4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Brother, even though the old version lacked some certain level of depth to the story, as well as the characters, it deserved at least three stars, wouldn't you agree ?
I'm with you in thinking it deserved at least 3 stars. It was still enjoyable. The story was interesting and the sexy time was pretty hot. I don't remember there being any bugs when I played it.

• Hey there
Reactions: Ahx

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Brother, even though the old version lacked some certain level of depth to the story, as well as the characters, it deserved at least three stars, wouldn't you agree ?
The reason why Where it All Began is so hard to rate it is because it it like this drawing of a horse.

1641923186739.png

I know. Usually this meme is the other way around, but to illustrate how different the beginning of the game was originally compared to what it ended up being it bears alteration. Now if it was the other way around it could be understandable that people would tank it with one star out of disappointment. But it wasn't. It started out insepid, became mediocre, and then transendant. Nobody knows what to do with a game like this. Do you honestly point out its initial flaws or grade on a curve because it showed improvement? I know that 3 stars sounds reasonable to me but others may feel differently. What complicates things for me is that it remains eternally unfinished so I will never know where it was all going. All I know is that I am encouraged to see what the dev does going forward as they are obviously dedicated to refining and improving their craft.

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Damn that was way to short for a game of that quality.
With game like this or like Beign a Dik i 'cant play a lot of game here anymore, too much reused model or "i moved with a friend of my dead mother and she live with her 3 hot daughters"
Ya, got to the end after like 25-35 mins and it said save and I was like no way, lol. Render quality was great, and Ocean did a nice job with the sex animations - those are animations that are actually worth the rendering time.

Is the MC the same face model of the one in "Leap of Faith"?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Dude that's messed up...
Not much of a description:

Overview:
After a traumatic experience, a young spirit tries to find its way back into life. College is about to start and mysteries are about to unfold.

...and...it doesn't really touch on my kinks. Maybe a couple.

• Angry
Reactions: Laehtsia

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
It's not like WIAB has one better...

Overview:
Years have passed. Things have changed. After a surprising call from your twin sister, you decide to head home to see what the hell is going on. And you certainly didn't expect that.

Edit :...Ooh...the twin sister...I see...
well we have that cute redhead nami in SG if that the reason :BootyTime:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's not like WIAB has one better...

Overview:
Years have passed. Things have changed. After a surprising call from your twin sister, you decide to head home to see what the hell is going on. And you certainly didn't expect that.

Edit :...Ooh...the twin sister...I see...
lol nothing to do with twins. Just seems a bit vanilla.

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
well we have that cute redhead nami in SG if that the reason :BootyTime:
You know how the saying goes... "Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead"...don't need that as my fucking reason to play Summer's Gone...that red head is my fucking right, ya hear me ? ...good.

xinkala

Bonk
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2020
You know how the saying goes... "Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead"...don't need that as my fucking reason to play Summer's Gone...that red head is my fucking right, ya hear me ? ...good.
Hey! i love that redhead to! i just mentioned her cuz i thought it was about incest part

• Hey there
Sep 3, 2020
oh I definitely agree brother

but I haven't played the original in a long time

when I found out it was going to be reworked

I didn't see the point in playing the older version

so I focused all my attention on summer's gone

but now that the rework is here I'm waiting for a few more chapters and I plan to play it every week like I do with summer's gone

• Hey there

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
You know how the saying goes... "Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead"...
Once?
Damn, was I an overachiever on that rule. Started with my first crush, and (sort of) ended with my wife. I mean; I still meet gorgeous gingers, but since I'm not the mc in a vn I stick with the one at home :)

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020

Unlocked
Chapter 2 - Dev Log #3
Hello,

So, I'm about 280 renders in.
As many of you know, I'm doing Half-Chapters for Summer's Gone. Not because I want smaller updates (They're bigger than my old full chapters) but because I need more "space" between the season 1 finale and the current stand.
Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to fit all the character development in.

There's a chance that I will be doing the same for WiAB. I'm not sure yet as I'm currently writing an advanced Chapter and I have no idea if I can fit all the stuff in 9 Chapters.
Anyways, good daily progress is being made.

In the last Log, I mentioned that I would be previewing another reworked character.
This one's Scarlet.
She was also one of those poor souls that were more of a meme than a real character.
The horny milf cliche.

Visually, I changed her quite a bit and she's more on par with Helen now. (Old Scarlet was more of a granny.)
Personality-wise there's also quite a change. I kept a certain part of her old self but now that there's an actual story behind it, she behaves in a much different way.
The storyline between her, Lucas, and Katarina has become a really important part of the game.
Her looks are now much more fitting to her lifestyle and her connection to Joe.

Here's the old Scarlet from Chapter 2, 3, and 6. (All images as High res attached.)
1641997239197.png
Chapter 3
1641997254923.png
Chapter 6
1641997271088.png
While I don't really dislike Ch6 Scarlet that much, Chapter 2 and 3 is just horrible.
Let's get to the new one.
1641997285625.png
1641997302749.png
The goal with her was to make her look "old" and "young" at the same time.
As mentioned above, I tried to make her and Helen look more alike.
1641997315108.png
At least in terms of age.

1641997328049.png
So yeah, that's the new Scarlet.
New looks and now an actual person with depth.

The next Log will be on the 26th and there I'll be previewing two changed characters again.
And one of them is someone many have been waiting for. (Was previewed before though.)

Take care!
- Ocean

Sep 3, 2020

Unlocked
Chapter 2 - Dev Log #3
Hello,

So, I'm about 280 renders in.
As many of you know, I'm doing Half-Chapters for Summer's Gone. Not because I want smaller updates (They're bigger than my old full chapters) but because I need more "space" between the season 1 finale and the current stand.
Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to fit all the character development in.

There's a chance that I will be doing the same for WiAB. I'm not sure yet as I'm currently writing an advanced Chapter and I have no idea if I can fit all the stuff in 9 Chapters.
Anyways, good daily progress is being made.

In the last Log, I mentioned that I would be previewing another reworked character.
This one's Scarlet.
She was also one of those poor souls that were more of a meme than a real character.
The horny milf cliche.

Visually, I changed her quite a bit and she's more on par with Helen now. (Old Scarlet was more of a granny.)
Personality-wise there's also quite a change. I kept a certain part of her old self but now that there's an actual story behind it, she behaves in a much different way.
The storyline between her, Lucas, and Katarina has become a really important part of the game.
Her looks are now much more fitting to her lifestyle and her connection to Joe.

Here's the old Scarlet from Chapter 2, 3, and 6. (All images as High res attached.)
View attachment 1592819
Chapter 3
View attachment 1592820
Chapter 6
View attachment 1592822
While I don't really dislike Ch6 Scarlet that much, Chapter 2 and 3 is just horrible.
Let's get to the new one.
View attachment 1592823
View attachment 1592825
The goal with her was to make her look "old" and "young" at the same time.
As mentioned above, I tried to make her and Helen look more alike.
View attachment 1592826
At least in terms of age.

View attachment 1592827
So yeah, that's the new Scarlet.
New looks and now an actual person with depth.

The next Log will be on the 26th and there I'll be previewing two changed characters again.
And one of them is someone many have been waiting for. (Was previewed before though.)

Take care!
- Ocean
she used to be one of the most ugliest characters

she used to look like the witch from Coraline

now she looks like a goddess

the fuck
:oops:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
She simply can't beat Helen. Let Joe have her while my MC take care of Helen in one of my saves.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes