4.30 star(s) 186 Votes

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Further down the line = Season 5 of WiaB. There would be no value in Ocean porting choices earlier than a complete save, it's just risk too much confusion of his variables, then he'd have to keep bug fixing as he changes things in development. Maybe Season 1 WiaB will have clear choices that affect things, and those will be imported, and progressive seasons, but it's a lot of work for a slight flavour, while porting a finished save from WiaB makes sense. We're a long way from that situation.
okay, a lot of things... first, 5 seasons for WIAB? Here i lost, 7chapter per season? 10 chapter per season? I only knows WIAB will have 32 chapters or less...
Now for the juicy part, will it be worth it?
WIAB's development speed depends almost exclusively on it doing well on Steam, so it could be said that WIAB is very much at risk of ending along with SG or even after (yes, I'm putting the apocalyptic scenario, but it's good food for thought).

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
okay, a lot of things... first, 5 seasons for WIAB? Here i lost, 7chapter per season? 10 chapter per season? I only knows WIAB will have 32 chapters or less...
WIAB's development speed depends almost exclusively on it doing well on Steam, so it could be said that WIAB is very much at risk of ending along with SG or even after (yes, I'm putting the apocalyptic scenario, but it's good food for thought).
Yeah I think we're all lost. Wiab was 27(?) chapters in the old way of counting including half chapters I think, but maybe it was going to be three seasons, I can't remember. But with the new way of counting it's 54 chapters, but now Ocean seems to be doing enough renders for three chapters in a release. When it comes out of the oven, it'll be a chapter I guess. :unsure: The numbers are just a false metric in my opinion anyway, the story can be divided however it needs - Ocean's always going to have some form of cliffhanger tension to lead to the new chapter.

It is planed on being shorter than SG, and has less LI's so less convoluted branching, but then the NTR side of it might add more complicated branching. So in reality, it's just going to be a while before there's any meaningful import option for choices to impact SG, and most of us will have already played enough SG without the imported data anyway.

I applaud the effort to carry across variables, but it's icing on the cake once it's all baked. I'm far more interested in playing ch4 to find out the how more immediate changes are resolved than I am worried about a slight flavouring to SG way down the road.

I'm not going to even try to count chapters by old or new methods. It's all chthonic algebra to me.

minibaer12

Oct 1, 2023
Yeah I think we're all lost. Wiab was 27(?) chapters in the old way of counting including half chapters I think, but maybe it was going to be three seasons, I can't remember. But with the new way of counting it's 54 chapters, but now Ocean seems to be doing enough renders for three chapters in a release. When it comes out of the oven, it'll be a chapter I guess. :unsure: The numbers are just a false metric in my opinion anyway, the story can be divided however it needs - Ocean's always going to have some form of cliffhanger tension to lead to the new chapter.

It is planed on being shorter than SG, and has less LI's so less convoluted branching, but then the NTR side of it might add more complicated branching. So in reality, it's just going to be a while before there's any meaningful import option for choices to impact SG, and most of us will have already played enough SG without the imported data anyway.

I applaud the effort to carry across variables, but it's icing on the cake once it's all baked. I'm far more interested in playing ch4 to find out the how more immediate changes are resolved than I am worried about a slight flavouring to SG way down the road.

I'm not going to even try to count chapters by old or new methods. It's all chthonic algebra to me.
I don't give a damn how many chapters the thing has, as long as it continues. After all, we've been waiting for an update for 6 months now. We need something new to talk about.

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
I believe Ocean mentioned that S1 will have 8 chapters, if 32 are total and every season has 8, WiaB will have 4 Seasons. If we double the chapters, as there is no more half ones -thank god- 64 chapter in 8 seasons.

About if it will end before after SG... I will be happy as long as it ends.

Yeah, I have wonder if bigger updates equals more story being covered or is Ocean fleshing out scenes already supposed to be in that chapter, and where he would use 100 render he goes for 120. No way is better than the other but I am curious, 5000 renders for a single chapter is kinda insane, I know that BaD is in this number but it also has many more branching. Either Ocean is covering 2 chapters worth of content or he really fleshed out scenes.

I am also curious to see how much the NTR will affect the branching, because I expect it to have grand impact in the story. Can't see a cucked William staying with Miru, so how the story evolves from there ?

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
I believe Ocean mentioned that S1 will have 8 chapters, if 32 are total and every season has 8, WiaB will have 4 Seasons. If we double the chapters, as there is no more half ones -thank god- 64 chapter in 8 seasons.

About if it will end before after SG... I will be happy as long as it ends.

Yeah, I have wonder if bigger updates equals more story being covered or is Ocean fleshing out scenes already supposed to be in that chapter, and where he would use 100 render he goes for 120. No way is better than the other but I am curious, 5000 renders for a single chapter is kinda insane, I know that BaD is in this number but it also has many more branching. Either Ocean is covering 2 chapters worth of content or he really fleshed out scenes.

I am also curious to see how much the NTR will affect the branching, because I expect it to have grand impact in the story. Can't see a cucked William staying with Miru, so how the story evolves from there ?
I don't think the number of seasons doubles with the chapters, just that Ocean has realised calling something chapter 5.5 instead of 6 is aesthetically stupid on a title frame in the game. Functionally, each update will be called a full chapter, and the same number of updates per chapter. For some reason I recall 27 chapters in the original scheme of things for WiaB, but, really, it doesn't matter. Many more is the exact number we have to wait for: as long as Ocean keeps releasing updates, I'll keep playing them. I also suspect WiaB will finish before SG - SG has a higher number of paths for LI's, so updates will have a higher number of renders.

Reactions: LHDLLB

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
As you say, being 99% when someone varies it immediately becomes more interesting
Although
bocb0ae9rq0d1.jpeg

should we worry or rejoice?
why, he hasn't even finished WiAB how the fuck he is going to implement that system while working on both AVNs at the same time. God, it can't be, how can one man shoot himself in the foot so many times?

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
We need something new to talk about.
Will Miru's family still be ninjas or just criminals?

why, he hasn't even finished WiAB how the fuck he is going to implement that system while working on both AVNs at the same time. God, it can't be, how can one man shoot himself in the foot so many times?
For real! Considering that SG will definitely end first how should it work?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: sorco2003
4.30 star(s) 186 Votes