CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Complaining on a pirate site, that a version was leaked before you wanted it leaked. :rolleyes:
Just do what you have to do, but come on please
You're missing the point. I am at peace with the game being pirated. I got over that a few years back. My complaint is that this version isn't even worth pirating (it's a mess) but because we've lost the integrity of our QC team...it will now delay the release. I'll draw you a diagram if it helps!

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
You're missing the point. I am at peace with the game being pirated. I got over that a few years back. My complaint is that this version isn't even worth pirating (it's a mess) but because we've lost the integrity of our QC team...it will now delay the release. I'll draw you a diagram if it helps!
At the end you are still complaining that it is being leaked. The channel and version (at least if it is playable, which this is not, I already checked) does not matter to a pirate site ;)

I understand your reasoning, but to me, this is the wrong platform to do it.
Not that I could even stop you, but just as you had to vent your frustration, I had to vent mine.

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
By the way, I wonder if we should basically expect someone to stab us in the back because of a will? Or all will be trivial, that love interest won't betray and all that? I'm just wondering, can we expect bad outcomes from those with whom we communicate well. It's just that developers usually try to please everyone and make everyone's love interests look like good people and stuff

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
At the end you are still complaining that it is being leaked. The channel and version (at least if it is playable, which this is not, I already checked) does not matter to a pirate site ;)

Not that I could even stop you, but just as you had to vent your frustration, I had to vent mine.
Quit being a lil troll.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Folks - The update was very close but not now. Unfortunately this new leaked version is a beta test which was only available to a small group of people (Our beta / QC team.) At the moment, we don't know which one of them leaked it. So until we figure out who, we won't be able to send the next version (with more scenes) to the beta team for testing. If we can't test it, we can't release it. So whoever decided to upload this buggy / half-finished version has just delayed the release of the official version. Best thing for all parties would be if they showed a bit of backbone and just came clean so we can remove them from the QC team and get back to testing the game and get back on track for a release. Hopefully you folks here can put a bit of pressure on them to come clean. Obviously there's nothing we can do, other than boot them from the QC team (and nothing else we wanna do) so we can get on with testing and releasing episode 22.
It is unfortunate. My previous life involved a lot of classified material. It was a pain but needed. It was also quite good when some asshat thought they were above the rules got to meet the Investigators and then a special vacation in Kansas for a few years. Yeah, watching that was a bit pleasurable. I hope y'all are successful in the sanitizing.

Reactions: WaltS

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019

You sound guilty...

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
Quit being a lil troll.
Oo, someone needs to check the definition of trolling.
If a post is trolling, it is Cheeky, because his complaining of a leaked version, and even trying to start a manhunt is absolutly the defiintion of trolling, for a community that depends on pirating versions.

And in case you missed it, I marked it here for you:

Folks - The update was very close but not now. Unfortunately this new leaked version is a beta test which was only available to a small group of people (Our beta / QC team.) At the moment, we don't know which one of them leaked it. So until we figure out who, we won't be able to send the next version (with more scenes) to the beta team for testing. If we can't test it, we can't release it. So whoever decided to upload this buggy / half-finished version has just delayed the release of the official version. Best thing for all parties would be if they showed a bit of backbone and just came clean so we can remove them from the QC team and get back to testing the game and get back on track for a release. Hopefully you folks here can put a bit of pressure on them to come clean. Obviously there's nothing we can do, other than boot them from the QC team (and nothing else we wanna do) so we can get on with testing and releasing episode 22.

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Oo, someone needs to check the definition of trolling.
If a post is trolling, it is Cheeky, because his complaining of a leaked version, and even trying to start a manhunt is absolutly the defiintion of trolling, for a community that depends on pirating versions.

And in case you missed it, I marked it here for you:
You're missing the point. Cheeky doesn't mind the game being leaked. He just doesn't want it leaked:

a) Before it is ready to be
b) By a trusted member of the team

Because this troll version was released it puts a bad name on the game and people will assosiate this bad leak with the game thinking that the game is bad.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Depending on the size of your test team, it should not be difficult to embed a unique snippet of code somewhere that would identify each test copy. Then, if it leaks you can easily match that code to whom it was given.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes