4.30 star(s) 188 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I love pierced nipples myself but not with huge earrings like Miru is sporting there.
ive still have yet to play chapter 3. But I loved her nipple piercings one of my favorite things to see in terms of looks. Then when I saw a render floating around with those circular ones yeah.... not feeling them so much anymore. At least looks better on her than it does with Nia from SG.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
kind of. but don't point that shit out it will make the dev remaster the game for the 20th time.
I didn't mind, I wonder what he would have said. It really annoys me sometimes that developers can't show a realistic boob or ass squeeze effect when groping. It's either superficial, as if the fingers are not pressed tightly against the skin, or there are cases like this, that the tits are as if empty inside.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Kinda bittersweet not gonna lie. Daphne is sadly off my list :cry:
I was hopeful but once again Ocean let me down by making her way too big for my liking. But it's ok. Still got Katie, Miru, Kat and Monica. I just wish Miru would put a damn top on, those piercings are killing my boner :rolleyes:

The rest of the log is dope though. I'm left wondering if Ocean is just a natural thinker and a philosopher or if he's got a touch of the ol' 'tism :ROFLMAO:
What creator ISN'T somewhere on the spectrum? That then says alot about me and my theories :coffee::whistle: We need a union for overthinkers, we could call it Hivemind? But then our theories would prevent us from losing independence....

In all seriousness, the ability to hyperfocus as Ocean has a tendency to do (regards the way he sees WiaB and SG lighting effects or physics while working out) is almost a superpower. It's not easy to stay committed to ideas for 5 years. I'd guess this is where some of the plot changes come from; there's at least a bit of him that overthinks and tries to problem solve, whereas Ocean previously would have thrown ideas in and just let them bounce around.

Overthinking... it goes well with coffee!

I love pierced nipples myself but not with huge earrings like Miru is sporting there.
Yep, it makes her less petite. The cool thing about Miru is that she is tiny/petite/delicate - sure she goes to the gym, but she leaves the abs for William, her style's kinda about hinding the fact she can destroy anyone. Those rings are far too extroverted/blatant/obvious for her style.

ive still have yet to play chapter 3. But I loved her nipple piercings one of my favorite things to see in terms of looks. Then when I saw a render floating around with those circular ones yeah.... not feeling them so much anymore. At least looks better on her than it does with Nia from SG.
Hard disagree. They look better on Nia. That doesn't mean they look good, but they suit Nia's style far more (it does make me wonder if Ocean's large nipples/areolas are due to how big the ring assets need to be to deal with?). Nia is far less subtle, and I can see her accessorising far more for shows etc. It makes sense that she has a level of blatant/obvious attention grabbing style to suit her work. TO me it just goes against Miru's character to be so big and inelegant. The tiny barbells suited her far better as a character.

I didn't mind, I wonder what he would have said. It really annoys me sometimes that developers can't show a realistic boob or ass squeeze effect when groping. It's either superficial, as if the fingers are not pressed tightly against the skin, or there are cases like this, that the tits are as if empty inside.
I don't know Daz, but more than likely you're right - pressure deforms the model which is a wireframe I assume, while in reality anything you squish has to go somewhere. This might be another reason Ocean's wanting to switch to blender, as time goes on he can get better physics I guess.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
What do you think Ocean is cooking for Katie's route, given that from the preview it seems that the demonstrations of affection from his family shock her?
She looks like she is wondering what will crush her first: Her brother's unaccountably gigantic cock or her mother's freakishly massive tits.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.TSoni

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Hard disagree. They look better on Nia. That doesn't mean they look good, but they suit Nia's style far more (it does make me wonder if Ocean's large nipples/areolas are due to how big the ring assets need to be to deal with?). Nia is far less subtle, and I can see her accessorising far more for shows etc. It makes sense that she has a level of blatant/obvious attention grabbing style to suit her work. TO me it just goes against Miru's character to be so big and inelegant. The tiny barbells suited her far better as a character.
hmmm you made me take a second look now I don't know what character I confused Nia with probably another game. I thought the nipple rings were alot bigger so they looked bad to me, clearly I was thinking of someone else. Yeah after taking a second look they do look better than on Miru. I still hate them on Miru tho barbells looks so much better. They look okay on Nia still would of perfered barbells on Nia as well but that's cause I just don't like the ring all that much to begin with even if they look alright / good on a character.

Reactions: BobTheDuck

LHDLLB

Oct 3, 2019
Completely agree with everything. But he did say that it was a test render, maybe he just was testing other pircerings and whatnots, would not look too deep into it. I think that ir has a fair chance that he will not change it, but again being Ocean it has a fair chance that he will do.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
hmmm you made me take a second look now I don't know what character I confused Nia with probably another game. I thought the nipple rings were alot bigger so they looked bad to me, clearly I was thinking of someone else. Yeah after taking a second look they do look better than on Miru. I still hate them on Miru tho barbells looks so much better. They look okay on Nia still would of perfered barbells on Nia as well but that's cause I just don't like the ring all that much to begin with even if they look alright / good on a character.
In Nia's case, they should be flashy and drawing attention to her assets. Currently her self worth is entangled in people's superficial reaction to her body. Miru, already has everything she wants other than buns in the oven. Her style with the game girl attitude is also the cute aspect, so again, tiny barbells.

Hopefully all the boob tests don't result in Miru getting scarring, going saggy or needing plastic surgery...

Reactions: Dr.TSoni

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
Yep, it makes her less petite. The cool thing about Miru is that she is tiny/petite/delicate - sure she goes to the gym, but she leaves the abs for William, her style's kinda about hinding the fact she can destroy anyone. Those rings are far too extroverted/blatant/obvious for her style.
TO me it just goes against Miru's character to be so big and inelegant. The tiny barbells suited her far better as a character.
tenor.gif
She looks like she is wondering what will crush her first: Her brother's unaccountably gigantic cock or her mother's freakishly massive tits.
Interesting theory :unsure:

Completely agree with everything. But he did say that it was a test render, maybe he just was testing other pircerings and whatnots, would not look too deep into it. I think that ir has a fair chance that he will not change it, but again being Ocean it has a fair chance that he will do.
I hope so, but those pircerings have already appeared in other previews

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Where it all began - Chapter 4 - Dev Log #12
Yo,

This Log is quite a few days late, and I apologize.

I got hung up on the Daphne Treat that I still owed you from the last "Who wore it better" in which Daphne won against Katarina.

While I do have five renders of it, that I will be publishing today, I don't consider it done yet. I'm not satisfied with the result and especially after such a long wait... I expected more from myself.

This means that today's Daphne renders are considered part 1.

The idea behind treats is that I only do them when I really feel them. I felt Daphne, but I had to take care of some other things, and that was a fatal mistake.

Yet, I continued the set but wasn't in the right headspace anymore and it led to a result I don't really stand behind.

Part 2 will follow as soon as bibi Daphne hits me again.

Part 1 will be released for all supporters. Part 2, however, will be for the designated tiers.
View attachment 3939067
View attachment 3939069
View attachment 3939070
View attachment 3939071
View attachment 3939072

2. Blender's workout plan.
One possible cause for losing the initiative for Daphne's set is that I have a lot on my plate. My mind's constantly racing between different software and possible ideas.

During cardio I often think about the games and thingies I could try out. For example I observe the motion of the treadmill and wonder how hard it would be to replicate in Blender... And then let Zara (SG) run on it... How would I handle the air resistance? The friction of her shoes on the rubber...

Then, I had a day where I was reading in bed and the sun was shinning into my room... When the light hits just right, I often observe it and wonder... Why can't I replicate it like this? Do the light bounces work so differently from Iray (Daz) or Blender (Cycles)?

Is the key "indirect" lighting?

...I had to get up and do some testing.

First, I checked how Blender calculates the light bounces... In Blender you can change how often the light bounces around a scene. I created a little room with a window in it and did my tests by having light shine in and see how it illuminates the room at what values...

Then I ported the room to Daz and did the same... And Daz handled it much worse. In Daz you often have the issue, that the light from outside, doesn't illuminate the room at all. You need artificial lighting... And there lays the challenge of good renders. It's hard to get right.

The way the light bounces around the room in Daz seems to be much worse than in Blender. In Blender, I could illuminate the room with a light value of 4833 lumen.

In Daz, I needed over 65000 lumen when replicating the size of the mesh light. It looked much worse in Daz. I documented the process and will go more into detail in the Blender log.

I opened Blender again, opened Miru who was waiting for me to do some boob physics tests, and started lighting her with a singular, indirect light.
View attachment 3939074

This was in a very big room, and the light was positioned on the opposite side of the room, facing the wall.

The HDRI (World) was turned off, and the scene had no lighting besides that one mesh light (and technically her headphones).

This gives me a lot of ideas on how to light scenes in the future... But I will also do some more tests soon in Daz... While writing this, I got an idea that I have to try out.

Ennnnoooough... Before I start writing an entire Blender log... Let me get to the end of the Blender part.

Yesterday however, I came up with a new way to improve my Blender/Marvelous Designer skills.
Usually, I do what I always do and that's follow my instincts and learn as I go... Which worked out for Daz, but Blender combined with Marvelous has so many areas to cover, that I needed a better system.

So I created a workout plan for Blender. It's build exactly like a workout plan for the gym... With a few additions.

Instead of a Chest/Shoulder day, you have a Animation/Constraint day.

I came up with a few ideas to make it more fun... Geomerty Chaos & (Star)Light) are just some of the little events I created that will help me understand everything a lot better.

Or the "Hyptertrophy" 3x10 Blender workout.

For each set (1x10) you create one new render with Girl X, and then make 10 different versions out of it. I change the lighting, the camera angle and so on...

I have come up with 11 challenging events to make it more fun... And I will go into them with the first Blender log... Which will be a fucking Titan of a log.

There's also some good news about Marvelous Designer... But I will include all of this into the Blender Log.

WiAB Chapter 4
Work continues as usual.

I licensed some new music for both games, and a friend told me about a channel that produces some very nice, free, ambient music.

As mentioned, there will be fewer previews from now on. I don't want to preview every single scene in an update.

I have to write a Dev Log every week; in the past, I always needed fresh previews for every single one. But if a scene takes a month or more to finish, the previews would look very similar.

II have been showing 3-8 previews a log for years and it felt wrong if I didn't... But, I reached a point where I started worrying, "Damn, we have Monday, and I don't really have a render that would justify being previewed. Should I start a new scene already?"

So I will be cutting previews drastically. It will make them more special... And sometimes there will be a log with more previews but... It will be the exception.

Top view.
View attachment 3939079

From now on, expect around 0 - 2 previews per Dev Log. If I don't post a preview, there's a good chance I will instead show a render I did one the side. Or some Blender renders.

Time will tell.

I apologize again for the delay of the WiAB Dev log.
--Ocean
As much as I love Miru (and Katie), Miru is right to fear the competition that Daphne brings. Oof.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I definitely like the original version of Dana better, even though the current one still has great potential. She not at the top of my list, but I like her. I really like Zoey, she probably 4th for me. I love her different hair color and freckles.
She actually went from teenage crush to Jabba XD
I must confess you make me feel unprepared, I only planned for Katie and Miru

4.30 star(s) 188 Votes