4.30 star(s) 185 Votes
Dec 19, 2019

Hello!

I wanted to show you guys an animation that took around 31 hours to render. (It's not even complex ;(. ) But I found a clipping error and because I swore an oath to the Quality-Gods, I cannot use or show this animation.
I am currently rendering it again and I tweaked it a little. I will show the animation when it is done.

Here is a bunch of random previews:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- Ocean :)
This is Donna?
Nice.

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
Last time I checked on this thread I read that developer worked on reworking his game the only think I can't remember is if this next update will be a reworked game or is it going to be new chapter and only than he will release reworked game, or maybe I'a confusing this game with another one and I look as a headless chicken.

May 18, 2019

Good evening.

First of all. - I won't make this month's release.
Even though I am working for more than 12 hours a day on WiAB since January, it's not done yet.
It's a hardware thing. My PC just can't render faster, It's physically impossible.

And to my surprise, quite a few people thought ''I' was actually a "team". Well for those people who thought that.. I am not. I am doing everything myself.
What also takes a lot of time, is post-production. Every single render goes through post-production and even if every render only takes 10 minutes to edit. It would take up to 220 hours for 1300 renders. And bc of all the animations I have around 1450 at the moment and still 13 animations and a few stills to go.

As you all know the "camping trip" in Chapter 5 was hell for me. And chapter 6 does include some camping trip stuff. I just can't make the renders there look good because no matter how long I render them.. 6 hours... 10 hours.. They look like shit. It's probably because of the Vram and then everything scales down. These renders need even more post-production to make them even look acceptable.
An example:

It took 40 minutes to make it look "acceptable".
Also, I got deeply into customization as you can see in the later parts of Chapter 6. These scenes are now much more complex, I am creating my own stuff in Blender, Inkscape, and other programs to add unique elements to the scene. The higher the quality goes, the more time I need to set it up and render it.
Anyways, enough whiny. It's a hardware thing, we have to deal with it until I get the new PC.

2. Gui/Gallery

As I promised you guys, I would create a gallery where you can watch CG's and scenes.
I, of course, could've done a very simple gallery that is used in most games.. but... We don't do simple here.
I spent the last three weeks building up this gallery on my GF's PC.
Let's take a look together

Here you can see a little preview of the new Gui main menu custom buttons. I cropped the main menu because I didn't want to spoiler the animation that is running on the right. (My mouse is hovering on "Gallery".)

If we now click on "Gallery".. This screen appears:
(My mouse is on "Scene Replay") (Everything is idle/hover animated).

Here you can choose between 3 different main galleries.
- Scene replay for replaying entire in-game scenes
- CG gallery for single images.
- Extra scenes for unlockable Bonus images/scenes and there you will also find the "Patreon bonus scenes".

If we now click on "CG Gallery" - This screen opens up. (All three galleries feature this character selection screen) (My mouse is hovering over Gina. They all light up in different colors.)
On this screen, you can select a character and watch their pictures, scenes, etc. All of them are "Idle/Hover animated.
On the left side, you see a big "NTR" button. If we click it ---> the whole screen will turn red and text changes. (Mouse is over Katie)
The NTR button now glows red and if you now click on a character, you will get to their NTR Gallery. (There is an NTR button in all three main galleries.)
If we click the NTR button again, the screen turns back to "normal". If we then click on for example Katie, their personalized gallery opens.
(I just saw that I wrote "unlocked" instead of "Locked" down below. It will be changed in the final version.)
If you pass a certain point in-game, you'll unlock new images. A click on an unlocked image will show it in full-size. Click again to dismiss.
If you click on a locked image, it will display a hint, for example:
(This is just an example hint. The actual hints will be more helpful.)
Here are 3 other example galleries:

As you can see.. there was a lot of coding & art creation involved.. I didn't just need to create three galleries.. We're talking about 90 galleries in coding and art creation. Why 90?
There are 15 characters in all 3 main galleries. That makes 45 different looking galleries.
Now, 45 times two because every character has their own NTR gallery, too. And every gallery features different animated images and scenes.
I am still not done with everything but I can see the light of the tunnel. I will also only add images/scenes from 0.5 and above. It's a lot of work to add images to the gallery (They all light up in different colors etc.) and I would scrap all images/scenes from 0.1 - 0.4 with the rework anyways. The rework scenes & images will, of course, be added. The rework will also introduce unlockable extra scenes/images.
I will probably change a few of the head pictures in the final version. Cause some look kinda creepy. I had to render them on my GF's PC.

You now also have the ability to name your save-file.
Most of the menu screens have an animated background now. For example, the "Quit" screen:
The background is animated.
Surprise me is a "Just for fun" button. It currently features 5 different options. (Links to a meme, music, discord, Patreon, etc.) I will add more useless stuff later.

Previews - Missing in action
For some reason, I always posted the previews for every supporter. But to honor those who support me with more, I will from now on stick to the right tiers and honor what I wrote in the tier description.

- Ocean (;

SwordMonarch

Jun 12, 2019
Her new upgraded look is amazing :love: like all the other models the dev has had good looking females but now he has made them all so much better.
Man I love her appearance so much! and the tattoos are a bonus :love: I do hope that she gets a amount of content with this update. I like how all the females look, right now my favorite are Scarlet and Dana

Reactions: Mormont

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
WOW :oops::eek:, previews look fantastic :love: (y)

btw...

Thanks!

Man I love her appearance so much! and the tattoos are a bonus :love: I do hope that she gets a amount of content with this update. I like how all the females look, right now my favorite are Scarlet and Dana
Sadly, I have to disappoint you. Chapter 6 won't feature much of Scarlet or Helen.

Paslicivi

Aug 30, 2016

Good evening.

First of all. - I won't make this month's release.
Even though I am working for more than 12 hours a day on WiAB since January, it's not done yet.
It's a hardware thing. My PC just can't render faster, It's physically impossible.

And to my surprise, quite a few people thought ''I' was actually a "team". Well for those people who thought that.. I am not. I am doing everything myself.
What also takes a lot of time, is post-production. Every single render goes through post-production and even if every render only takes 10 minutes to edit. It would take up to 220 hours for 1300 renders. And bc of all the animations I have around 1450 at the moment and still 13 animations and a few stills to go.
Here is your solution. Don't try to make perfect rendering. This is your game and your decision. But I think it is not a good idea to update at very long periods. After a long wait, finishing an update in half an hour and waiting for a long time again, may discourage people.

I hope you don't get me wrong. Best wishes. Oceanlab

Reactions: Ara-sH and modo200

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Here is your solution. Don't try to make perfect rendering. This is your game and your decision. But I think it is not a good idea to update at very long periods. After a long wait, finishing an update in half an hour and waiting for a long time again, may discourage people.

I hope you don't get me wrong. Best wishes. Oceanlab
Yeeaaah... No.

I get your point but I am as far away from the "Good enough" mentality as Gumdrop is from a real update.
I couldn't do this and I'd say 2-3 months is a normal update schedule. (I started in mid-January with Chapter 6 and did release Chapter 2 SG in December.)

But in the end, the development speed can be increased by better hardware and that's why I am going to invest into a high-end PC soon. As I said, I do get your point and I am not the type of guy who needs everything 100% perfect.

But I would lose sleep over the fact that I could've done a better job if I had given it more love.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes