4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021

Unlocked
Chapter 3 - Dev Log #13
Hello,

Sooo...
In the last SG Dev Log, I talked about the Workstation I wanted to get for both games.
I didn't get the loan, and all they told me was that it's probably because I moved and stuff...
And for transparency... I saw some speculation about the price of the Workstation. And to give you, the supporter, a better idea of the price and what I'm willing to invest in the future of the games.
It has two A6000 Ada and a Threadripper PRO WX5995 in it. (And the ability to house four A6000 Ada's on 100%.)
Alone the two A6000s come at around 10,000€ each.
So, I contacted my house bank to see if they would give me one, and they were ecstatic and said "Sure my boy!"
And well... I now found out why I didn't get it in the first place.
People that have been following me for a while might remember me bitching about my old tax office and the huge problems and sleepless nights they caused me...
And it's their fault again.
It's because they haven't submitted my 2021 tax papers yet. (The deadline is in two months.)
And my house bank and every other bank need said papers to get it approved. They can't do it any other way.
The old tax shits have all the papers since January 2022 and still haven't finished it, and it's blocking me from getting anything financed.
It doesn't matter how much money I have in my account or anything. Because I'm a business owner, only my annual financial statements are important.
And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even get the loan with my 2021 finances. (I had A LOT less support than I have now and made my first big upgrades, which lower the profit a lot.)
And I'm sure hell's frozen over before I get to see my 2022 annual financial statements.
The only way for me to ever finance the Workstation in the next year is through the SG Steam release.
Please spread the word about it, and wishlist it even if you don't want to buy it just to push some numbers.
WiAB depends on the success of SG's Steam release almost more than SG itself.
My current tax office (2023) is amazing... But I can't believe these old shits are still haunting me.

But besides that... Everything's going great. I have sent a new contract to late Kids (For "Run" and "Some Days" but haven't received an answer yet. (Besides them saying "Sure! Send over the contract!")

Progress is amazing, I'm now actively rendering the last WiAB scene. It's a big boy, and considering that I still have to do postwork, I'd say WiAB is 85% done.
I also mentioned in the SG Log, that I'm now limiting future previews to 2 per Dev Log.

Previews: 4k attached
"Yo Mon!"

"Me, Ma Girl, and Miru."

(Yes, the last scene begins in a bar and it has nothing to do with the old CH3 bar scenes.)

I think WiAB and SG will be finished more or less at the same time again. (SG is at around 80%)
I do plan on releasing WiAB Ch3 first, just because I then have some time to do the last part of SG's Chapter 2's rework.

Anyways, both games are about to reach their development climax.
I'll see you in the next log at 90%+.

- Ocean
It’s been a while. Is that „left on the table“-Monica, the policewoman? Is she a LI? :unsure: :whistle:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: NebulousShooter

omgx123

Apr 13, 2020

Unlocked
Chapter 3 - Dev Log #13
Hello,

Sooo...
In the last SG Dev Log, I talked about the Workstation I wanted to get for both games.
I didn't get the loan, and all they told me was that it's probably because I moved and stuff...
And for transparency... I saw some speculation about the price of the Workstation. And to give you, the supporter, a better idea of the price and what I'm willing to invest in the future of the games.
It has two A6000 Ada and a Threadripper PRO WX5995 in it. (And the ability to house four A6000 Ada's on 100%.)
Alone the two A6000s come at around 10,000€ each.
So, I contacted my house bank to see if they would give me one, and they were ecstatic and said "Sure my boy!"
And well... I now found out why I didn't get it in the first place.
People that have been following me for a while might remember me bitching about my old tax office and the huge problems and sleepless nights they caused me...
And it's their fault again.
It's because they haven't submitted my 2021 tax papers yet. (The deadline is in two months.)
And my house bank and every other bank need said papers to get it approved. They can't do it any other way.
The old tax shits have all the papers since January 2022 and still haven't finished it, and it's blocking me from getting anything financed.
It doesn't matter how much money I have in my account or anything. Because I'm a business owner, only my annual financial statements are important.
And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even get the loan with my 2021 finances. (I had A LOT less support than I have now and made my first big upgrades, which lower the profit a lot.)
And I'm sure hell's frozen over before I get to see my 2022 annual financial statements.
The only way for me to ever finance the Workstation in the next year is through the SG Steam release.
Please spread the word about it, and wishlist it even if you don't want to buy it just to push some numbers.
WiAB depends on the success of SG's Steam release almost more than SG itself.
My current tax office (2023) is amazing... But I can't believe these old shits are still haunting me.

But besides that... Everything's going great. I have sent a new contract to late Kids (For "Run" and "Some Days" but haven't received an answer yet. (Besides them saying "Sure! Send over the contract!")

Progress is amazing, I'm now actively rendering the last WiAB scene. It's a big boy, and considering that I still have to do postwork, I'd say WiAB is 85% done.
I also mentioned in the SG Log, that I'm now limiting future previews to 2 per Dev Log.

Previews: 4k attached
"Yo Mon!"

"Me, Ma Girl, and Miru."

(Yes, the last scene begins in a bar and it has nothing to do with the old CH3 bar scenes.)

I think WiAB and SG will be finished more or less at the same time again. (SG is at around 80%)
I do plan on releasing WiAB Ch3 first, just because I then have some time to do the last part of SG's Chapter 2's rework.

Anyways, both games are about to reach their development climax.
I'll see you in the next log at 90%+.

- Ocean

10,000 Euros for each of these cards?!
That must be a mistake since both cards would be 10k, not 1.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I guess that's one way to sell a game.
I've only supported WiaB once. I'd support regularly if there were more frequent updates, but with him saying it depends on the success of a game I really don't care for... that just doesn't give me any confidence to support any of his games. I think it's bad marketing, to be honest. But we'll see.

Add to that... he seems to spend thousands on equipment/hardware and music licenses... but this... this is what breaks the bank?

Deleted member 327695

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
No, 5000 €. Example:
As Kassandra already said, that's not an A6000 ADA.

And sadly they're much more expensive in Europe. (Nvidia lists them at 6800$ in the US. No way you'll get one below 9k-10k€ here.)
They also never really drop in price. The old one stayed consistent since it was released.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
I've only supported WiaB once. I'd support regularly if there were more frequent updates, but with him saying it depends on the success of a game I really don't care for... that just doesn't give me any confidence to support any of his games. I think it's bad marketing, to be honest. But we'll see.

Add to that... he seems to spend thousands on equipment/hardware and music licenses... but this... this is what breaks the bank?
You may like his games more or less but I think it's clear that SG is going to be a success on Steam, coomers see beautiful renders and you already have them in the palms of your hands. and although ocean renders and models are not my favs at all, I must admit that his work is one of the best on the market right now. if this game ends up abandoned I don't think it's because SG did badly on steam. if it ends up abandoned it is because of the dev's ambitions to make so many chapters.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
They also never really drop in price. The old one stayed consistent since it was released.
You should manage your money better then. Get what's really important first and deal with the rest afterwards. You could also see if someone could just get you it in the US and send it to you or something. You pay them back, of course.

Anyways, I said what I had to. Let's see what you end up doing.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
As Kassandra already said, that's not an A6000 ADA.

And sadly they're much more expensive in Europe. (Nvidia lists them at 6800$ in the US. No way you'll get one below 9k-10k€ here.)
Hey Ocean,

I'm not going to give you advice from my comfortable armchair; such advice from me would be cheap and meaningless. I just appreciate your dedication. And I'll support SG via Steam, already wishlisted.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So depressing to see the original game being dependent on the success of what was his friend's creation. I'd like to think SG will be successful, but some games have been pulled from steam for dumb reasons. This game just seems to stay behind the 8 ball since the remake announcement/pause.
This is crazy. It's just crazy what reasons people find for being depressed. More advanced, developed, widely known and better suited to a more diverse audience at the moment, the game is about to become a locomotive for the further development of both projects. Fuckin' both of them! REEEEE, this is not good, the firstborn should go first. Because? Because otherwise I feel depressed. Yeah! And, and it was his friend's creation! Gracefully ignores the fact that this is Ocean's story and little was left of the "friend's creation". Like almost nothing. I would have to fill the entire page with quotes to show the reasons for such a decision, which the Dev gave in devlogs and in separate posts. Anyone who is interested in these games and what is happening around them can find it themselves. And even with much softer content in SG and rounded edges after the remake, doubts remain that the game can be considered inappropriate and blocked for some regions on Steam. I think this is one of the reasons why SG Season 1 still hasn't answered the classic SG thread question: "sex when?"

4.30 star(s) 186 Votes