4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

AgamerXD

Aug 27, 2018
Hi guys,

When loading any of my saves I get following error:
Playing on MAC with Walkthrough mod (patched), no versions have changed since the saves.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
As you already know, I have not played the current iteration of SG. But from what I remember and Ocean has actually mentioned it multiple times in this thread ( I am not anywhere in the SG thread so no info on that side ), That his focus for SG is anything but a major fuckfest, instead it is mostly focused on a story telling and plot with some sexual content here and there. So yes Sexual content is guaranteed but not his focus, he also said and I am paraphrasing here. " If it is sex you are looking for in every update or every other update than SG is not for you " to someone. So while there is some build up here and there and lot of blue balling the amount of sex or sexual stuff is going to be kept minimal and the focus will be more on story telling and drama. That is or was his whole intention with SG. Now he could have completely thrown that concept out of the window and decided differently and would have said so in the SG thread, but he did definitely not say that in WiAB.

So feel free to correct me on that, but otherwise don't keep your hopes up for crazy threesomes or sexual content with every update after the first scene. He made it clear that any of that happening is going to be far in between... and given how his current update record is despite giving SG 2 updates in a row I have my doubt that you will be seeing many of em anytime soon when it comes to SG. Be prepared for that.
I know sexual content will not be the main focus of the game, and I'm actually glad about that, because I prefer a good story and romance between the characters. Having said that, the signs are definitely there. It could be a big misdirection by Ocean, but the signs are still there. I'm not going to go into spoilers from the latest update, but once the MC manages to overcome his erection problems there will be a lot of girls lining up (there already are a few) and I'm not talking about only LI's, but random girls as well. As of right now there are at least 10-15 girls who could possibly qualify as main LI, which is a lot, and there's probably another 15 that could be possible one night stands, like teachers, therapists etc. And there's a lot more coming as well since it's only chapter 3.5 out of 20+. Maybe fuckfest wasn't the right word to use, but just looking at the huge female cast should be enough to see that it's very likely that there's going to be a lot of sex in the game. I guess it will mainly depend on when the MC manages to solve his problem. Maybe it's going to be very late into the game and sex will just be the endgame lol.

Reactions: supermanz95

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I know sexual content will not be the main focus of the game, and I'm actually glad about that, because I prefer a good story and romance between the characters. Having said that, the signs are definitely there. It could be a big misdirection by Ocean, but the signs are still there. I'm not going to go into spoilers from the latest update, but once the MC manages to overcome his erection problems there will be a lot of girls lining up (there already are a few) and I'm not talking about only LI's, but random girls as well. As of right now there are at least 10-15 girls who could possibly qualify as main LI, which is a lot, and there's probably another 15 that could be possible one night stands, like teachers, therapists etc. And there's a lot more coming as well since it's only chapter 3.5 out of 20+. Maybe fuckfest wasn't the right word to use, but just looking at the huge female cast should be enough to see that it's very likely that there's going to be a lot of sex in the game. I guess it will mainly depend on when the MC manages to solve his problem. Maybe it's going to be very late into the game and sex will just be the endgame lol.
That is fair, story and character build up and character personality are very important stuff for me in any story or game or VN.
The only thing is I was going from what he was clarifying back when it was talked about sexual scenes and content and from his words he made it clear that story is main focus quick fap is not, so from what he mentioned and said back than ( which for all I know could have changed ) was that despite how many people there may be while not of the table he wont be fucking around.
My guess is he prob wants to go the route of some of the Jap Vn's where there are like options for like 10 ish LI and even though you can sleep with 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 you cannot get with all of em, that you would have to choose and get hard locked on whoever you chose to spend more time with. And those games usually have good stories but barely any sexual content. What it does however give in return ins major replay ability. So while he may have that many characters around unless he stated it somewhere my guess this is the route he wants for SG and that even though there are plenty of protentionals of one offs or LI's. Iirc the name of the game was about a girl, who is suddenly gone or moved or whatever ( again this is me going off of memory of the first iteration and first ever small rework of the first iteration done by Ocean ) And that is one of mental health issues. So my guess is while there will be sexual content and what not with some of the characters, most will prob be either flashbacks and the rest is him finding either a new LI and getting over his past and moving on or him going on a hunt for his past after he get's over most of his issues. Not sure if the story layout or blueprint is the same still though. So again feel free to correct me on that.

Reactions: supermanz95

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
Can someone please explain or link me to a post explaining why the game hasn't been continued with the next chapter?
I am not shitting on the game or the creator just asking out of ignorance.
The dev is currently doing a MAJOR rework of the whole game while also working on another game called Summer's Gone. SG update just released so I imagine WIAB will be his focus now.

Reactions: _Maou_

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
That is fair, story and character build up and character personality are very important stuff for me in any story or game or VN.
The only thing is I was going from what he was clarifying back when it was talked about sexual scenes and content and from his words he made it clear that story is main focus quick fap is not, so from what he mentioned and said back than ( which for all I know could have changed ) was that despite how many people there may be while not of the table he wont be fucking around.
My guess is he prob wants to go the route of some of the Jap Vn's where there are like options for like 10 ish LI and even though you can sleep with 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 you cannot get with all of em, that you would have to choose and get hard locked on whoever you chose to spend more time with. And those games usually have good stories but barely any sexual content. What it does however give in return ins major replay ability. So while he may have that many characters around unless he stated it somewhere my guess this is the route he wants for SG and that even though there are plenty of protentionals of one offs or LI's. Iirc the name of the game was about a girl, who is suddenly gone or moved or whatever ( again this is me going off of memory of the first iteration and first ever small rework of the first iteration done by Ocean ) And that is one of mental health issues. So my guess is while there will be sexual content and what not with some of the characters, most will prob be either flashbacks and the rest is him finding either a new LI and getting over his past and moving on or him going on a hunt for his past after he get's over most of his issues. Not sure if the story layout or blueprint is the same still though. So again feel free to correct me on that.
We are going to have to wait and see what happens, but the way the story is going there's going to be a lot of temptation for the MC going forward. Whether the player is going to be able to choose to accept or the MC will automatically reject these advances still remains to be seen. One thing's for sure, it's going to be a long ass game if everything goes according to plan, so it's impossible to predict what exactly is going to happen.

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
I don't know if anyone asked this before. Do we have to delete the current version of WIAB when episode 1 remastered is being released? Some game I've played remastered means delete and start fresh. Is this the same one?

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I don't know if anyone asked this before. Do we have to delete the current version of WIAB when episode 1 remastered is being released? Some game I've played remastered means delete and start fresh. Is this the same one?
In case of this one yes, same for the saves, the story is going to be completely rewritten and redone and the same goes for all the current scenes. That being said by rewrite does not mean the story will change, while some stuff will change and be renewed and some stuff removed and replaced, the foundation of the story will remain the same.

So I suggest you save up the old one and archive it somewhere if you want and when this remake gets released you are going to have to start fresh anyways, and later on if you want after a few updates or whatever you can always compare em afterwards, if you so wish too. I know I do that sometimes. Hopefully that answers your question.

Reactions: The_Hybrid

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
In case of this one yes, same for the saves, the story is going to be completely rewritten and redone and the same goes for all the current scenes. That being said by rewrite does not mean the story will change, while some stuff will change and be renewed and some stuff removed and replaced, the foundation of the story will remain the same.

So I suggest you save up the old one and archive it somewhere if you want and when this remake gets released you are going to have to start fresh anyways, and later on if you want after a few updates or whatever you can always compare em afterwards, if you so wish too. I know I do that sometimes. Hopefully that answers your question.
Thank my dude. You help me a lot here. Really appriciate it

Qwert99

Mar 2, 2018
I honestly don't see how the dev plans to finish his 20+ chapter updates for both this game and Summer's Gone, especially considering he's supposedly starting from scratch on WIAB, before the heat death of the universe.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I really don't get the dev. Why doing two such high demand games simultaneously? There is a very high risk of burnout. He should just quit this one and concentrate on SG, which is by far the better one. This will not end well. Because I fear that SG might be never finished, I have voiced my opinion in such an extreme manner.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I really don't get the dev. Why doing two such high demand games simultaneously? There is a very high risk of burnout. He should just quit this one and concentrate on SG, which is by far the better one. This will not end well. Because I fear that SG might be never finished, I have voiced my opinion in such an extreme manner.
If you back up a few pages and read forward, you'll find that Ocean, picked up one game when a friend who he was assisting abandoned it. He never intended to have two games in play at the same time. This has been regularly discussed in the thread.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
If you back up a few pages and read forward, you'll find that Ocean, picked up one game when a friend who he was assisting abandoned it. He never intended to have two games in play at the same time. This has been regularly discussed in the thread.
I have read it, I know of it. But that will not change the outcome. Knowing the reason does not change the hard facts and thus the quite probable consequences. May I err.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I have read it, I know of it. But that will not change the outcome. Knowing the reason does not change the hard facts and thus the quite probable consequences. May I err.
From your previous comment "I really don't get the dev. Why doing two such high demand games simultaneously?"
If you already know his motivation, then why ask this in such a disingenuous way?

So you disagree with his decision to try to save a second game. Fine. Say that.

IIRC, and I'm old with a bad memory, SG is the game he moved to save. At this point WIAB is roughly 30% of the Patreon income for the two games. Those of us who prefer WIAB should actually be thankful if Ocean continues with both, because if he has to pick (while I'm certain he cares equally for both) WIAB is more likely to be abandoned.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
From your previous comment "I really don't get the dev. Why doing two such high demand games simultaneously?"
If you already know his motivation, then why ask this in such a disingenuous way?

IIRC, and I'm old with a bad memory, SG is the game he moved to save. At this point WIAB is roughly 30% of the Patreon income for the two games. Those of us who prefer WIAB should actually be thankful if Ocean continues with both, because if he has to pick (while I'm certain he cares equally for both) WIAB is more likely to be abandoned.
I was not accurate. The "still" part was left out, sorry my bad.

Reactions: UncleFredo

albul

Jun 8, 2017

I think it's unfair to compare the two games' revenues at this point because WIAB has not received an update for 14 months, while Summer Gone has received two of them. Obviously, if you don't get updates for a game, the revenue will stagnate, and it remained at pretty much the same level as it was a year ago (when Summer gone only had around 600$ in revenue). Let's see if SG is shelved for 14+ months, while WIAB gets two consistent updates how they fare against each other (not saying this will happen, it's just a hypothetical).

My only concern with WIAB is that what currently in the works is the remake of CH1 and it will be a looong while until we actually get past the point where the 0.6 update left the story at.

Reactions: Ivyxxx and Gold613

Ivrhym

Jan 26, 2020
I don't get it, why posting some rework previews showing both SG and WIAB if then this game gets the tag "abandoned"?
I mean, why spending time to do something that you know you won't release?

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes