to host 2 polls.
Miru's
one wasn't that close but Dana's was very damn close.

The old Miru with subtle changes and new hair & body did win the first poll.

Drag the images into a new tab for a better view.

The Miru that will be used from now on:

Now to Dana... Damn, that was a close one. Even though Dana #2 won the normal count, she lost with just 2 votes after I added the voting bonuses from the higher tiers.
So, this is the Dana we will use from now on. It's the old model from 0.5 with different hair.

The good thing about Dana's hair color is, that I can change her hair whenever I want. Just as if she changed her hair for today or a special occasion.
Here are 2 previews of the new Dana in-game:

As with everything. Some people won't like it but hey... That's life.

Next week I am going to publish the last previews before the release of Chapter 6.

Sadly
, The latest Daz Beta didn't fix their "GPU to CPU" fallback thing for me. The only thing they added was: "Disable CPU fallback."

Sounds good, doesn't it?
No. Instead of falling back to the CPU, the render now just stops completely.

DAZ: "Can't fall back to the CPU if it just stops completely."

This only affects animations though. And Chapter 6 does feature a 2min long cutscene with 12+ animations.

Have a great day.
- Ocean
Dana looks so much better with the darker hair

Reactions: Seiko126

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
played this today, good game (y) :) and there is obvious increase in quality as the game progresses untill the end. Great job dev :) (y)
but only at the end of 0.5 i was in love in one of the girls, and that girl is DANA, OMG, she is absolutely gorgeous!!! :love:
can't wait for 0.6 update :D

i saw the new remake pics, awesome job dev ;)

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes