4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Scooper

Jul 28, 2017
When a game is remade due to the ego and the perfectionism of the creator is never a good sign, the nonconformity will cause Ocean to end up abandoning his game, he will probably end up abandoning his 2 games, when you redo a game you have the risk that people don't like the new version of the game, you have to accept the consequences when that happens, this game has undergone too abrupt changes
if youve seen the updated models for this VN and think this applies I think you’re out of your mind.

This kind of thought process works well for The Adventurous Couple, where we got some revamp updates, then it went back to the wonky and off color animations.... then we had the (admittedly hot) scene where the models limbs weren’t making sense anatomically and the settings (backgrounds) were incredibly dull.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
When a game is remade due to the ego and the perfectionism of the creator is never a good sign, the nonconformity will cause Ocean to end up abandoning his game, he will probably end up abandoning his 2 games, when you redo a game you have the risk that people don't like the new version of the game, you have to accept the consequences when that happens, this game has undergone too abrupt changes
What? are you serious? :oops:

did you see the new remake renders? They look insane good :cool:
if he knows that he can deliver this type of quality now, then why not put that type of quality on the whole game and not only the new episodes. The game is his baby, he said that he couldn't sleep at night knowing that he could do that but didn't.

don't doubt on Oceanlab he will deliver ;):cool:

Last edited:

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
The thing is, I can understand why people would think that a rework can end a game.

In my eyes though, this only applies to games that have no goal or at least a finish line. Games that were created with no foundation and the dev now struggling with the direction.

I'm not gonna lie, WiAB was on a shaky foundation until 0.5. but it has found its purpose. Something I am looking forward to, something that gets me excited, something that I finally want to visualize and take you guys along.

Even if the majority of players won't like the rework, which I highly doubt, it won't matter.
My passion for story writing and creating is what keeps the games alive, not the approval of the people. Otherwise, WiAB wouldn't feature a highly controversial fetish like NTR. And you can believe me, I get a lot of shit for that.

My Patreon gets spammed and reported. People tell other people to stop supporting me. I get PM's telling me that with a fetish like NTR, I will never get any significant support and people shit talk me behind my back. To some people, it doesn't even matter if a fetish is avoidable. The pure existence triggers them.
Does this matter? No, because I am doing my own thing.

It's the same with Miru. She isn't a liked, totally beautiful character and I don't want her to be that. I want flaws in my characters. I view them as "living things". Things that have goals, desires, flaws, and fears. That's why I always say, the characters in my games don't exist for the MC! They have their own "life".

Don't expect the characters to always act logically. It's easy if you look at something from the outside. But how is it when you're in a stressful situation? Logic often doesn't apply there. That reminds me of the people who sit in front of their TV and scream at a soccer player for why he didn't score. "It WaS sO EaSy! YoU BlInD FuCk!11"... Sure, buddy.

[...] when you redo a game you have the risk that people don't like the new version of the game, you have to accept the consequences when that happens [...]
If you read the whole text till now you now know how I feel about it. I don't give in to the crowd.

I love my games, I love my stories, the characters, the flaws, the craziness and I can't just abandon something I love.
I am on an all-time high. I know the updates aren't that fast, especially after I enhanced the quality by 666%. It just takes longer to render and set up. The month of the new PC, June/July can't come fast enough though.

The only thing that can make me abandon a game is death or I lose my eyesight. Whatever comes first.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
The thing is, I can understand why people would think that a rework can end a game.

In my eyes though, this only applies to games that have no goal or at least a finish line. Games that were created with no foundation and the dev now struggling with the direction.

I'm not gonna lie, WiAB was on a shaky foundation until 0.5. but it has found its purpose. Something I am looking forward to, something that gets me excited, something that I finally want to visualize and take you guys along.

Even if the majority of players won't like the rework, which I highly doubt, it won't matter.
My passion for story writing and creating is what keeps the games alive, not the approval of the people. Otherwise, WiAB wouldn't feature a highly controversial fetish like NTR. And you can believe me, I get a lot of shit for that.

My Patreon gets spammed and reported. People tell other people to stop supporting me. I get PM's telling me that with a fetish like NTR, I will never get any significant support and people shit talk me behind my back. To some people, it doesn't even matter if a fetish is avoidable. The pure existence triggers them.

It's the same with Miru. She isn't a liked, totally beautiful character and I don't want her to be that. I want flaws in my characters. I view them as "living things". Things that have goals, desires, flaws, and fears. That's why I always say, the characters in my games don't exist for the MC! They have their own "life".

Don't expect the characters to always act logically. It's easy if you look at something from the outside. But how is it when you're in a stressful situation? Logic often doesn't apply there. That reminds me of the people who sit in front of their TV and scream at a soccer player for why he didn't score. "It WaS sO EaSy! YoU BlInD FuCk!11"... Sure, buddy.

If you read the whole text till now you now know how I feel about it. I don't give in to the crowd.

I love my games, I love my stories, the characters, the flaws, the craziness and I can't just abandon something I love.
I am on an all-time high. I know the updates aren't that fast, especially after I enhanced the quality by 666%. It just takes longer to render and set up. The month of the new PC, June/July can't come fast enough though.

The only thing that can make me abandon a game is death or I lose my eyesight. Whatever comes first.
I played this game a long time ago. Liked it and was a upset it ended abruptly. Looking forward to the new update and hopefully it will lead to a renewed appriciation for this game.

Keep up the good work and happy to see the passion still burns in you (y)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Nothing wrong with upheaval and from the preview pictures that have been shared we are in for a great and very exciting update I for one cannot wait to see the end product but the signs look good. Just give it a chance.

Jul 23, 2017

My reasoning for being against the rework is just from experience. Other games like TAC were going so well, regular updates etc, then all of a sudden, full rework, so now we wait 2 months per update just to replay content. I understand wanting to improve and being attached to your characters, but when you go to 0.5 before deciding it isn't good enough, people are already invested, they have ideas about the story and the characters, and now we just have to forget that, and wait however long it takes for the rework just to see what has been changed.

Again, fully your work and your decision, but I think as you get better at making games, let that show in progression with the story, don't keep scrapping half done projects and redoing them or you will never complete anything.

Good look anyways :)

Reactions: HansDampf788

Razzyell

Apr 3, 2018
To all of you out there talking shit about Miru...

screenshot0001.png

Personally i love her as a character, and i honestly think that her personality/looks fits perfectly both as the MC girlfriend and in the game story.

But just my opinion, if you dont agree with me, feel free to insult me:ROFLMAO:

Oceanlab Love both of your games dude, please keep doing the stuff you do, like you have done so far, and don't mind the small minority making some noise or talking shit about you or decisions you make torwards YOUR games, because jealousy is a fucked up thing in the world we live in, and sometimes we mortals are simply not worthy of talented and passionate guys like aparently you are.

Cheers everyone.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
To all of you out there talking shit about Miru...
Personally i love her as a character, and i honestly think that her personality/looks fits perfectly both as the MC girlfriend and in the game story.
i gave you a like for the second part of your post :D but for the GF part nah man... :cautious:
Dana was the one that could/should have been MC's GF if his older sister didn't cockblock him and told Dana that he had a crush on her when they were still in school. I will never forgive her for that :mad:

But fate couldn't stoped their love from happening, that's why the camping trip happend and now she will become his lawyer :D
And yeah, she's still a virgin..., but why is that? :unsure:
Because she was waiting for the right guy :)
Is Martin the right guy? Nope...
You know who is the right guy? :sneaky:

MC :D

Reactions: Razzyell
Dec 19, 2019

I have a solution for Ocean not to give up on his games, everyone makes a pact that if he disappears we find out where he lives and we beat him. :D

Razzyell

Apr 3, 2018
i gave you a like for the second part of your post :D but for the GF part nah man... :cautious:
Dana was the one that could/should have been MC's GF if his older sister didn't cockblock him and told Dana that he had a crush on her when they were still in school. I will never forgive her for that :mad:

But fate couldn't stoped their love from happening, that's why the camping trip happend and now she will become his lawyer :D
And yeah, she's still a virgin..., but why is that? :unsure:
Because she was waiting for the right guy :)
Is Martin the right guy? Nope...
You know who is the right guy? :sneaky:

MC :D
I agree with everything you said regarding Dana and Leia, i mean, i dont hate Leia for doing what she did, its pretty obvious why she cockblocked the MC, and if you ask me if i aprove her action... fuck no, she acted like a mega bitch, but altough i don't think its cool to do what she did, i can at least understand why she did it, love sometimes can be a fucked up thing.

But there are some things regarding Leia that are still untold, and for what concerns me at this stage of the story, i can't bring myself to hate her... yet... but lets see in the future, time will tell.

Regarding Dana, well of course everyone loves her, i mean, just look at her, she is gorgeous and seems to have a great personality, definitly wife material, and now that we know that a possible relationship between her and the MC was denied in the past due to to the actions of a third party, we can't help but to empathize a relationship between them and hate on Leia.

Maybe i didn't expressed myself well enough when i talked about Miru and said that "Personally i love her as a character, and i honestly think that her personality/looks fits perfectly both as the MC girlfriend and in the game story ", i'm not saying that she is the best girlfriend the MC could or should have from the list of girls that we know so far in the game, its just that in my opinion they realy fit well together and bring a great flow to the game story, i realy think that she is a very charismatic with a bad girl attitude wich i realy love an it fits the MC's personality.

Maybe when we know more about her past or secrets she has, people will start to like her even more, or maybe not... but thats just my opinion:)

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Razzyell i was just joking man, it's all good :D;)

I have nothing against Miru, she's just not my cup of tea :)
and i don't hate the big sis, but yeah, she's done a shitty thing... :cautious:
I just love the Dana char too much :love:

Reactions: Razzyell

Razzyell

Apr 3, 2018
Razzyell i was just joking man, it's all good :D;)

I have nothing against Miru, she's just not my cup of tea :)
and i don't hate the big sis, but yeah, she's done a shitty thing... :cautious:
I just love the Dana char too much :love:
Everything is cool bro;)

English is not my native language so sorry if it sound like i was a bit harsh or rude torwards you, that realy wasn't my intention man.

And since i agreed with everything you said about those characters, i also wanted to give my opinion/toughts about them.

Just an healthy discussion between two diferent persons with their own tastes or opinions, and im sorry if it didn't sound like that.

Cheers mate:giggle:

Reactions: SpikeZg
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes