4.30 star(s) 185 Votes

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
miru broke with me and now I am free. But I'm assaulted by a doubt, now that she's not my girlfriend anymore, if she fucks anybody, it's not ntr anymore, right?
And if she is pregnant she can no longer charge the child to the mc

• Haha
Reactions: Attatta

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Can anyone speculate as to why he isn't making more $$$ on patreon? The render quality is great, lots of paths to choose from, also has NTR content. Why is he only making $500.00 a month after seven months? His thread here is pretty popular with 75 pages and 25 positive reviews.

Reactions: Ceesko

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
latest patreon post:

Hey,

1. I fixed a bug I never knew I had.
2. Previews.
3. Est. release date

1. Bug fix.

From the day I made my first render till last week I was plagued by a certain "glitch".
Take a look at her shoulders/upper arm.

They have a massive gap between them and this weird thing always happened when I tried to move the arm closer to the body.
Another example

On renders were people walked, I had to move their arms away from the body (you will see this alot!) to prevent this. If I didn't, their arm got bigger than my electricity bill.
I wasn't able to use pre-poses. but now after 7 months of rendering I figured out that this wasn't normal.. Who would've thought.. :l
I had to clean my whole library of 250GB of assets.. Took me a whole day to find that corrupt morph.. and it was so fucking worth it.

It might seem like a little thing.. but it makes my work so much easier now.. I always had to work around this issue.

2. Previews
Drag into a new browser tab for a better look.

And the introduction of my favourite character.

(She got teasered in 0.1)
3. Release date
Estimated release date: July 25th - August 1th.
I am about 400 renders in.
You might think.. this is earlier than expected for a 1000+ render update.

Due to the huge increase of support from the last update, I found some extra motivation and at this level of increasing support, I can render without the risk of getting overhelmed by the electricity bill. (I normally stretch the rendering over 2-3 months, so that I can split the bill over 2 months of income.)
But the next update might take the usual 2 months again. I lost around 1/3 of my monthly income at the end of last month. So I might have to stretch it again.
I will soon open the fetish suggestions (Next one will be in 3 months.)
And I will do another poll soon.. for everyone above 1$ that might have a huge impact.
- Ocean

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of Where it all began 0.4a.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Tried the .4 download, mega says no longer available...

Reactions: crisbr

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
Can anyone speculate as to why he isn't making more $$$ on patreon? The render quality is great, lots of paths to choose from, also has NTR content. Why is he only making $500.00 a month after seven months? His thread here is pretty popular with 75 pages and 25 positive reviews.
Because of said NTR, most people see that and just won't play it. even if it is avoidable.

BOSOBS

May 24, 2019
latest patreon post:

Hey,

1. I fixed a bug I never knew I had.
2. Previews.
3. Est. release date

1. Bug fix.

From the day I made my first render till last week I was plagued by a certain "glitch".
Take a look at her shoulders/upper arm.

They have a massive gap between them and this weird thing always happened when I tried to move the arm closer to the body.
Another example

On renders were people walked, I had to move their arms away from the body (you will see this alot!) to prevent this. If I didn't, their arm got bigger than my electricity bill.
I wasn't able to use pre-poses. but now after 7 months of rendering I figured out that this wasn't normal.. Who would've thought.. :l
I had to clean my whole library of 250GB of assets.. Took me a whole day to find that corrupt morph.. and it was so fucking worth it.

It might seem like a little thing.. but it makes my work so much easier now.. I always had to work around this issue.

2. Previews
Drag into a new browser tab for a better look.

And the introduction of my favourite character.

(She got teasered in 0.1)
3. Release date
Estimated release date: July 25th - August 1th.
I am about 400 renders in.
You might think.. this is earlier than expected for a 1000+ render update.

Due to the huge increase of support from the last update, I found some extra motivation and at this level of increasing support, I can render without the risk of getting overhelmed by the electricity bill. (I normally stretch the rendering over 2-3 months, so that I can split the bill over 2 months of income.)
But the next update might take the usual 2 months again. I lost around 1/3 of my monthly income at the end of last month. So I might have to stretch it again.
I will soon open the fetish suggestions (Next one will be in 3 months.)
And I will do another poll soon.. for everyone above 1$ that might have a huge impact.
- Ocean
what are renders

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
The game is definitely underrated, story/character wise it's somewhat similar to DrPinkcake. I'm guessing it's:
- render quality/visuals ( while overall good, they are not the best, especially backgrounds)
- lacks some of polish/"production values" ( good music helps a lot)
- it's better to release big updates every few months ( that wow audience) than smaller ones that leave them wanting more

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
No. Katrina was already in 0.3. This is a different girl.
Wait so when was she teased in 0.1 i don't remember seeing her. If I'm remembering correctly 0.1 ends with katie seeing MC in the kitchen. Unless I'm blanking there wasn't any other girls shown unless it was the female receptionist during miru clinic visit but that was just a black screen.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I think she is MC's high school crush, Dana. She was mentioned in 0.1 when MC refused to have sex with Miru or got angry.
Wow i actually don't remember this part. I got to go playthrough it again. I usually skip through beginning dialogue after 0.2 dropped so i must've missed it.

Edit: Ok i played through. Wow i confused her with Monica this whole time. This what happens when you try to bang your relatives.

Last edited:

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Unlocked
Quantity of images - Poll
Good morning from grey terminal,

Where it all began isn't the first game you've played.
And if you have read my bio here on Patreon, you also know, that I've played a lot of games.

I always noticed that other developers don't use as many renders as I do.
Let's say.. they use 5 - 20 different renders for 40-50 lines of code in a normal conversation.
I use around 25 - 45 different renders. Many of them have simple changes like an eyebrow squeeze or a subtle smile. (Except for 0.1. This one was superficial.)

I've never seen people complain about the way other devs do this.
But I hear a lot of , "Oh, 1000 renders and the update is so short?"

My question now is.. should I keep doing this? Especially when there are so many different routes? Small changes that reflect every single mood change?
Or should I go more superficial? Like DmD, Life with pleasure and many other games.

I would be able to finish an update much quicker.. but on the other side it would lose depth.
But people don't seem to care about it. They seem to want "content."

Take a look at the amount of renders I used in 0.3.
~ 1200 renders and the scene with Helen & Scarlet in the livingroom.. Each line has a different render.
I could've finished this update with 600-800 renders.

Your choice, I'm fine with both.

Petite asian vote counts double.
Busty Raccoon vote counts triple.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
If I had anything to say on that note I would suggest that instead of full on going less renders I would say instead cut it a bit in half or around that area for a simple example as to what I mean and to simplify things Ill use just 1 number and such.
If like the other dev's use say 20 renders for 50 lines and Ocean uses 45 for 50 lines, I suggest instead to use 30 for 50 lines, this should cut it short still keep some of the depth and free up some time, now what this also could mean is you can instead use what time you have saved on that instead on other departments for more depths, say more sex scenes or flirtations depending on routes, or more renders in sex scenes for example more choices in where to finish how to finish or for example more kinky options in that area as in for example, say with Miru, she is kinky nympho in a way so let say you cream her she might scoop up some from out of her and eat it or if you finish on her face she scoops up and licks it off, these are things that sort of already happen but now you can add more or different options on those or for more characters for example.

whatever you save in conversations you can add to something else instead, as for animations, I don't mind but I would suggest to instead use those in specials while you are learning them, for example Valentine, Spring, Christmas,New Year, whatever if you even plan specials or something this way it does not impact this game, animations take longer and you are still learning them which is fine I however would rather have a focus on this game and make smaller specials or something on the side when you have time or are waiting for renders to happen and to keep you busy on the side. This is also a way to save time so you can focus on other things this way you don't exactly lose the depth just that the depth is now spread out a bit more.

D

Deleted member 1200074

Because of said NTR, most people see that and just won't play it. even if it is avoidable.
Partly NTR and partly the long gaps in release. People love big sticky and wet content dumps but apparently it pays to drip feed content better. When Ocean gets a full game under his belt, I am sure it will go better for him. Especially once people can see the high quality content this fool renders. I just hope the story stays as good as the art.

Reactions: crisbr and ustar
Jul 17, 2018
So, I started playing this game because of the pregnancy tag, but it looks like pregnancy content has not been added yet. What a ripoff.

4.30 star(s) 185 Votes