4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
The dev said that he will make a post about the current situation of WIAB after the SG beta ends, which should be done this week. Hopefully the update is close, but if it's not out by the end of September, I think he should just abandon it or at least put it on hold till SG is finished. If he can't update the game at least twice a year then it's just a waste of valuable time imo.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I think he should just abandon it or at least put it on hold till SG is finished.
I did calculations and SG won't finish until 2034 at the earliest, thats only if it had 4 updates a year (2 chapters) 30 planned, so if you think he should continue WIAB after SG is finished then ok.. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Garvelt

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
I did calculations and SG won't finish until 2034 at the earliest, thats only if it had 4 updates a year (2 chapters) 30 planned, so if you think he should continue WIAB after SG is finished then ok.. lol
That is if the current pace,technology, political stability, natural balance remains constant and epidemic doesn't affect the dev, which won't ! , and so the estimation will change again.

it's better to enjoy what we can and support if you have disposable income else focus on things that matter to you.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
It won't be purposely abandoned and he isn't milking, but in addition to other things I've mentioned previously....

Both SG and this game are way, way too big. Too much branching. Too many route combinations. Way too many LI's. I think the "sweet spot" for LI's is between 3-8. Depending on game complexity. These both have like...10-15 each?

You can handle one of the games being that way. Have a "main" game and a simpler side-game. But both of these are mains. And they're both really big main games at that. This is practically trying to do Depraved Awakening and COBD...at the same time.

Regardless of Ocean's skill level (which is very high) and his PC's (which are very good). I just can't see them be completed. And that really sucks because they're both really good games. If they weren't, I wouldn't care as much as I do. To clarify something earlier, I said "purposely" abandoned. I don't think he'll ever do that. He's put way too much into it to say "I'm done". The "abandonment" as in de facto-abandonment or something. The longer it goes, and the more complex it gets. The more he'll wear down. The less interest the game will get. The odds just aren't favorable. I guess abandonment via attrition is what I'm talking about.

I want to be an optimist. But I can't see it. I'd give it like a 10% chance. The current schedule isn't sustainable. The typical game is completed in 2-3 years. These games are on pace for a decade or more. Something will happen, sooner or later. It has to.

I think the best course is to work on SG 85% of the time. And then work on the re-work of this the rest. Do a SG update every 2-3 months, like his goal is. And do a WIAB release 1-2 times a year. And I know this isn't going to happen...but I'd re-write what hasn't been in the updates yet. Wouldn't touch the stuff already in the games. But slim down the rest of it. Simplify things. Bring the scope down and the odds of completion go up significantly.

Last edited:

someoldguy

Aug 8, 2017
It won't be purposely abandoned and he isn't milking, but in addition to other things I've mentioned previously....

Both SG and this game are way, way too big. Too much branching. Too many route combinations. Way too many LI's. I think the "sweet spot" for LI's is between 3-8. Depending on game complexity. These both have like...10-15 each?

You can handle one of the games being that way. Have a "main" game and a simpler side-game. But both of these are mains. And they're both really big main games at that. This is practically trying to do Depraved Awakening and COBD...at the same time.

Regardless of Ocean's skill level (which is very high) and his PC's (which are very good). I just can't see them be completed. And that really sucks because they're both really good games. If they weren't, I wouldn't care as much as I do. To clarify something earlier, I said "purposely" abandoned. I don't think he'll ever do that. He's put way too much into it to say "I'm done". The "abandonment" as in de facto-abandonment or something. The longer it goes, and the more complex it gets. The more he'll wear down. The less interest the game will get. The odds just aren't favorable. I guess abandonment via attrition is what I'm talking about.

I want to be an optimist. But I can't see it. I'd give it like a 10% chance. The current schedule isn't sustainable. The typical game is completed in 2-3 years. These games are on pace for a decade or more. Something will happen, sooner or later. It has to.

I think the best course is to work on SG 85% of the time. And then work on the re-work of this the rest. Do a SG update every 2-3 months, like his goal is. And do a WIAB release 1-2 times a year. And I know this isn't going to happen...but I'd re-write what hasn't been in the updates yet. Wouldn't touch the stuff already in the games. But slim down the rest of it. Simplify things. Bring the scope down and the odds of completion go up significantly.
I reluctantly agree with this sentiment. We're only 6 chapters in and each one has widened the pool of LI's and thrown in more plot, some of which makes little sense. It already feels like you'd need a team of people producing an update every month to build a meaningful relationship with your choice(s) of the core women and tell the unfolding story in a satisfactory way over the course of 2-3 more years. Quarterly updates or fewer just pushes the projected timescale off into unrealistic territory. Either they'll be starved of funds as interest wanes or the demands of life - career, family, health - will take priority at some point. Which is a great pity because there's a lot to like in this game.

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
He is not going to fully abandon it, so the alternative is having two unfinished games by that time and that's even worse lol.

Reactions: modo200 and lonelyk

iolkj

Nov 30, 2019
Ah. 96gb VRAM lmao
Can't wait for him to get his hands on the quantum computer. This is fucking hilarious. How much do Philly or DPK have?
Well, given this, DPK wields at least 8*24=192 GB of VRAM. Rendering complex scenes with many characters and lights does take enormous amounts of VRAM.

May 8, 2018
Ah. 96gb VRAM lmao
Can't wait for him to get his hands on the quantum computer. This is fucking hilarious. How much do Philly or DPK have?
I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same or even more. I'm sure DPK is the one that has the most powerful ones given his support on Patreon, but SG and WIAB have similar if not higher quality renders and environments than BaDIK, and he's doing them in a lot less powerful hardware, so I assume he's gonna need all the VRAM he can get.

Reactions: Skydden

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
According to estimates, Phili has three times more patreon income, DPC has 12000 patreons more... I must firmly believe that they have far superior equipment to Ocean. Which shows what a great developer Ocean is, his quality not only rivals, but often surpasses them.

Skydden

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah his renders are better but at this point I'd just rather have content over renders that look like they belong in art galleries. But then again this is not my game and neither am I paying for it so eh.
You are absolutely right, content over renders every time. Even more so when we talk about games/vn...
I completely disagree. If you want more content, you already have dozens of mediocre games on this site that pump out updates pretty often.
What makes Ocean's games stand out from the others are the quality of the renders. And you can't rush quality, especially as a one man army. And honestly, his update frequency isn't that slow compared to other VNs that I know (and those look worse).
Ocean is a very underrated artist, he should be at the top along with the other adult devs on Patreon. He works extraordinarily well (and keeps getting better) with what he has, and you gotta give him props for that.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes