4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
It is very sad to see how Ocean lets us WIAB fans fall to the depths of depression, in this thread they end up talking about SG, in the WIAB discord channel they talk about SG, in the patreon posts they talk about SG.... Even though he did advance some images in April, the last time he advanced something seriously was in March, the explanations of what happened to Ocean and his computer were given in the SG channel, it's like little by little we have to conform and migrate there...
I am a patreon in WIAB, but every time I receive a notification email, it is an image of SG.
Don't misunderstand, SG seems to me an extraordinary VN, and I really like it and I will follow it, but my little heart belongs to WIAB and little by little I lose hope to see at least a new update.

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
I remember him at one point questioning why it is that when other dev's who release ( something along the line of ) a monthly 3000-5000 words and 300-500 renders get praise for short updates but if he was to release 15000-25000 with over 3000 renders and xx amount of animations over a course of 6 to 8 months would be a problem, I answered back then that the answer to his question was consistency. Meaning you can expect an update from them every month or month and a half where as in his case it is an unknown factor. The irony though is when he said that it was 6 to 8 months and here we are more than a year later no update and more than 2 years of rework. I wonder if he still to this day is questioning it.
Consistent game updates and weekly dev logs are needed for both SG and WIAB. Giving estimates about how many scenes and how many renders he is planning to make for a specific update would also help. The weekly dev logs are probably a pain in the ass, especially if he can't make enough progress during the week, but it would still keep the fans updated on what's happening and when to expect the episodes to drop. Looking back at the last dev log for WIAB from April for example, it pretty much sounded like the update would be out next month (aka May) since that was supposed to be the last dev log before the update, but here we are in August with nothing. Now I know from SG dev logs that around May he decided to add a big and complicated scene to SG's recent update, which took him two months to complete. He probably spent most of his time working on that, but that begs the question what's up with the WIAB update? If it was almost complete at that time, why not just release it in May and focus on SG after that?

SG's latest update was freaking awesome, but after the beta is finished (probably next week) we are back in limbo again. Will it take another 7 months for a 1400 render update to be released? The update itself wasn't small by any means, but some devs are able to release such an update in 3-4 months. And let's not forget that the game is supposed to be 20+ chapters long. With the way things are going right now, we are all going to be dead by the time it's finished. Obviously the same thing applies to WIAB as well.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
June was the time dev started work on update-related stuff 4 WIAB again ..
1628272171042.png

1628272229470.png

We better go have that gettaway in the woods
where we bang some awesome bombshells
every time and again.

Dev only wishes 4 chapter 1 of WIAB to be released
in some rework fashion:

Hello,Welcome to the probably last mini dev log
before the update of the reworked Chapter 1
”​

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I got the reply from Oceanlab y'all. Seem like after he releases SG chap 3.5 Final, he will make a post (That's what I think when will be the most suitable time to release a post)
This post is coming "soon" since the begin of july hehe, but i undestand final SG 3.5 out of door been priority now and this is all right. I already suspect that this post will come only after SG release

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
I really don't get the dev. Why doing two such high demand games simultaneously? There is a very high risk of burnout. He should just quit this one and concentrate on SG, which is by far the better one. This will not end well. Because I fear that SG might be never finished, I have voiced my opinion in such an extreme manner.
I get what you are saying. Doing 2 games with such high quality content, must take a lot of time. I know this was said before and the response from some people was that he has more than 1 pc and can render both games at the same time. Sure he can set both computers to do the rendering, but he cannot make up story and write and code, etc, for both games at the same time. There is a lot of things to do and i think i would be naive if i would think that he can keep releasing regular updates for both games during a longer period. Just my thoughts, not a criticism, i love his work on both games.

Skydden

Feb 22, 2019
Ocean already said multiple times that he's developing both games at the same time because he has the ability to switch work between the two. If he gets bored/tired of one, he switches to the other, it's that simple. What's so hard to comprehend?
As the saying goes, variety is the spice of life.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Ocean already said multiple times that he's developing both games at the same time because he has the ability to switch work between the two. If he gets bored/tired of one, he switches to the other, it's that simple. What's so hard to comprehend?
As the saying goes, variety is the spice of life.
Thanks. I'll show this to my wife. Surely she'll let me marry another woman now.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I get what you are saying. Doing 2 games with such high quality content, must take a lot of time. I know this was said before and the response from some people was that he has more than 1 pc and can render both games at the same time. Sure he can set both computers to do the rendering, but he cannot make up story and write and code, etc, for both games at the same time. There is a lot of things to do and i think i would be naive if i would think that he can keep releasing regular updates for both games during a longer period. Just my thoughts, not a criticism, i love his work on both games.
Exactly. I like both, but SG more. (I am not into ntr stuff) So yeah. Superwriter does 2 games at once, but those are very short updates and both games are far from SG s level even Wiab s quality. That is why I am saying, this cannot end well.

Perfect S

Oct 20, 2019
You guys can get angry at me if you want, but the cold hard truth is this game is never getting finished, sadly. SG has a chance to get finished, albeit it will take a couple decades or so.
You can expect a few "wallpapers" and "WIP" screenshots every couple months. And maybe a small "rework/remake" patch every couple of years. But actually finishing it? I don't see it happening.
It's no wonder he is investing his (limited) time into SG, as it's not stuck in rework limbo, not to mention it's earning him more cash.
WIAB only has a real chance if he recruits/hire helpers. Alone a man can only do so much. It's even made worse by the fact he is a "perfectionist".

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Where it all begins is pretty good, I don't think the game needed to be reworked tho but I guess Ocean had different plans with the game.. Me personally I like SG way better, not saying I don't like WIAB cause I do(I'm glad the NTR stuff was avoidable btw) but I like summer's gone more and it would be much better if he only focused on SG instead of trying to do both.. One update a year is not good at all So it's not worth it working on both games when itll just take decades for both to be updated or completed.. Rather finish SG first then work on WIAB

Reactions: codex35

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
We need some drink too. What the best think to drink while eating popcorn? Pepsi for me. What y'all want
I prefer coke over pepsi, but both are great options.

Where it all begins is pretty good, I don't think the game needed to be reworked tho but I guess Ocean had different plans with the game.. Me personally I like SG way better, not saying I don't like WIAB cause I do(I'm glad the NTR stuff was avoidable btw) but I like summer's gone more and it would be much better if he only focused on SG instead of trying to do both.. One update a year is not good at all So it's not worth it working on both games when itll just take decades for both to be updated or completed.. Rather finish SG first then work on WIAB
It really does need a rework. IT is not an aesthetic problem, even if you can see that the level of art he can do right now, not just cute renders but in a more profound level, like like, ambient, mood of the scenes is on a totally different level of his original work. The real problem is that the story and character behavior is inconsistent.

This happened as a lot of original decisions were made when Ocean was a newbie and he was following polls and recommendations from patreon. But those ideas do no longer work in the kind of story he wants to tell.

And once again, many people have suggested him to focus on one and then do the other. He has rejected the idea many times, for different reasons. So it is what it is.

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
Damn you Oceanlab ლಠ益ಠ)ლ !, I really did not expect I would have fallen for a character as close to Leia:love: since I saw this

screenshot0002.png
hands down the most erotic art I have seen that makes me want to frame it on a wall ! or maybe a desktop wallpaper

Who is the other dame you say ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dana :love:, the only reason apart from a cutie like Dana desiring to be dominated I am not fully into Leia like most people are into Bella in SG is because her darkness will be a detriment into any relation long term, her need to alienate any females(including katie and excluding the mother and aunt) from MC is sign of not being able to regulate her affection for him which might smother him later on, or atleast that is what I think it to be.

Now having played SG I was perplexed how disconnected the writing was , but we'll see what the remake holds, as with all things I compared WiAB to SG and felt forced in certain things like

1. Trauma, which comes out of nowhere in ep 6, I didn't notice any signs of it prior to it when he was in police custody or in state prison (mind you a person having trauma would exhibit discomfort immediately when placed in the undesired environment and later on as the pressure builds it seeps in action and speech making them behave unnaturally or agitated)

2. Leia's darkside which isn't even properly addressed in her path and why would you add a commitment early on without addressing it like how we addressed in Katie's ? why the rush ?

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 185 Votes