4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Honestly, at this point he could just go all the way and hold off releasing 6 until he’s redone the previous chapters and then have one big seamless cinematic-looking release.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
If the cinematics bother you so much, I got a solution, just don't play the game!
It seems like you will be much happier that way.
I was making a genuine suggestion. Part of what’s giving Ocean all these hangups is trying to deliver visuals that matches what’s in his head, and clearly a big part of that is having to redo characters with a newer look to match the new style in a way that his rig will allow, whilst also trying to get out new updates by a certain window. Couple that with Summer’s Gone which is due for another update, that’s a lot of work to get through.

I think the game’s more likely to actually get completed and gain more support if he temporarily holds off on the typical update cycle and effectively redoes the whole thing at once instead of trying to retrofit it on the fly like he’s doing now.

But I guess constructive criticism isn’t allowed?

Sphynx-

Jun 2, 2018
I was making a genuine suggestion. Part of what’s giving Ocean all these hangups is trying to deliver visuals that matches what’s in his head, and clearly a big part of that is having to redo characters with a newer look to match the new style in a way that his rig will allow, whilst also trying to get out new updates by a certain window. Couple that with Summer’s Gone which is due for another update, that’s a lot of work to get through.

I think the game’s more likely to actually get completed and gain more support if he temporarily holds off on the typical update cycle and effectively redoes the whole thing at once instead of trying to retrofit it on the fly like he’s doing now.

I see what you mean now.
Honestly that would take quite a while, and while that sounds great to have the whole reworked game, I know Ocean is actually desperate to deliver an update by now.
Also we must remember this is not his only project, he also needs to look at Summer's gone audience.

Reactions: MyLoneyLucifer

Jrock0986

Jun 20, 2018

I thought this next update already came with a redo of the previous chapters?

Jrock0986

Jun 20, 2018
Nope, after chapter 6 is done Ocean will work on SG chapter 3. Then he will work on WiAB 0.1 to 0.4 rework and that rework will be released in 2 halves.
ah okok thx for the info, so next update will have old cg's up until ch6?

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I see what you mean now.
Honestly that would take quite a while, and while that sounds great to have the whole reworked game, I know Ocean is actually desperate to deliver an update by now.
Also we must remember this is not his only project, he also needs to look at Summer's gone audience.
This won’t be popular, but I think he should outright put WIAB on hold or at least slow development down a lot while most of his time goes towards Summer’s Gone. It seems like Summer’s Gone is a smoother experience for him and WIAB is the one that causes all the headaches.

Short term it’ll probably cost him support, but I think if he builds up Summer’s Gone, which seems to have a stronger foundation, while working on WIAB more as a side thing, it’ll give him a long term boost of new support when he finally does release a completely reworked 1-6 version of WIAB, even if that’s realistically not something that happens until the end of the year or into the next.

Sphynx-

Jun 2, 2018
This won’t be popular, but I think he should outright put WIAB on hold or at least slow development down a lot while most of his time goes towards Summer’s Gone. It seems like Summer’s Gone is a smoother experience for him and WIAB is the one that causes all the headaches.

Short term it’ll probably cost him support, but I think if he builds up Summer’s Gone, which seems to have a stronger foundation, while working on WIAB more as a side thing, it’ll give him a long term boost of new support when he finally does release a completely reworked 1-6 version of WIAB, even if that’s realistically not something that happens until the end of the year or into the next.
While I do agree that SG definetly seems to be able to bring in more support and more focus on it will definely make Ocean grow more. I believe that asking Ocean to put his first baby on hold will be a straight no from him. I have seen beforehand the improvement and the quality that Ocean is striving for, and let me tell you, its outstanding.

I believe that deciding to put WiAB on hold would be decision that haunts Ocean even if its for just little while.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
In my opinion things should go as Dev has planned or the way he's comfortable in..I am ngl I adore SG more than WiAB, yet I am willing to go by the decisions of Dev as it should be.

Reactions: scalvi

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Instead of TITAN RTX dev may want to save for the Quadro RTX 8000, those are workstation GPUs with more VRAM and more cores than even the TITAN series. It's also another thousand dollars, but you'd have a GPU specially made for these sorts of things. Ultimately you'll save more time rendering. Though the TITAN RTX can definitely be utilized as a workstation GPU, and is also better suitable for gaming.
Quadro's are "useless" for me.

A Quardo 8000 has 48GB VRAM, 4608 CUDA, 72 RT cores and 576 Tensor cores for the price of 6800€.

2 Titan RTX with NvLink has 48GB VRam, 9216 Cuda, 144 RT cores, and 1152 Tensor cores for the price of 5600€.

I will probably wait for the new generation and save up the money for 2 Ampere Titans.

No. WiAB will never be abandoned.
I started it. I finish it.

And the "Headaches" WiAB gives me are the reason I am growing so fast in terms of my skill set.

Mit dem Angriff Stein- uh.. with the rework of WiAB, everything is going to be fine.

And you could also see "WiAB" and "SG" as one game because of how deeply connected they are.
Abandoning/putting it on-hold would result in a missing puzzle part.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019

And the "Headaches" WiAB gives me are the reason I am growing so fast in terms of my skill set.

Mit dem Angriff Stein- uh.. with the rework of WiAB, everything is going to be fine.

And you could also see "WiAB" and "SG" as one game because of how deeply connected they are.
So you’re confident then that the rework would be done, by, say, September-October?

abhi1180

Sep 12, 2018

A Quardo 8000 has 48GB VRAM, 4608 CUDA, 72 RT cores and 576 Tensor cores for the price of 6800€.

2 Titan RTX with NvLink has 48GB VRam, 9216 Cuda, 144 RT cores, and 1152 Tensor cores for the price of 5600€.

I will probably wait for the new generation and save up the money for 2 Ampere Titans.

Have you heard about AMD threadripper 3990X 64core cpu. Are you thinking of investing in it , will it be helpful for you to have it, what improvement can a game dev expect with this CPU in his/her hand..

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018

Perhaps wait a few months for OLCF-5. With Blender 3.1 and HashMatrx3D you'll be able to render in real-time. And TwoMyPoly will scan movies for animations so you don't even have to script human interactions.

Reactions: madrid3423

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I haven't been watching this thread for some time, so I did some catching up and I must say, those upgrades to the characters, damn, such a jump. :D They were fine before, not perfect, but fine, but the use of newer technologies make them so much more attractive. I think it's all gonna be worth it.

Twinty

Sep 15, 2019

Now, a question that everyone wants to know, is Miru stronger than Mc? wil we ever find out? kkkk

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes