4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
So how far along in the revamp compared to the old?
Has the story progressed further than what the original had or is it going to be some time before it's reached that point?
It hasn't and it will be a loooooong while until that point is reached again.

But if you become a patreon, updates will come out faster! For sure!

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
heh...well, my definition of harem-cest is when the MC is able to bang mom, older sister, younger sister, maternal aunt, paternal niece, grandmother, and third cousin on the uncle's side without any of the females ever having an issue with said arrangement.
Oh! you mean those boring kil*er7 games? then i agree

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Oh! you mean those boring killer7 games? then i agree
Don't get me started...but do read my review on one of those. oof. I won't say anymore as it's off topic in this thread.

But back to WiaB. Even in 0.6, we did not see much progress with MC and "landlady". I feel like that would be far off in this revamped version, as well.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Not sure about that I have done many walk and talk in my life and rarely do I ever get the feeling that the background is getting so much blurry unless of course if I was in a fast moving vehicle,and this blurry background renders happens in still scenes too where characters are just sitting around.
Well, the static images are supposed to represent life experiences so it is highlighted.

But your sight does focus on and blurry in a similar way. Put a finger in front of view. Focus on the finger, then focus on the background. You will see how the blurry changes. What you are not focusing on, will be blurry.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I don’t think we’ll see the stuff with Helen at all in this version.

(because the story will never reach that point)

Jun 2, 2022
Not sure about that I have done many walk and talk in my life and rarely do I ever get the feeling that the background is getting so much blurry unless of course if I was in a fast moving vehicle,and this blurry background renders happens in still scenes too where characters are just sitting around.
Hold your finger up against a background 30 feet away. Focus on your finger and background will be blurry. Focus on the background and your finger will be blurry. It's called depth of field. Cameras have it, too; it's a fact of life of any optical system. Just as computer games will have lens flare effects even though no lenses are involved, it's no surprise to see other camera artifacts used in renders for artistic purposes.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
People were complaining about the introductions of many characters...but think about it. You go back home for the first time in years...yeah, a lot of your family might show up for that. I dunno. I come from a huge family. I know my parent's cousins and their parents even. And what this does, story-wise, is open up a lot of opportunities, later.
But that is part of the problem. I had never played this 'original' version. I had no idea through the first 75% of this game that they were even related. It sounded more like MC escaped a cult to be honest. You can probably blame that on the patreon censorship, but something should definitely be added in the beginning to allow the player to define the relationships to skirt those rules. Until I came to this thread and read that they were family then it all clicked. For a new player, the way the game is structured right now, it feels like you are dropped into some random stranger's high school reunion with no knowledge of even how to relate to what the MC is supposed to be feeling.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
But that is part of the problem. I had never played this 'original' version. I had no idea through the first 75% of this game that they were even related. It sounded more like MC escaped a cult to be honest. You can probably blame that on the patreon censorship, but something should definitely be added in the beginning to allow the player to define the relationships to skirt those rules. Until I came to this thread and read that they were family then it all clicked. For a new player, the way the game is structured right now, it feels like you are dropped into some random stranger's high school reunion with no knowledge of even how to relate to what the MC is supposed to be feeling.
I think even without the family relationships, the game explains that MC has known all these people for a long time and were all very close. I supposed we all may interpret things differently, but that seemed very apparent to me.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
A lot of time.

But there will be more depth, and less width.
I assume the relationship with the twin sister is different from the original?
I still haven't tried the new version yet.

Was fine with the sister but my only complaint was she wanted to be exclusive before going any further but i see there isn't a Harem tag and can't remember if there was one before.

When i see a Pregnancy tag and Harem i make it a goal to see if i can impregnate them all and then i play through again and pick the one i like, don't know why but i do.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I assume the relationship with the twin sister is different from the original?
I still haven't tried the new version yet.

Was fine with the sister but my only complaint was she wanted to be exclusive before going any further but i see there isn't a Harem tag and can't remember if there was one before.

When i see a Pregnancy tag and Harem i make it a goal to see if i can impregnate them all and then i play through again and pick the one i like, don't know why but i do.
If you are going to play this game for those reasons, you will be very disappointed.

The focus is on story, realistic characters and plot. Not on fetishes.

BubblesTheAllMighty

Sep 22, 2020
If you are going to play this game for those reasons, you will be very disappointed.

The focus is on story, realistic characters and plot. Not on fetishes.
Well if the story/plot is that good then no i won't be disappointed.
Been a few of those where i came for the content, stayed for the story.

This is probably the only game i played where i actually liked the dad who has/had the rough asshole look but is actually caring and has your back and felt real, at least in the original.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well if the story/plot is that good then no i won't be disappointed.
Been a few of those where i came for the content, stayed for the story.

This is probably the only game i played where i actually liked the dad who has/had the rough asshole look but is actually caring and has your back and felt real, at least in the original.
Agree! I like Dylan a lot too.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I think even without the family relationships, the game explains that MC has known all these people for a long time and were all very close. I supposed we all may interpret things differently, but that seemed very apparent to me.
Definitely didn't to me. Everyone hated the MC. The game doesn't let the player in on the vast amount of knowledge the MC has. Sure everyone must have been close at some point but things clearly went wrong. Why would anyone ever go back to that? If there had been any contextual clues that these were family, then it would have been different. Throw in the 'landlady' *wink wink* title at least. As much I thought I hated that, at least it gave the reader some idea about the sort of relationship we should be expecting between the characters.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Guess the /s was missing. Guy is in an ever-ongoing process of upgrading his hardware, but is only getting slower. Two patreon accounts, too. There's some smoke, but nothing's burning, yet.
I don't disagree...

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Agree! I like Dylan a lot too.
Same here ; quite the surprise when I first met the character. I thought we were going to have the a-hole archetype but he's a great guy to have around. Even with NTR!Miru in the original, he actually talked to her and reasonned with her (hell even when taking a shit, he's supportive).
I'm sure we'll see his flaws in some backstory in the rework too but if we can support him and help him, I'm all about it.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes