4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
I apologize for the question, but does anyone know what happens to the sequel?
0.6 progress: 96% - this status seems to have been written for a long time
From what I saw, Ocean announced on the Summer's Gone Patreon that the new update of Where It All Began is now being tested, while development on the next chapter of Summer's Gone has begun.
So, most likely, either they forgot to update the progress number, or updating the last 4% is dependent on testing.

Of course, correct me if I'm wrong.

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019
From what I saw, Ocean announced on the Summer's Gone Patreon that the new update of Where It All Began is now being tested, while development on the next chapter of Summer's Gone has begun.
So, most likely, either they forgot to update the progress number, or updating the last 4% is dependent on testing.

Of course, correct me if I'm wrong.
Thank you.
Last post of April 8th, so I thought maybe something happened.

Reactions: hellomate1

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As much as I agree on some of your points I also disagree on some things, First this is a sharing website indeed and this support bullshit really is stupid, fact of the matter is people do and have been rotating their support. And what if someone was supporting him for months and decided to stop because they was getting frustrated ? What you are suggesting here is that no matter what if you complain you are at the wrong as in, If you don't support you are a leecher and have no right to complain but if you DO support your an idiot and have no right to complain.
At least that is what I get out of what you are saying. As much as I love this developer as most others and you probably I am totally against the fact of telling people they do not have the right the complain, they have EVERY right to complain about something if they feel the need to, so long as it is done with the guidelines and doesn't outright come down to making it personal.

Again this is a sharing site, if Group A of people support X group of dev's but not Y but group B does support dev Y but not X and they share their copies on this website and in turn they get to enjoy games from one another dev it is called sharing, I don't care if you want to label it piracy I call it a fair exchange.NO ONE can support ALL dev's making games, unless you are an oil tycoon or some shit.
I love Oceanlab's game and his passion for perfection and what not, I would like him to do him even IF I find some stuff like some others to be a bit over the top and unnecessary I chose to deal with it differently. Which is just ignore the thread for a few days/weeks and check in on it every now and then while I enjoy other games. But that is just me personally, I am sure there are a few others who prob also do this and that is cool but just because I and others can does it mean that this is the way it must be for everyone.If someone wants to make a heartfelt complain, let em, they have every right to do so if they are his patreon or not.

Actions sometimes defines if someone becomes a supporter or not or even decides if one continues to support or not. If I was to be a current supporter for him for say from the start I would have cut off my support for it a few months ago. Why would I do that ? simple, It would not have been out of anger or that I would have been betrayed but simply because I have not seen or heard of have anything delivered from the product I want or was expecting and instead would have dumped that money in someone who is currently dumping out quality content consistently right now and that may not have an as big following or supporters and could actually use it right now.And I would def if and when Ocean would finally release whatever masterpiece he is working on for this project play it moment it hits F95 and see if the content was worth the wait and by that I mean duration of the whole thing from act 1 all the way to 6 and all the changes, the amount of time and game play and quality combined and following that how long the next update to arrive would decide if when I rotate if I would give it a few months of support or not or if ill wait for longer. Matter of fact if I was to follow your logic on complaining then by that I would also say if you see posts or reviews about complaints do not reply are complain about them instead, just ignore them and move on.

Now let me be VERY clear here, I am not saying Ocean is a Milker nor am I saying he is a shady dev nor am I saying he is taking advantage of anything here, I respect him as a developer and I respect he communicates even if it seems that currently he has been more silent and less communicative compared to before, I legit do not like that he is working on 2 projects and legit hate that he has such a heavy driven focus on animations I legit hate anything that makes the project take longer then necessary and in turn means less content in the long run because of perfection, I hate it with a passion yes, HOWEVER I respect that he wants to do him and follow whatever he envisioned and if he gets more motivated by it then so be it. I just chose to never exactly complain about it. You wanted an explanation I gave you one, just so we are clear that I am not attacking you or trying to bring you down or whatever in a negative sense, I am always open and up for debate and exchanging points of view, so no offense intended here, however IF you do take offense then that is perfectly fine too but that is on you and not me.And I welcome your counter arguments if you have any also the why's. Sorry for the long ass wall of text but there ya go.

EDIT: There you go for everyone who had their Eyes bleeding look, some spaces and some enters.woohoo

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

As much as I agree on some of your points I also disagree on some things, First this is a sharing website indeed and this support bullshit really is stupid, fact of the matter is people do and have been rotating their support. And what if someone was supporting him for months and decided to stop because they was getting frustrated ? What you are suggesting here is that no matter what if you complain you are at the wrong as in, If you don't support you are a leecher and have no right to complain but if you DO support your an idiot and have no right to complain, At least that is what I get out of what you are saying. As much as I love this developer as most others and you probably I am totally against the fact of telling people they do not have the right the complain, they have EVERY right to complain about something if they feel the need to, so long as it is done with the guidelines and doesn't outright come down to making it personal. Again this is a sharing site, if Group A of people support X group of dev's but not Y but group B does support dev Y but not X and they share their copies on this website and in turn they get to enjoy games from one another dev it is called sharing, I don't care if you want to label it piracy I call it a fair exchange.NO ONE can support ALL dev's making games, unless you are an oil tycoon or some shit. I love Oceanlab's game and his passion for perfection and what not, I would like him to do him even IF I find some stuff like some others to be a bit over the top and unnecessary I chose to deal with it differently. Which is just ignore the thread for a few days/weeks and check in on it every now and then while I enjoy other games. But that is just me personally, I am sure there are a few others who prob also do this and that is cool but just because I and others can does it mean that this is the way it must be for everyone. If someone wants to make a heartfelt complain, let em, they have every right to do so if they are his patreon or not. Actions sometimes defines if someone becomes a supporter or not or even decides if one continues to support or not. If I was to be a current supporter for him for say from the start I would have cut off my support for it a few months ago. Why would I do that ? simple, It would not have been out of anger or that I would have been betrayed but simply because I have not seen or heard of have anything delivered from the product I want or was expecting and instead would have dumped that money in someone who is currently dumping out quality content consistently right now and that may not have an as big following or supporters and could actually use it right now. And I would def if and when Ocean would finally release whatever masterpiece he is working on for this project play it moment it hits F95 and see if the content was worth the wait and by that I mean duration of the whole thing from act 1 all the way to 6 and all the changes, the amount of time and game play and quality combined and following that how long the next update to arrive would decide if when I rotate if I would give it a few months of support or not or if ill wait for longer. Matter of fact if I was to follow your logic on complaining then by that I would also say if you see posts or reviews about complaints do not reply are complain about them instead, just ignore them and move on.Now let me be VERY clear here, I am not saying Ocean is a Milker nor am I saying he is a shady dev nor am I saying he is taking advantage of anything here, I respect him as a developer and I respect he communicates even if it seems that currently he has been more silent and less communicative compared to before, I legit do not like that he is working on 2 projects and legit hate that he has such a heavy driven focus on animations I legit hate anything that makes the project take longer then necessary and in turn means less content in the long run because of perfection, I hate it with a passion yes, HOWEVER I respect that he wants to do him and follow whatever he envisioned and if he gets more motivated by it then so be it. I just chose to never exactly complain about it. You wanted an explanation I gave you one, just so we are clear that I am not attacking you or trying to bring you down or whatever in a negative sense, I am always open and up for debate and exchanging points of view, so no offense intended here, however IF you do take offense then that is perfectly fine too but that is on you and not me.
And I welcome your counter arguments if you have any also the why's. Sorry for the long ass wall of text but there ya go.
First, this is barely unreadable. I welcome the discussion but I cannot read this satisfactorily. Sorry but not only there are no enters but your sentences are paragraph longs. I cannot follow an idea like this.

Second, from what I did understand is that you took my message "you should not complain". That was not what I mean but if that was what was understood, my bad. My message was very directed to a previous comment somebody made about how long it was taking to release something new and potential excuses in the sense that they feel they have the right to demand content. My answer was as simple as first, if you do not support him, you don't have that right as you are free riding, so demanding content sounds like too much for me. I would not like it if somebody demanded something from me out of blue, just because they thing they have the right to do so. And if you do support him and feel he is not doing a good job (taking too much time is part of the analysis of whether it is a good job, so even if quality is infinite, if delivery time is also infinite we can conclude the job is wrongly done) then you can always stop supporting him. You can always ask for faster content, but the fact is unless you have well written contract, there are no established delivery times. If you look a few pages before, I mentioned I dislike strongly the whole emphasis on animations as they take too much time for something is almost identical for me done with images. But I would not go and say "STOP ANIMATING AND RELEASE NOW" even if I supported him, which I don't.

In other words: complaining about something is fine, sorry if it was misunderstood. Demanding content under a specific time schedule is not, as there are not specified times, even if you are a patreon. And if you feel he is not to the task in OVERALL development quality (time variable included), just don't support him. And if you still would like to do it but still you are not happy, you can mention politely what you dislike. No need to make it so as dev is scamming people (do please read the post I answered to, where it was implied, in my opinion, precisely that). That was the reason why I mentioned "you are not opening anybody's eyes by coming here as saying that dev is milking, his/her supports know as much as you do"

So unless I did not understood your post, which is very possible as it was very hard to read, our views are not in conflict, once I made clear I never meant "don't complain" but "don't demand".

Last edited:

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019

As much as I agree on some of your points I also disagree on some things, First this is a sharing website indeed and this support bullshit really is stupid, fact of the matter is people do and have been rotating their support. And what if someone was supporting him for months and decided to stop because they was getting frustrated ? What you are suggesting here is that no matter what if you complain you are at the wrong as in, If you don't support you are a leecher and have no right to complain but if you DO support your an idiot and have no right to complain, At least that is what I get out of what you are saying. As much as I love this developer as most others and you probably I am totally against the fact of telling people they do not have the right the complain, they have EVERY right to complain about something if they feel the need to, so long as it is done with the guidelines and doesn't outright come down to making it personal. Again this is a sharing site, if Group A of people support X group of dev's but not Y but group B does support dev Y but not X and they share their copies on this website and in turn they get to enjoy games from one another dev it is called sharing, I don't care if you want to label it piracy I call it a fair exchange.NO ONE can support ALL dev's making games, unless you are an oil tycoon or some shit. I love Oceanlab's game and his passion for perfection and what not, I would like him to do him even IF I find some stuff like some others to be a bit over the top and unnecessary I chose to deal with it differently. Which is just ignore the thread for a few days/weeks and check in on it every now and then while I enjoy other games. But that is just me personally, I am sure there are a few others who prob also do this and that is cool but just because I and others can does it mean that this is the way it must be for everyone. If someone wants to make a heartfelt complain, let em, they have every right to do so if they are his patreon or not. Actions sometimes defines if someone becomes a supporter or not or even decides if one continues to support or not. If I was to be a current supporter for him for say from the start I would have cut off my support for it a few months ago. Why would I do that ? simple, It would not have been out of anger or that I would have been betrayed but simply because I have not seen or heard of have anything delivered from the product I want or was expecting and instead would have dumped that money in someone who is currently dumping out quality content consistently right now and that may not have an as big following or supporters and could actually use it right now. And I would def if and when Ocean would finally release whatever masterpiece he is working on for this project play it moment it hits F95 and see if the content was worth the wait and by that I mean duration of the whole thing from act 1 all the way to 6 and all the changes, the amount of time and game play and quality combined and following that how long the next update to arrive would decide if when I rotate if I would give it a few months of support or not or if ill wait for longer. Matter of fact if I was to follow your logic on complaining then by that I would also say if you see posts or reviews about complaints do not reply are complain about them instead, just ignore them and move on.Now let me be VERY clear here, I am not saying Ocean is a Milker nor am I saying he is a shady dev nor am I saying he is taking advantage of anything here, I respect him as a developer and I respect he communicates even if it seems that currently he has been more silent and less communicative compared to before, I legit do not like that he is working on 2 projects and legit hate that he has such a heavy driven focus on animations I legit hate anything that makes the project take longer then necessary and in turn means less content in the long run because of perfection, I hate it with a passion yes, HOWEVER I respect that he wants to do him and follow whatever he envisioned and if he gets more motivated by it then so be it. I just chose to never exactly complain about it. You wanted an explanation I gave you one, just so we are clear that I am not attacking you or trying to bring you down or whatever in a negative sense, I am always open and up for debate and exchanging points of view, so no offense intended here, however IF you do take offense then that is perfectly fine too but that is on you and not me.
And I welcome your counter arguments if you have any also the why's. Sorry for the long ass wall of text but there ya go.
My head hurts reading this...paragraph dude...

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I dont get why people are finding that text so hard to read. Yes there should have been couple of full stops in that text and it was long, but it was readable. Also he raised a good point, that you should not project yourself on other just because you disagree with them.
Personally I find that when this is the case that people are just being lazy and/or are just making an excuse not to put in the effort. Like I said when I wrote that when I was on mobile.
And anyone who knows how mobiles work know that if you are trying to write a wall of text that it is hard to paragraph it, not impossible but just hard.
Anyways I made my point Ill gladly edit it now that I am on PC. The point I was trying to make still stands period. The person who I wrote it for got most of what I was saying and that was important. Doubt when these people who complain about wall of text are reading a book ( not an E-book or online book but a legit actual BOOK ) full of text or the bible they complain about how the editor did not press Enter a few times in those pages but CLEARLY can understand what is going on and took their sweet time reading it yet complain about a single page text. Which is fine, they can choose to read it or not, what was important is the fact that the person who I wrote it for has took their time to read.

Last edited:

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
First, this is barely unreadable. I welcome the discussion but I cannot read this satisfactorily. Sorry but not only there are no enters but your sentences are paragraph longs. I cannot follow an idea like this.

Second, from what I did understand is that you took my message "you should not complain". That was not what I mean but if that was what was understood, my bad. My message was very directed to a previous comment somebody made about how long it was taking to release something new and potential excuses in the sense that they feel they have the right to demand content. My answer was as simple as first, if you do not support him, you don't have that right as you are free riding, so demanding content sounds like too much for me. I would not like it if somebody demanded something from me out of blue, just because they thing they have the right to do so. And if you do support him and feel he is not doing a good job (taking too much time is part of the analysis of whether it is a good job, so even if quality is infinite, if delivery time is also infinite we can conclude the job is wrongly done) then you can always stop supporting him. You can always ask for faster content, but the fact is unless you have well written contract, there are no established delivery times. If you look a few pages before, I mentioned I dislike strongly the whole emphasis on animations as they take too much time for something is almost identical for me done with images. But I would not go and say "STOP ANIMATING AND RELEASE NOW" even if I supported him, which I don't.

In other words: complaining about something is fine, sorry if it was misunderstood. Demanding content under a specific time schedule is not, as there are not specified times, even if you are a patreon. And if you feel he is not to the task in OVERALL development quality (time variable included), just don't support him. And if you still would like to do it but still you are not happy, you can mention politely what you dislike. No need to make it so as dev is scamming people (do please read the post I answered to, where it was implied, in my opinion, precisely that). That was the reason why I mentioned "you are not opening anybody's eyes by coming here as saying that dev is milking, his/her supports know as much as you do"

So unless I did not understood your post, which is very possible as it was very hard to read, our views are not in conflict, once I made clear I never meant "don't complain" but "don't demand".
First let me apologize about that post of mine in terms of how it was paragraphed, I wrote it when I was on a mobile, I usually come on here on mobile and stuff when I am out and mostly write from there ( am on a pc right now ), while not impossible it is just lot of work to do on a mobile so I just don't bother much with it, I currently did edit it, put some spaces in there and etc but keep in mind I did it in a lazy way, I did not edit my text just added spacing.I did write at the bottom about a wall of text however my personal opinion is that when you read a legit book ( just text ) most books are one big page of text and yet no one has issues reading those or be sending texts to the writer how they have not pressed space enough so anyone saying " I skip " in my personal opinion are just making excuses because they could not take the time to figure out the point being made, Note I am not saying that YOU are one of those as it seems you did take your time to read, I am just putting this out for those who plan on reading this post of mine but ignored the first one.

I understood what you wrote to a previous person his post and I get that, I personally think that the person who wrote that was being sarcastic out of frustration but for all intents and purposes could also have been dead serious and meant it.
I also agree indeed that people should not be demanding anything, does not matter if you are a supporter or not, you don't demand anything. You can suggest but not demand, at the least that is my opinion. So on that ground we def seeing eye to eye and are in agreement.

And I mostly replied because at one point you talked about those who complain but are freebies and in another sentence you talk about supporters who if they complain can stop, this can come confusing to some or down right not make sense and in turns comes down to simply one thing " no matter what you do you should not complain ". I am going on a limb and assume when you wrote that you wrote it being a bit frustrated which in turn can effect how you write something, I personally also have this so no worries I think it is a normal for everyone.

So long story short, yeah we pretty much have the same view/perspective on things. Allow me to quote something from the your post I am replying to. "I made clear I never meant "don't complain" but "don't demand". This I understand, This I am behind, However this is also not exactly that which I got and some people or most people even would have not gotten that out of it. In this post you clarified it clearly that is a big difference. In the previous post, it was more of what I got out of it which was " if you are free player you have zero right to complain, if you are a supporter instead of complaining stop supporting, if you are a free player who used to support, don't complain ". Keep in mind to me complaining and demanding are 2 very different things. I personally replied because you wrote this specific sentence, quote. "And if you still see a flaw in my logic, don't just leave a facepalm, please explain. I mean, facepalm me all you want, but please explain. There may be some point of view that I am not considering. Always good to learn. ". This right here in my mind means you are not an unreasonable person and in that means that you are willing to clarify what you meant or that you are open to a different opinion or perspective if people bring up a different point of view or what they deem some flaws in your logic. In my case it was the latter, the logic part, which btw you already have clarified in the second post which is the current one I am replying to.

so long story short we good, we got a better understanding of each other and I agree with your views since it is more clearly worded as to what you meant.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
In general with this thread it’s important to remember that critiscm isn’t always coming from a place of hating on the game or the Dev, sometimes it comes from a genuine attempt at being constructive.

There’s a difference between that and just outright demanding a quicker release, or just outright trolling and saying that the project is “dead”.

Reactions: Tray73

BogoHobo

Dec 10, 2018
Whatever you guys decide... complain, don't complain, I don't want to sound negative becasue I really like game but I have to start the game from the beginning everytime a release of this comes out because I forget the damn story. Sorry but I done wiht this one.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes