4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

Violet Lee

Jan 17, 2021
I don't know if people pointed it out already, but doesn't William Zane look alot like MC from Summer's Gone?

Screenshot (38).png
Could they be blood related by any chance, or is it just hard to make new model's? Atleast in this picture, where he was in prison, the similarities are obvious.

I will post this in SG's thread as well.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I don't know if people pointed it out already, but doesn't William Zane look alot like MC from Summer's Gone?

View attachment 1383555
Could they be blood related by any chance, or is it just hard to make new model's? Atleast in this picture, where he was in prison, the similarities are obvious.

I will post this in SG's thread as well.
I don't know if it's confirmed already, but talks a lot about MC of SG be nephew of MC of WiAB

Violet Lee

Jan 17, 2021
I don't know if it's confirmed already, but talks a lot about MC of SG be nephew of MC of WiAB
Wouldn't that mean that either Katie or Leia is the mother? So if there are no other brother's or sister's of William then it must be Leia.. and she would be dead in Summer's gone.:cry:

Edit: Wait, maybe MC and Nami were made through incest between Katie/Leia and William, but couldn't keep them. So Nojiko adopted them, and she is maybe related with Miru and family. Nojiko would know the truth, and that's maybe why she reacts so strongly when Nami and MC are getting a little bit "too close". MC from SG said their parents are dead, but they were too young to remember.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Fun Shaundi

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Hello,

As promised I'll be doing weekly updates on WiAB.
At the moment, I'm pretty consistent with hitting my daily 20 WiAB render and 15 SG render goal. I often manage to finish it in the first half of the day if the focus is there.

Let me show you a small amount of stuff I rendered.
As before, Old and new WiAB.

The introduction of Dylan.
1630601502799.png 1630601517155.png
The funny thing about these renders is that I wasn't able to put two characters into the same scene. I had to remove Miru from the scene if I rendered Dylan and vice versa.
I'm glad these hardware limitations are behind me. (Mostly.)
1630601529718.png
In the new WiAB the introduction is mostly the same but it'll still feel different due to Miru's personality change.
Let's proceed with the inside.
1630601538770.png 1630601546122.png
Dylan and Miru make their way up to their new room.
1630601555390.png
I'm not going to spoiler the room (It's nothing special right now.) but over the course of the game, it'll get decorated with all sorts of stuff.
At least until they'll get their own place.

Well, that was pretty much it.
Here's just a random Leia.
1630601564615.png

I'm getting very close to the end of Chapter 1. (If you played old WiAB you'll know it.)
While Chapter 1 is comparable with the old 0.1... Chapter 2 is an entirely new thing.
99% of the events in Chapter 2 are different.

You can download all the new renders in High Res at the bottom.

Until next week.

- Ocean
:)

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
- In the new WiAB the introduction is mostly the same but it'll still feel different due to Miru's personality change.

- I'm getting very close to the end of Chapter 1. (If you played old WiAB you'll know it.)
Wait, Miru is getting a personality change? How so? I must have missed the patreon post about it. I was under the assumption only her looks were changing.

As for the second point, its been 14 months since the last update, going on 15 months. All this time was spent remaking just the first chapter? I know he had PC issues for a while and is doing 2 games but wow even if its like 6 months to remake a chapter, to get back to ch. 6 it will take almost 3 years lol. And chapter 1 was mostly the same, just new look. He said chapter 2 will be 99% different meaning now he has to spend even more time rewriting the plot..longer updates..

Am I overreacting or misunderstanding? This seems like terrible news.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Wait, Miru is getting a personality change? How so? I must have missed the patreon post about it. I was under the assumption only her looks were changing.

As for the second point, its been 14 months since the last update, going on 15 months. All this time was spent remaking just the first chapter? I know he had PC issues for a while and is doing 2 games but wow even if its like 6 months to remake a chapter, to get back to ch. 6 it will take almost 3 years lol. And chapter 1 was mostly the same, just new look. He said chapter 2 will be 99% different meaning now he has to spend even more time rewriting the plot..longer updates..

Am I overreacting or misunderstanding? This seems like terrible news.
The idea for Miru was always to change her, not only her image, because Ocean quickly realized the problems that her "personality" brought and how badly the NTR (where she was the only protagonist) was written and incorporated.
The news of how long it takes or will take with the rework, affects SG more than WIAB, we already knew that WIAB was coming slow, and last week he admitted that he had practically frozen WIAB when he discarded blender, with that we can assume that most of the work was for SG, 80-20 maybe? now it shows a 50-50 almost, so SG may suffer in their development times.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
The idea for Miru was always to change her, not only her image, because Ocean quickly realized the problems that her "personality" brought and how badly the NTR (where she was the only protagonist) was written and incorporated.
The news of how long it takes or will take with the rework, affects SG more than WIAB, we already knew that WIAB was coming slow, and last week he admitted that he had practically frozen WIAB when he discarded blender, with that we can assume that most of the work was for SG, 80-20 maybe? now it shows a 50-50 almost, so SG may suffer in their development times.
You mean just how WiAB has been suffering since SG came in to the picture ? Not sure what to tell you but the fact is the one suffering the most and to this day and so far has been the only one suffering on any form or capacity has been WiAB. SG was not his project but the moment it did, WiAB has done nothing but suffer.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
From the game when you start a new run. Since its 14 months old I am not sure how much of this is true. Summers Gone is on chapter 3.5 so we should bet gettinga new Where It All Began, but according to this image it will be the first 3 chapters/parts of the game since the rework is to be released in 2 parts and with 6 total chapters just do the math. Seems like hes been on chapter 7 working on it for a long while too.
wiab.jpg
I really dont want to wait long periods of time just to get 1 chapter releases waiting forever, years, to reach back to chapter 6 where it left off and to finally get new content from chapter 7 so I hope he still intends to do the whole thing in 2 parts. First 3 chapters, then the next 3, then chapter 7. Or better yet just do all 6 at once.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
You mean just how WiAB has been suffering since SG came in to the picture ? Not sure what to tell you but the fact is the one suffering the most and to this day and so far has been the only one suffering on any form or capacity has been WiAB. SG was not his project but the moment it did, WiAB has done nothing but suffer.
I totally agree, don't misunderstand me, I was just pointing out that the speed with which WIAB is being carried out is something we are resigned to accept. That in any case, the change in development times should affect SG more than WIAB.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
From the game when you start a new run. Since its 14 months old I am not sure how much of this is true. Summers Gone is on chapter 3.5 so we should bet gettinga new Where It All Began, but according to this image it will be the first 3 chapters/parts of the game since the rework is to be released in 2 parts and with 6 total chapters just do the math. Seems like hes been on chapter 7 working on it for a long while too.
View attachment 1384686
I really dont want to wait long periods of time just to get 1 chapter releases waiting forever, years, to reach back to chapter 6 where it left off and to finally get new content from chapter 7 so I hope he still intends to do the whole thing in 2 parts. First 3 chapters, then the next 3, then chapter 7. Or better yet just do all 6 at once.
All that has changed many times since that update. Now Ocean says that 99% of the history has changed, only the keystones remain. The updates are going to be chapter by chapter and the old chapter 6 is no longer in the rework, since it is not sure that the new will fit with it.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Wouldn't that mean that either Katie or Leia is the mother? So if there are no other brother's or sister's of William then it must be Leia.. and she would be dead in Summer's gone.:cry:

Edit: Wait, maybe MC and Nami were made through incest between Katie/Leia and William, but couldn't keep them. So Nojiko adopted them, and she is maybe related with Miru and family. Nojiko would know the truth, and that's maybe why she reacts so strongly when Nami and MC are getting a little bit "too close". MC from SG said their parents are dead, but they were too young to remember.
The WIAB MC's family is too large for any of them to take care of their children (mother, father, aunt, uncle, sisters and cousins). Unless the end of WIAB is a total tragedy, it looks unlikely.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
Can't wait to see what changed in chapter two and the rest of the game,but I hope he didn't change the wonderful dynamic between the siblings. Both of the sisters are extremely well written even by Ocean's standards.I loved how when the game started,Katie seemed like a brat and a bitch (she can be nasty if you're on the war path with her,true) and Leia seems like this responsible one, by chapter 6 it's the exact opposite.When Katie reveals her story,mc is shocked,says that he didn't know,but Leia knew everything,when leia comes to mc wanting to get back together,mc replies that Katie will fuck them over again,but Leia says that she won't because all a little Katie wants is their friendship.Even Dylan says that Leia is influencing mc. She was probably mostly responsible for ignoring and bullying Katie. While Katie acts bad while she's not,Leia acts like a good person,when she's manipulative,possessive and her feelings for mc,while true,are almost an obsession. Leia's personality is probably one of my fave in avn's. Can't wait for the continuation

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Not a fan of Miru's new appearance tbh.

The old one makes her look actually Asian, the new one looks like any other regular female render, nothing special.

Also since she's getting a personality change, does this mean no more NTR as well?

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

The old one makes her look actually Asian, the new one looks like any other regular female render, nothing special.

Also since she's getting a personality change, does this mean no more NTR as well?
there will be, but better implemented (I guess it will be more natural and not just control Miru and that's it... which was pretty bad for ntr content).

Reactions: mommysboiii

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

I respectfully disagree.

The old Miru looks like what the western stereotype of what Asians should look like.

The new Miru looks like an actual Asian.

I'm Asian, so I'd like to think that I should know.

But of course, this is all subjective.

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
I respectfully disagree.

The old Miru looks like what the western stereotype of what Asians should look like.

The new Miru looks like an actual Asian.

I'm Asian, so I'd like to think that I should know.

But of course, this is all subjective.
I mean I'm Asian too, and I think it's the other way around.

At least old Miru looks like a Korean/Japanese idol.

New Miru looks too "western". Her new appearance have many traits regular Asians don't even possess.

Why does she have different colored eyes? Is that blue?
Why are her eyes too big?
Why does she even have freckles.

These are all traits not inherent or common for an Asian.

Yes there are some like this, but that's uncommon.

If we're going for an Asian look here, then the old model would be "Asian"er, without the traits a westerner would have.

You could argue the new looks exists on some Asians, maybe in the southeasterns, but Miru is a Japanese name, so if we are going by who looks more Japanese, then the old one is.

Yes it looks like your stereotypical Asian girl model who cosplays or loves anime and shit, but at least you know it's Asian in first look.

The new one you won't be able to tell unless you're told she's Asian. Especially with those freckles.

Last edited:

Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020
I mean I'm Asian too, and I think it's the other way around.

At least old Miru looks like a Korean/Japanese idol.

New Miru looks to "western".
And why does she even have freckles. Have you even seen an Asian with freckles?

Maybe some do, but that's extremely rare and we're going for an Asian look here, so old model was "Asianer".
New Miru is half Asian.

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes