4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

N1ghtcrawler

May 29, 2023
Bella I mean Katie.
I'm never coming back to this thread again.

Omg, what a shitty game.

No wonder it will be abandoned within a year. kkkkkkkkkkk

Jokes aside, Katie is amazing. What's funny to me is that unlike Nami, Katie is completely helpless against her brother. At least until it comes to serious conversations, William simply destroys her with trolling and jokes. I can remember only one scene in front of the TV when she was able to take revenge on him.

As with Leia, I love their relationship.
Katie because of humour, Leia because of toxicity.
They create the perfect balance.
Fuck! :mad:
Where is this healing post from DD?
Oh, there it is.

Last edited:

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Everytime Maviarab starts talking about how WiAB was always better than SG just post some old screenshots. He'll crawl back under Katie's skirt in no time.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: N1ghtcrawler

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Ocean says they are doing 5 games in this universe, my question is where do these games place in the number chart. The other 3 games don't have to be large can be like 3-4 seasons. Also how long is WIAB Events supposed to be a year, two or is there going to be a time skip...hope not.
EX
1. Story follows the impact on the family and friends after William leaves.
2.WIAB(Where it all begans)
3.Events after WIAB
4.Summers Gone
5.After College

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
when is the update coming?
Never.
Ocean says they are doing 5 games in this universe, my question is where do these games place in the number chart. The other 3 games don't have to be large can be like 3-4 seasons. Also how long is WIAB Events supposed to be a year, two or is there going to be a time skip...hope not.
EX
3.Events after WIAB
4.Summers Gone
5.After College
I'm not sure it's ever been explained by Ocean. I could have missed something though.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
And thanks to SG, the game has now been noticed by people on Steam, already about 250 followers.
And people who found WiAB through SG on Steam are positive about buying it.
Yeah who would have thought that all these whiners and their predictions for ocean's doom are just talking out of their asses ..

Steam sales are good, patreon numbers are good. You could even come to the conclusion that the opinions of haters on f95 (who never support a dev anyway ..) isnt the deciding factor for success :oops:

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
EX
3.Events after WIAB
4.Summers Gone
5.After College
The order that Ocean had in 2020 was WiaB, PLF (intelligent female protagonist game, starts a little before WiaB, but is mostly between WiaB and SG), SG, BTW and IOL. IOL was the end of the series. Not a huge amount known, other than about PLF.

But Ocean's not going to do much other than daydream about those until he's closer to finishing these two in any regards. After all, he's mostly kept them under wraps, because there's enough work on the current two.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
EX
3.Events after WIAB
4.Summers Gone
5.After College
1- before wiab
2- wiab 4-parallel game to wiab
3- sg 5- iol parallel to sg
Srry but i dont remember which acronym was used for the prequel to wiab and the parallel to wiab.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
1- before wiab
2- wiab 4-parallel game to wiab
3- sg 5- iol parallel to sg
Srry but i dont remember which acronym was used for the prequel to wiab and the parallel to wiab.
Details are old, but this is what I've been getting my info from, as well as discussions with you. I'm sure things have changed a bit, as Ocean basically found his aesthetic after these posts (ie these are pre-rework statements on the whole), so everything needs to be seasoned with a lot of salt. I think some things like the description of BTW will have changed - I don't think older, wiser Ocean will even toy with that concept, unless it is a major part of the plot. If he said "kill me if I do x" then, he's probably, "kill me if I do x, then travel back to the past and kill my parents before I'm born if I do x" now.

I think PLF is the most advanced in a story sense, because of the timeline, while the other two will probably be flexible to develop from the outcomes of the published games - ie these snippets of info were before Ch6 WiaB, and the story has developed differently since then.

Here's an old list

Reactions: sorco2003

Ohvidente

Formerly 'Why call me a troll?'
Feb 20, 2024
EX
3.Events after WIAB
4.Summers Gone
5.After College
It took him 5 years to finish a season in SG, it's easier for our grandchildren to play these games than us!

Reactions: hawk784563

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
It took him 5 years to finish a season in SG, it's easier for our grandchildren to play these games than us!
How many times are you going to say this? We get it already. We know your posts in both threads on this. In five years will you have new quips, or will you rework your barbs?

More importantly: we'll see an update to WiaB this year, and a steam release. Sure there will be unforeseen delays, but it's moving forward. Even if you're cynical and you enjoy being cynical, why not find other games while you wait to be proven (or disproven) right? Without a patreon for WiaB, Ocean has to get WiaB financially secure as quickly as possible, he has massive incentive to get updates out now. Success on steam for SG relies on doing a successful 18+ release for S2, and WiaB is the best canidate for Ocean to learn how to do that and all the potential pitfalls.

If you actually enjoy WiaB and want to see it have a full 18+ release (which will happen faster than SG as it has about half the total number of chapters planned (because of fewer LI's), why not just wait to see if OCean achieves it rather than taking every opportunity to undermine it?

Ohvidente

Formerly 'Why call me a troll?'
Feb 20, 2024
How many times are you going to say this? We get it already. We know your posts in both threads on this. In five years will you have new quips, or will you rework your barbs?

More importantly: we'll see an update to WiaB this year, and a steam release. Sure there will be unforeseen delays, but it's moving forward. Even if you're cynical and you enjoy being cynical, why not find other games while you wait to be proven (or disproven) right? Without a patreon for WiaB, Ocean has to get WiaB financially secure as quickly as possible, he has massive incentive to get updates out now. Success on steam for SG relies on doing a successful 18+ release for S2, and WiaB is the best canidate for Ocean to learn how to do that and all the potential pitfalls.

If you actually enjoy WiaB and want to see it have a full 18+ release (which will happen faster than SG as it has about half the total number of chapters planned (because of fewer LI's), why not just wait to see if OCean achieves it rather than taking every opportunity to undermine it?
But I'm not undermining him lol, I just told the truth, anyway, I'm not going to extend this, I'll see you in 2025 since WIAB won't come out until the end of the year or not.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Details are old, but this is what I've been getting my info from, as well as discussions with you. I'm sure things have changed a bit, as Ocean basically found his aesthetic after these posts (ie these are pre-rework statements on the whole), so everything needs to be seasoned with a lot of salt. I think some things like the description of BTW will have changed - I don't think older, wiser Ocean will even toy with that concept, unless it is a major part of the plot. If he said "kill me if I do x" then, he's probably, "kill me if I do x, then travel back to the past and kill my parents before I'm born if I do x" now.

I think PLF is the most advanced in a story sense, because of the timeline, while the other two will probably be flexible to develop from the outcomes of the published games - ie these snippets of info were before Ch6 WiaB, and the story has developed differently since then.

Here's an old list
The order was told to me by Ocean not long ago when I asked him about calling wiab a prequel to sg or not calling it that. In general what changed is that now it is just that and I remember that in discord Ocean had said that the female protagonist game was no longer in plans (not that he abandoned the idea of the game but the protagonist being a woman), but the latter is no longer checkable given the purge and my memory is not so reliable.

Finally, before the big purge on discord he replied that he had the idea of a short game that he didn't even think would be part of zaneverse (renamed now oceanverse).

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes