4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I probably missed it somewhere in the 74 pages of comments, but will the original game ever be finished? Chapter 6 ends on a cliffhanger with a lot of unanswered questions (and unfulfilled conquests). Or do we have to wait several years until the remake catches up before the story continues?

I also find it a bit funny that Ocean credits a proofreader for the original game when there are SO many misspellings and grammar issues...

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I probably missed it somewhere in the 74 pages of comments, but will the original game ever be finished? Chapter 6 ends on a cliffhanger with a lot of unanswered questions (and unfulfilled conquests). Or do we have to wait several years until the remake catches up before the story continues?

I also find it a bit funny that Ocean credits a proofreader for the original game when there are SO many misspellings and grammar issues...
It would not make sense to spend time on the original, especially if you read Ocean's comments on why he's reworking everything to begin with. Some elements from the original are implemented or will be implemented into the rework, but it really will be a totally new game/VN.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Hmm. A feedback from 0.6: Rephrase how ntr was described at the ntr on/off choice at the start. It seems like ntr scenes are only in choices & can be entirely avoided, but unavoidable dialogue will also be changed based on the ntr setting. Try to express that during the ntr toggle choice at the beginning if the rework has the same feature (ntr flag changes unavoidable default text).
Good luck on the rework(y)

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Where It All Began [Rework v0.1beta] [Oceanlab] [OS@821MB, IQO-VBO-ACO, MyRepack]

Made this for personal use.

Original size: 821MB
MyRepack size: 442MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you want to try out MyMod (aka modified scripts) only but already have the EGame, you can download it below... and remember to make a backup 1st in case you want to play with original scripts again.

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :alien:

Last edited:

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
It would not make sense to spend time on the original, especially if you read Ocean's comments on why he's reworking everything to begin with. Some elements from the original are implemented or will be implemented into the rework, but it really will be a totally new game/VN.
That wont apply unless the original gets posted. Preferably in compressed form.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
Honestly... this AVN still needs some work. Some grammar mistakes here and there, dialogue is a bit lacking, but overall it's a good AVN. Especially for a first chapter. Not the best, but one of the better ones on this site. Dialogue is nowhere near the level of Summer's Gone, but it's good in its own right. It serves its purpose. I am eager to see where Ocean takes us in this AVN. I'm also eager to see the connection between the characters here, and the characters in Summer's Gone. I think anyone able to create an AVN of this level is brilliant already, and I cannot act like this project is inexpensive.

I'm not at all interested in lewd scenes, but learning from what COBD and BADIK did is not that bad of an idea. Perhaps giving the players more of an interactive role in the scenes? Allowing them to choose which positions and actions to do, allowing them to choose the pace at which they're going, things like that. I'm not expecting something on the level of BADIK and COBD, in fact, I can care less about the lewd scenes, but I think others would be more appreciative of them if they were allowed such luxuries. All in all, a good AVN. I'm very eager to see where Ocean plans on taking this in the future...

CitDCypher

Jul 26, 2017
Oceanlab A question regarding the incest content of this game. Is it similar to what we have in SG? Where it is in there but is completely avoidable without hurting the story. Where incest is a possibility but not by any means necessary to progress. Or is it inherently an incest-themed story where playing the game without an i-patch is nonsensical. Blood-related incest (mom, sister, daughter...etc.) is just not my type of deal. I just became a patron on SG and found out that I'll get access to the final releases of this game on my Tier. So I just wanted to know if a download would be worth it.

Klaes Ashford

Jun 4, 2020
fuuuuuck. Miru is insanely hot now. Pierced nipples and looks SOOO much like Ana de Armas. How am I supposed to leave that kind of perfection?

NovaPrime

May 21, 2018

Forget about old one.
It's gone turned to dust
In easy language you have to wait for remake to make any progress on previous 0.6 if any at all is made instead of another remake.

Reactions: imaginatus

NovaPrime

May 21, 2018
Yes, the camping trip is one of the only things I kept. (The actual stuff that happens there completely changed though. Much longer and more thought put into it.)

I still have PTSD from when I first did the camping trip with my old baby PC and I had like 1 FPS and 15-20sec screen freezes every time I made a change to the scene.

Let me quote something I said in my Patreon posts: "An important fact is, that work doesn't always end up in content. I spent a lot of my time learning and improving. I vastly improved my Zbrush skillset to the point where I started to use it in animations."

All the player sees is the actual content in the game and I don't blame the person for judging me solely on that.
But keep in mind there's much more to it. (Which I sometimes show in my posts.)

Also, if you take the last 12 months into account. I worked on SG Chapter 3 (1800 stills, 10000 ani renders) and Chapter 3.5 (1550 renders, 5000 ani renders), and now WiAB Ch1 (750 renders, 14000 ani renders.)

And I said more than once that Chapter 1 is going to be short and it does not nearly justify the amount it took to be developed.
But this wasn't due to a lack of "work being done" and you can read more about it in this POST.
See problem solved you improved your skills on those for 6 to 8 months and got us chapter 1 in 4 months of work that's fine but when you lump that learning process into "working on game" that's where the problem rises.

Reactions: imaginatus

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Honestly... this AVN still needs some work. Some grammar mistakes here and there, dialogue is a bit lacking, but overall it's a good AVN. Especially for a first chapter. Not the best, but one of the better ones on this site. Dialogue is nowhere near the level of Summer's Gone, but it's good in its own right. It serves its purpose. I am eager to see where Ocean takes us in this AVN. I'm also eager to see the connection between the characters here, and the characters in Summer's Gone. I think anyone able to create an AVN of this level is brilliant already, and I cannot act like this project is inexpensive.

I'm not at all interested in lewd scenes, but learning from what COBD and BADIK did is not that bad of an idea. Perhaps giving the players more of an interactive role in the scenes? Allowing them to choose which positions and actions to do, allowing them to choose the pace at which they're going, things like that. I'm not expecting something on the level of BADIK and COBD, in fact, I can care less about the lewd scenes, but I think others would be more appreciative of them if they were allowed such luxuries. All in all, a good AVN. I'm very eager to see where Ocean plans on taking this in the future...
Ocean did mention that this was his first serious attempt at animating lewd scenes after a long time and was trying things out with his new learned skills.

I'm not at all interested in lewd scenes either........okay that was a big fat lie...and I'm still nowhere near figuring you out.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
See problem solved you improved your skills on those for 6 to 8 months and got us chapter 1 in 4 months of work that's fine but when you lump that learning process into "working on game" that's where the problem rises.
Your whole statement doesn't make sense mate....you seemed to be fine at first and then you aren't....

Let me access this one....you aren't okay with how the dev used those times for learning new skills and bettering his old ones so he could make a better game with much better experience for the players....right ?...no no no...that's not it...apparently you're not happy that "the dev lumped that learning process into 'working on game time'....thus problem arises" ..right ?

That sounds like a you problem.....still...

The dev is not here to please everyone and grant wishes for the players , he is producing something he loves , the ones who love his work and want it to go on support his work...if they aren't happy with the work they can simply revoke their membership and be done with it.

Based on your criticism , you are taking the last 12 months into account , in the last 12 months he cooked more than 4 thousand renders...without including animation renders (which is like a whole lot more)....of course , of both of his games.

He didn't "lump" learning process into "working on game"..... The dev wanted to improve his skills and collect new ones for better development , you can't just expect someone to stop what they're doing just because it wasn't to your liking especially when it's something that his future depends on and benefits a lot of people (us).

He has planned to make a living out of this , so it was only natural for him to learn more about this and grasp most of it while also not trying to get it in the way of developing Summer's Gone and the ch1. At last , I'm happy with how things are right now , I don't whine , I take what I can get when I'm given and I'm thankful for it.

This dev is reasonable and the time taken for him to get to this point are well spent and worth every second , you wouldn't know because you keep your head in a box filled with your own needs and judgements without considering the external variables ...just try to keep an open mind , eh ?

gojira667

Sep 9, 2019
incest patch not working someone mind uploading a new one?;D
I had downloaded the .rpy file rather then the .rar, but I uploaded it as a zip as well.

ANONFILE //
TRANSFER.SH //

SHA256:
61b30d408583991fd69f3dec694e154cb652471e663328ad9c8482c9021ab5db 1534786_Patch.zip
103a9fa133a269653f55ce5c5aa3baa051dec4449061cf73602a706696e3563a 1534786_Patch.rpy

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandon's Gaming

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Rework looks fantastic, the new MC looks like a Greek God lol but it's chilled at least he doesn't look vanilla like most MCs.. Im digging the tats and the Heterochromia, makes him look unique. The hair could be shorter, maybe like the MC from Fallen Roads perhaps but that's just my 2 cents.
Overall the new character models and animations looks fantastic,Miru in particular looks so much better now. A new character was added as well, MCs friend(ngl I forgot her name) shes cute and she obviously has a thing for the MC but it makes me wonder if she's an Li seeing that MC will be away from her for most of the game I'd assume.

My question tho, will the release time for updates be the same as Summers gone? I hope not cause it takes almost a year for SG to be updated but alas can't rush perfection.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes