4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Zeno's developer:
To reach 100%, coming from 0%, you have to reach 50% first.
To reach 100% coming from 50%, you have to reach 75% first.
To reach 100% coming from 75%, you have to reach 87,5% first.
To reach 100% coming from ...
Fuck math and your infinite convergent sequence!!!
Great nerdy joke!!

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
By that logic regurgitating food and then eating it again is more food
I mentioned starting again not just to see Katie , but because according to Dev there will be heavy rewriting. But it is true that I was not clear.

But seriously, that was one image I did not want in my head. XD

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
May not be a good idea to put progress at 99.9%, people would anticipate an update within one day or two, and grow impatient not getting it afterwards, Dev would run the risk of losing patrons and being worn out. He could've given an ETA even it's in mid-May, or in June for that matter, or not set a percentage that high from the start, which could ease some pressure.

I am saying this because I like his works and want to see them completed one day. from his comments, he has been working hard and improving quality(we got a glimpse of some nice renders). I am all for good quality and story. Hopefully, he will get more supporters and we more frequent update.
ETAs are usually bad civilization here... people usually take ETAs not as expectations of random variables but fixed amount of times and then complain about devs not meeting them (when in reality it could be just a bad realization of the random variable), and to be fair many times, ETAs made by Devs are not right as they systematically take longer (if you systematically need more time your expectations were very likely wrongly calculated). In the end, no one believes the ETA established.
As such, percentages are fine. 0.01% can still be a year long as time is distance/speed and/or 0.01% of something super big is still very large. Having said that, I do see your point. Hopefully people understand that he is just telling us "release should be expected soon" without being too specific about it.

Last edited:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hello,

1. Status update Chapter 6

The end cinematic I am rendering at the moment is taking a lot of time.

The cinematic is a total of 2:30min long. I am currently at 1:50min.
So it's almost done.

The current render count is 4075 (Including animations) We're close.

I was about to dedicate one PC to SG, but I brought it back to WiAB to render animations.. And both PC's are rendering 100 Frame long animations right now.

I also had to re-do the gallery completely. A dev friend of mine made me aware of what was going wrong because I was experiencing "Performance" problems.
Well, turns out I made a mistake and had to re-do all images, etc.
I also used this to enhance the gallery and all other menus. It now works really smooth.
(Android would've died with the old code.)

But now I want to say.. It makes me feel really bad that I didn't make the April release. Like seriously.. It really does affect me because I promised you guys a release but my PC's just can't render faster.
This would be the time where I would pause my Patreon, but I just bought a 3000€ PC and this investment still scares me.

I do have the new PC but even with a 2080Ti, times like these are common:
1588313168925.png
1588313178916.png
(Different animations).

Two PC's are awesome. I can produce a lot more now than before.. but it's still not enough power for 2min+ cinematics.
That's why I am going for another upgrade in June. (Another 2080Ti or even a Titan RTX), that depends on what the future holds for me.
I never ever made an update with 4000+ renders before.. It will probably get close to 5000.

But it's too early for that.
I don't have the hardware to keep that trend going. Even tho, I really like big updates.

What also took a lot of time from me was "Octane."

I dropped it.
Why?
Because I spent several days fighting bugs.. Bugs that Octane hadn't fixed for years.
So, I tried to find out if Octane even plans on fixing their plugin, for which I was paying full-price subscription.

Then I found this:
1588313190609.png

No way DAZ Octane will get fixed. It's a dead-end.

I viewed Octane as a stepping stone.. to a much better software and away from Daz.

Blender.
I am currently dedicating some time to learn Blender. (Converting materials, understanding nodes, etc.)
Blender is the ultimate goal for the games and that's where we are heading.

My plan is to create WiAB Season 1 in Daz(Iray) and then switch to Blender for Season 2. The possibilities in Blender are endless. And I also do have some good help with it. I am not completely on my own.
It would be an enormous jump in quality.

What's really good.. The Gallery is a one-time thing. It did take a lot of time.. but I really didn't cheap out on it. I put a lot of effort into it.
All the Galleries are saved as templates.. adding future content to the gallery will be very easy and fast.
And the future half-chapters will be done much faster, especially with 2 PCs.

Custom Melinda & Katarina
As you guys know I am also learning Zbrush.
For those who don't know, Zbrush is a sculpting/manipulation software.

And for the rework, I also created 2 custom-sculpted characters.

Old Katarina:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
New Katarina:
She will get more screentime in the rework but her story arc starts in Season 2, WiAB.
She's 75% custom sculpted. I had to use some preset morphs at the beginning.

Melinda.
She was planned as a side character. But I know fleshed her out and to fit her new story/personality, she also got a new look.

Old Melinda:
New Melinda:

She's 100% custom sculpted.
I did not go for beauty with her. For me, it's much more important that a character displays a certain "personality."
I also gave her some "asymmetry."
It's a lot more realistic.

I will still enhance both girls here and there until they appear in the rework.

As I said.. it makes me feel uncomfortable that I wasn't able to release and that I underestimated the time this cinematic took. I will upgrade in the future again but.. I totally understand if people now "Unsubscribe/delete their pledge."

I totally get that.
I am sorry. I really tried.

Here a random preview:

- Ocean

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
a new preview of Dana, i'll take that every day :love:
can't wait for 0.6, it's gonna be glorious :giggle:

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
Can someone tell me how many chp will be there to end up season 1? I just came to know that there will be another season for this game by reading May 1 update.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Wow, he was/is learning to use Octane, Zbrush and Blender around the same time. That is a serious jump in skill gathering. Next I am expecting to hear about learning a new engine like godot/unity/unreal/cryengine/source 2/etc.

I applaud your work ethic and hope you won't burn yourself out. Maybe the 3080 RTX TI will be out to upgrade to. So maybe quad slot them.

Anyways I wish you well oceanlab.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
This guy should ask some IT what PC he should build. 2080Ti will be old fashion in summer as there are new GPU chips to be released 3xxx which should increase its power around 20%-30%. 3000€ PC LOL with 2080Ti. He either had to buy the 10th gen Intel i9 or he really is milking his patrons and telling BSs

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Instead of TITAN RTX dev may want to save for the Quadro RTX 8000, those are workstation GPUs with more VRAM and more cores than even the TITAN series. It's also another thousand dollars, but you'd have a GPU specially made for these sorts of things. Ultimately you'll save more time rendering. Though the TITAN RTX can definitely be utilized as a workstation GPU, and is also better suitable for gaming.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Instead of TITAN RTX dev may want to save for the Quadro RTX 8000, those are workstation GPUs with more VRAM and more cores than even the TITAN series. It's also another thousand dollars, but you'd have a GPU specially made for these sorts of things. Ultimately you'll save more time rendering. Though the TITAN RTX can definitely be utilized as a workstation GPU, and is also better suitable for gaming.
Weirdly enough a bunch of test done show that Quadros render slower than Titans. They are truly not worth the money.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes