4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I don't know who marked it as abandoned but there's no such information from the dev. It's not officially abandoned
Thank fuck. I got worried. It's one of very few games that seem to be on hold that I am actually looking forward to being finished.

Last edited:

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
I don't get it, why posting some rework previews showing both SG and WIAB if then this game gets the tag "abandoned"?
I mean, why spending time to do something that you know you won't release?
Icstor posted previews as well, his game received the abandoned tag cause he delayed it for too long.

Reactions: modo200

Eunectes

Feb 12, 2018
I do hope that this abandonment is nothing more than some mod's initiative to clean up F95 a little bit.

Thank fuck. I got worried. It's one of very few games that seem to be on hold that I am actually looking forward to being finished.
I am actually waiting for this game to pick up as well

Reactions: Vollezar

vajavo6038

Aug 6, 2021
I really don't get the dev. Why doing two such high demand games simultaneously? There is a very high risk of burnout. He should just quit this one and concentrate on SG, which is by far the better one. This will not end well. Because I fear that SG might be never finished, I have voiced my opinion in such an extreme manner.
Your personal desires don't matter. The right thing to do would be to complete this one because this game started first, but most developers always start a new project before finishing the previous one, this is so unethical and a stupid decision.

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
Has it been six months already since the last dev blog? Wasn't it posted at the end of April?

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
The Problem IS, Ocean is an Artist. and like many artists he is Never satisfied with his work. He puts out Plenty of art for his Patrons, for which i believe , he feels obliged to. (this is part of the problem with Patreon tier system.)i don't believe it is abandoned but his focus is making $$ $$ $$ $$. he seems to try and 'Please' everybody which can't be done. mostly because he can't please himself.
IMO he has Lost focus on the Game and puts all his time on Wallpapers and such for his 'Paying' fans. who started Paying him because of his GAME.

if in doubt, you really only need to go to his patreon or discord pages. he IS Quite active... o_O

Last edited:

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
HOW is this NOT listed as abandoned already?
NOTHING has been productive in well over half a year.
Instead of focusing all of their attention on some NEW work, how about they finish what they started, then use all of that creativity on something new.

Oh, they aren't satisfied with their work...when IS anyone really?
I know bands that take YEARS to come out with a new album, not because they are lazy, but the dozen songs they have settled on are being reworked over and over to get it JUST right, THAT is a stupid way to do business, but hey if people are going to just throw money at developers, they are literally giving them that right to do next to nothing productive.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Not sure if they removed it or I am not seeing but I don't have an abandoned tag when searching for it ?
Anyways if it did get one it would not surprise me, Like I said before Ocean has to do Ocean, I have expressed my opinions before and predictions before ( in this thread ) and even got replies from Ocean on them ( in this thread ) about him understanding where I am coming from ( in this thread ) and said that whatever it takes he will not stop or abandon the game, I told him back than too, you can promise it as much as you want but at the end of the day even if it was the truth you feel then it might not be the truth for it in the future, also life happens and shit happens that can throw you of the rail ( this was pre covid ) and guess what... pandemic happened, not sure if it affected Ocean but again part of life happened. When he announced he was getting a second rig and pc, people speculated and he said he would be able to do both games at the same time without it effecting the other, I said this is Ocean we are talking about, him getting more rigs or better cards does not equal faster work but the opposite, it means slower updates. Ocean is a perfectionist to the core and to a fault. I like his amazing work pre 0.6 and I definitely loved his 0.6, but I made it clear that for how long it took to bring out the 0.6 while he was ALREADY busy on reworking the game ( yes he was reworking the game already before releasing 0.6 ) than while the quality is above anyone else at that time the wait was not the worth. He goes so far to put any new equipment he gains that would speed up his work and instead of continuing it he puts em to the test because in his eyes it means more capabilities and more experimenting.

WiAB was earning quite a bit before SG was in his hands, when he received SG and did the rework SG still was below WiAB.
He released 0.6 after that keep in mind that was an update to a story and 0.6 is already part of the rework ( part of rework but not a rework itself ) that content we got for 0.6 was a half 0.6 because content that was already done and made had to be cut out or else the current story would not make sense, keep in mind he was already busy with the rework for 0.1 to 0.5.

But he decided to give SG his attention while waiting for his second rig to come than he can work on it simultaneously, That went well for only a few months before one of the rigs started up causing problems and iirc it was the WiAB one. So while he was still in his words working on WiAB, SG was making progress while he is still waiting and deciding on what card he was going to get for either rig or whatever. SG get's updated. Now with that happening I would think he would now focus on WiAB as that was the next in line as he said 1 for 1 update, surprise surprise, SG get's a second update not so long ago.
I got salty about that, still am salty about that. And definitely not happy with people trying to use patreon statistics to try and throw WiAB under the bus because if we was going with statistics in terms of income than SG should not ever have gotten an update in the first place as WiAB was the big winner overall and if it had received its damn updates it would have gotten more notice by now. That is a fact.

What Ocean is up to right now or how what his plans or I have no idea, he does not say much in WiAB now a days, I don't hang around in SG thread at all so no idea if he is more active there or not. But Yeah I would like to have some clarification or a roadmap on what is going on just like everyone else. I want transparency so I know if we are going to get an update soon or not or if SG is going to be the focus from now on so I know for a fact if I should even bother coming here again or not instead of wondering if he is still planning on working on his "Baby" as he seemed to call it a long time ago or if SG is his new "Baby".

Reactions: nobody0 and _Maou_

Agent Cooper

Sep 30, 2017
The Problem IS, Ocean is an Artist. and like many artists he is Never satisfied with his work. He puts out Plenty of art for his Patrons, for which i believe , he feels obliged to. (this is part of the problem with Patreon tier system.)i don't believe it is abandoned but his focus is making $$ $$ $$ $$. he seems to try and 'Please' everybody which can't be done. mostly because he can't please himself.
IMO he has Lost focus on the Game and puts all his time on Wallpapers and such for his 'Paying' fans. who started Paying him because of his GAME.

if in doubt, you really only need to go to his patreon or discord pages. he IS Quite active... o_O
A recipe for disaster. I hope I'm wrong and he's ethical, but with two awesome games, he better have a good team around him.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
What Ocean is up to right now or how what his plans or I have no idea, he does not say much in WiAB now a days, I don't hang around in SG thread at all so no idea if he is more active there or not. But Yeah I would like to have some clarification or a roadmap on what is going on just like everyone else. I want transparency so I know if we are going to get an update soon or not or if SG is going to be the focus from now on so I know for a fact if I should even bother coming here again or not instead of wondering if he is still planning on working on his "Baby" as he seemed to call it a long time ago or if SG is his new "Baby".
He is active in SG tread. Not much, but still appears there sometimes. I feel kind sad, because it's a while he doesn't talk here anymore and it makes me feel, along with the lack of information about the WIAB rework, that he doesn't care about WIAB anymore

Reactions: Ivyxxx and _Maou_

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
A recipe for disaster. I hope I'm wrong and he's ethical, but with two awesome games, he better have a good team around him.
He does not have a Team, he is the team, solo. No one else. Him hiring people to help was something that was mentioned or recommended he do all the way back to 0.4 of WiAB before SG was even in existance. The slow down on his work started on 0.4 As 0.4 was his shortest release back than and followed by a many months of waiting for 0.5 on for the camping trip as he released the camping trip he had it almost finished but had to redo it and rewrite it so many renders he had at ready that was not released was tossed out and had to redo, so the big delays and long waits started to happen on the camping trip. And guess what is getting reworked again.. that's right... the camping trip is also getting a rework and getting redone. And he is saying today the same thing he said back when we was mentioning it would be a good idea to get at least 1 more person on board to help out. So him getting a team, yeah no doubt it. And if it does happen I doubt it will be any time soon or for WiAB.

He is active in SG tread. Not much, but still appears there sometimes. I feel kind sad, because it's a while he doesn't talk here anymore and it makes me feel, along with the lack of information about the WIAB rework, that he doesn't care about WIAB anymore
Pretty much my point and how I feel, at this point I just want to know serious and legit straight to the point answer of what to expect and an answer like " I am still working on it, or it is still in development or have patience " is not enough of answer, I want something more along the line of " It is still being worked on and is currently the NEXT in line for update guaranteed and will be released THIS year " I don't want no vague answers or carrot on a stick type answers. Because his actions is making it seem indeed like he gives fuck all about WiAB at this point and no some rework wallpapers vs a second update to SG does do fuck all to instill confidence that WiAB is going to be the focus, for all I know we could get an update and we still going to end up having to wait 2 years for the next one. And in the end he would still not understand why people would complain about him taking so long and yet releasing a " big " update.

I remember him at one point questioning why it is that when other dev's who release ( something along the line of ) a monthly 3000-5000 words and 300-500 renders get praise for short updates but if he was to release 15000-25000 with over 3000 renders and xx amount of animations over a course of 6 to 8 months would be a problem, I answered back then that the answer to his question was consistency. Meaning you can expect an update from them every month or month and a half where as in his case it is an unknown factor. The irony though is when he said that it was 6 to 8 months and here we are more than a year later no update and more than 2 years of rework. I wonder if he still to this day is questioning it.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes