Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Monica will feature in a couple of scenes (nothing major unfortunately) and Jenna won't feature :(. But Monica & Jenna will be back with a bang in Episode 8....
CRUSHED...is a word that describes something that is very flat due to excessive force...

And I am trying not to make it equate to my hopes or anticipation of this update. Sadly, I have been preparing myself for the inevitability of Momica being somewhat absent in the new chapter at the expense of story line development/progression of other characters (who needs 'em). BUT I truly am just excited to return to the universe in Cheeky's mind (as are we all). So I will happily wait for Chapter 8 (early cheapskate access pls) and I am sure I will LOVE what you have cooked up for us next! Keep up the great work. Sorry I cannot be fortuitous with monetary compensation but I "suffer" through other games posted sometimes just waiting for yours. I can't wait to see my friends again and corrupt them more.

*returns to fetal position & resumes sobbing like a girl*

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
Start of week Update contd.

Folks,
Just to be clear, unless there is a complete disaster I'm still expecting to release an Episode 7 before the end of the month and if all goes well, it should be closer to my current due date of the 24th, rather than the very end of the month.

However... if for some reason, disaster does strike and I miss getting a release out before the 31st, I want to ensure ALL $10 & $5 patrons that if you decide to cancel /reduce your pledge before the end of the month, I will still make sure you get the relevant tier (that you paid this month) rewards for Episode 7. I don't want any $10/$5 patrons getting charged for August and not receiving anything for their money.

Episode 7 is definitely looking like it will be one of the longest (if not the longest) episodes to date (excluding the full Episode 6 extended version which was really 1.5 episodes).

Episode 7 Overview (some minor spoilers below...)

Monica features in a couple of scenes, but unfortunately they are not BIG scenes, but we do cover the "morning after" discussions about last night's date. And they are not completely platonic, so there'll be some level of tease / romance (and without alcohol!!!!) ...

Jenna - Due to the current length of the Episode, it is looking more likely than Jenna's scene will be cut...but she will make a very minor appearance....

This is because the main focus will be the party and relationship development with Katie (a couple of scenes which should keep Katie fans happy and a decent jump in their physical relationship. Will also progress Debbie / Lily (with some level of "hotness") and of course the Roger / Elaine plotline.

But rest assured Jenna and Monica will be back with a bang in the next episode.

And I did have to introduce a character (cannot put it off any longer) that will help progress the main plotline (Father's will) as I've been ignoring that too long also and will set up some further developments in Episode 8.

eliteplague

Jun 15, 2017
By far my favorite Renpystyle game. Story progresses perfectly at a nice pace with each character that gets more romance and lustful events every episode. And each character has an interesting personality, the dialogues are great.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
This is without a doubt my current favorite game. Everything up to now is very well done, so the two things that I'm very excited for and looking forward to are:

1. Jenna's transformation. She has changed quite a lot so far, but I wonder how her transformation is going to be handled both in terms of physical appearance as well as implementation to the story. How will she act in the future? How will the other characters react to her change?

2. Harem route (if any). I'm not sure if harem route is going to exist in the game or not, but if there is, it's always the number one thing that separates good games with the great games. It's easy to write story when it's just one-on-one. What will bring the game to next level is how to write the story when there are a lot of characters involved. A few examples for this game would be:
  • Katie and Jenna are the opposite when it comes to personalities, how will they interact with each other if they have to share the MC? Heck, how would MC break the news and somehow make both happy?
  • How will Monica feel and react if she found out that MC is also having relationships with her daughters? What would have to happen to make her accept it?
I'm really looking forward to how all those will be done, and I hope it will be done well.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Yes, Rod Rosenstein may resign or get fired.
The Dolphins are are 3-0.
Tiger Woods won his first tournament in 5 years.
There are several tropical disturbances in the Atlantic Ocean.
o_OXD:eek:penedeyewink::closedtongue:

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Yes, Rod Rosenstein may resign or get fired.
The Dolphins are are 3-0.
Tiger Woods won his first tournament in 5 years.
There are several tropical disturbances in the Atlantic Ocean.
You're cheeky - Me like x'D

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
You're cheeky - Me like x'D
The dev attempts to co-opt that attitude, but he has not yet (TM) his name. I am glad you show the same courage to stand up to such an infringement on our personal freedoms!

Reactions: Snugglepuff

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I've been on here long enough not to ask without reading but.... When is next expected(and I did check but didn't find the answer).

rhorn

Nov 22, 2017
I've been on here long enough not to ask without reading but.... When is next expected(and I did check but didn't find the answer).
Folks,
Just to be clear, unless there is a complete disaster I'm still expecting to release an Episode 7 before the end of the month and if all goes well, it should be closer to my current due date of the 24th, rather than the very end of the month.

Reactions: JeefZ

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
You must not have checked, since it was on this very same page, post # 2106. Fortunately, a kind soul REposted it for you.

Reactions: JeefZ

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Speaking of Cheeky...if you have your reading glasses handy, try this out for size. Consider this even more time to head over and pledge!

Start of week update (Long version)
Patrons only
Sep 24 at 8:04pm
Hey All,
Apologies for being quiet over the past week, but I've been working on the game consistently, so I avoided all forums / postings. I took Thursday & Friday off work to work on the game and worked continuously for the past 5 days (4x18hr days Thurs-Sun and 7hrs tonight after I got home from work) to try to get some shape onto Episode 7.

At the end of Thursday, I concluded that some of the pre-party scenes were rushed / too short and ALL of party scenes I created were absolute shit and needed to be completely re-done (When I completed a playthrough, I didn't like the scenes / revenge plot or any of the script that I had written),

So that's when the panic set in. On a positive note, with the exception of one scene, I was happy with the renders / images.

The past few days have been the only time since I started the game that I did not enjoy the Dev process. And although I always feel a bit of self-imposed pressure, this is the first time that I had some actual panic.

So I had to make a lot of changes, move a lot of stuff around and the bottom line is that....

I WILL have a playable episode out by the end of this week. It will be average length compared to previous episodes (images/script) and I am now happy with the quality of it. However, it is pretty much ALL based on the build-up to the party, which means that most of the party will be in the next release. But you shouldn't have to wait as long (approx. 3 weeks) for the next release as it will be an extended version of Episode 7 (similar to the 6X version for Episode 6).

Summary:

Episode 7 out this week (standard length). Episode 7X (completes the party) will be out in Mid October.

I committed to completing the ENTIRE party scene this month, but that's not going to happen, so.... for any $10/$5 patrons that paid for September, I'll ensure that you get Episode 7 this month AND Episode 7X next month, even if you reduce / delete your pledge at the end of this month.

Also: Although I have not yet reached my planned goal for hiring some help, I am going to go ahead and advertise/hire an additional member to the team, as I've learned this month that a one-man band is not enough to keep up with the required pace!

Apologies for not getting everything into this month, but it was just too much to cram in.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes