vivaloveyou

Jul 22, 2021
In case anyone is interested. I updated my twitter below with a blooper from last EP and some minor EP23 teasers. Some follows/retweets/replies are appreciated. Trying to see if this is a viable way to reach some new fans. :) And some of it is even SFW in case that is an issue for you ;).
The number of supporters is growing, which is great, but I wish the update time would get faster with more supporters:oops:

Reactions: Ghostload

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
The number of supporters is growing, which is great, but I wish the update time would get faster with more supporters:oops:
I wish this was the case, but we've lost about 200 patreons and about 10% of our monthly income since the economy went in the pot in spite of a lot of attempts to advertise and add goals that may be appealing. After multiple attempts we finally added another writer/coder (Wiz) who has had some time to get up to speed, but our repeated attempts to add another steady artist/animator have continually been unlucky. :S

In the last year or two I believe we have trialed 5 folks trying to expand our artists (after god knows how many didn't make it past Cheeky's screening). Of those 5, two just weren't cut out for it, one ghosted half way into a scene (which also happened to Cheeky's first additional artist way back), the one most qualified/talented so far was unable to continue working because their country was invaded :S, but the one that took the cake actually tried to extort us. lol We are trialing another one now (lucky number 6?). Hope they can break the curse. :D

vivaloveyou

Jul 22, 2021
I wish this was the case, but we've lost about 200 patreons and about 10% of our monthly income since the economy went in the pot in spite of a lot of attempts to advertise and add goals that may be appealing. After multiple attempts we finally added another writer/coder (Wiz) who has had some time to get up to speed, but our repeated attempts to add another steady artist/animator have continually been unlucky. :S

In the last year or two I believe we have trialed 5 folks trying to expand our artists (after god knows how many didn't make it past Cheeky's screening). Of those 5, two just weren't cut out for it, one ghosted half way into a scene (which also happened to Cheeky's first additional artist way back), the one most qualified/talented so far was unable to continue working because their country was invaded :S, but the one that took the cake actually tried to extort us. lol We are trialing another one now (lucky number 6?). Hope they can break the curse. :D
I hope you can find someone full of talent to join you and can speed up the updates
There is no doubt that the story you have created is really engaging, but the update times have been slow and each version is a long wait!

So far, I think the developers of No More Money and Secret Summer have the best update times, with a steady update in 1-2 months.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I hope you can find someone full of talent to join you and can speed up the updates
There is no doubt that the story you have created is really engaging, but the update times have been slow and each version is a long wait!

So far, I think the developers of No More Money and Secret Summer have the best update times, with a steady update in 1-2 months.
The update times have gotten slower unfortunately since the start it is a fact, but it is the price we all pay for the breadth of choice and quality/quantity of content. I have played both of those games and have corresponded with with Superwriter (dev of secret summer) many times as a patreon and associate. I am not sure what the team size is for No More Money, but I know Super pretty much does it all himself which is definite props, but it really is apples to oranges to compare us with almost anyone.

Many of Super's games (Secret Summer for example) are static images and no animations (still great and I'm a big fan of his character models, but animations are a considerable time investment he doesn't have to deal with). No More Money does have animations but can and does do updates with no sex at all. Which is something we have never done in my years working on this game. Every update you the MC can get laid at least 2-3 times or more lol.

If we are comparing, most games I believe will push out 150-300 renders an update give or take animations in 1-2 months. Our last several Eps averaged 1k-1200 images, while I'm not as familiar with the amount of coding done by others I doubt many reach the 10-12k lines we have been averaging per EP even when you add up all their updates compared to our longer cycles.

There are some teams out there I can only envy the amount of talent and teams they must bring to bear on their games (NLT/Treasure of Nadia) for example, but I'm not disappointed in anyway in what we do and how much of it and if pareons want to save some money between updates that is fine even if it is a bit sad for our pocket books, but we have our eye on the endgame when we publish a finished product we can be proud of and thankful for the core group of patreons that have stuck with us through it all. :) If we manage to expand our team as we have been trying to for quite some time, we might be able to push out content faster, but at present until we find another reliable artist that is a WIP.

vivaloveyou

Jul 22, 2021
The update times have gotten slower unfortunately since the start it is a fact, but it is the price we all pay for the breadth of choice and quality/quantity of content. I have played both of those games and have corresponded with with Superwriter (dev of secret summer) many times as a patreon and associate. I am not sure what the team size is for No More Money, but I know Super pretty much does it all himself which is definite props, but it really is apples to oranges to compare us with almost anyone.

Many of Super's games (Secret Summer for example) are static images and no animations (still great and I'm a big fan of his character models, but animations are a considerable time investment he doesn't have to deal with). No More Money does have animations but can and does do updates with no sex at all. Which is something we have never done in my years working on this game. Every update you the MC can get laid at least 2-3 times or more lol.

If we are comparing, most games I believe will push out 150-300 renders an update give or take animations in 1-2 months. Our last several Eps averaged 1k-1200 images, while I'm not as familiar with the amount of coding done by others I doubt many reach the 10-12k lines we have been averaging per EP even when you add up all their updates compared to our longer cycles.

There are some teams out there I can only envy the amount of talent and teams they must bring to bear on their games (NLT/Treasure of Nadia) for example, but I'm not disappointed in anyway in what we do and how much of it and if pareons want to save some money between updates that is fine even if it is a bit sad for our pocket books, but we have our eye on the endgame when we publish a finished product we can be proud of and thankful for the core group of patreons that have stuck with us through it all. :) If we manage to expand our team as we have been trying to for quite some time, we might be able to push out content faster, but at present until we find another reliable artist that is a WIP.
Thank you very much developer acewinz for your detailed answer, every time your work does not disappoint, as a big fan of your game, I really want to play the new content sooner LOL

Reactions: acewinz

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021

I think you need an HR unit to do some vetting. Also the extortion may be worth visiting the local PD. It can be rewarding to see a 'jackass' introduced to "Bubba'.:devilish::LOL:

bosa43

Oct 20, 2017
I really liked the scene where you can basically turn Jenna in to a cuck. I wish we could do something similar to Katie maybe with Jenna. I lie the sibling rivalry thing that's going on as well.

compaq

Sep 14, 2017
At some point when the game is complete, and I'm guessing there's not a whole lot left to the story, there is going to be a functional scene gallery within the complete edition?

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Does anyone know how many episodes the developers intend to make? Currently playing episode 16 and I have to say this is the longest Renpy I've ever played and it seems like I haven't reached half of the story yet.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Does anyone know how many episodes the developers intend to make? Currently playing episode 16 and I have to say this is the longest Renpy I've ever played and it seems like I haven't reached half of the story yet.
Probably around 30 episodes when finished but that's just an estimate. I don't think they have an exact number of episodes figured out yet.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
At some point when the game is complete, and I'm guessing there's not a whole lot left to the story, there is going to be a functional scene gallery within the complete edition?
Maybe. We were hoping the quickstart would suffice for that, but if the demand is there I think Cheeky will revisit updating the gallery.

Initial estimates were 25, but I think we would have to make them even bigger than they already are to meet that. I think we will go over a bit depending on how much cramming we do and that isn't counting the Epilogues.

Reactions: compaq

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
Probably around 30 episodes when finished but that's just an estimate. I don't think they have an exact number of episodes figured out yet.
Thx! That's what I thought after spending hours on this game. I love engaging story but I'm just worried that developers might drag this game for too long, especially right now I basically fuck every girl I've encountered so I'm just really curious (or more like worried) when my harem route might backfire. Have current episodes already required you to make hard choices like choosing only one of all girls?

Maybe. We were hoping the quickstart would suffice for that, but if the demand is there I think Cheeky will revisit updating the gallery.

Initial estimates were 25, but I think we would have to make them even bigger than they already are to meet that. I think we will go over a bit depending on how much cramming we do and that isn't counting the Epilogues.
Thanks for all your hard work! I just hope this game could keep up its quality through the end and have decent endings (including multiple girls ending that can fulfill my incessant lust) without dragging too long to accomplish.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Thx! That's what I thought after spending hours on this game. I love engaging story but I'm just worried that developers might drag this game for too long, especially right now I basically fuck every girl I've encountered so I'm just really curious (or more like worried) when my harem route might backfire. Have current episodes already required you to make hard choices like choosing only one of all girls?

Thanks for all your hard work! I just hope this game could keep up its quality and through the end have decent endings (including multiple girls ending that can fulfill my incessant lust) without dragging too long to accomplish.
Yeah, we definitely ended up with more side content than we intended. We just kept having ideas and then had to see them through. It is also very much CellStudios fault. Every time we ask for side characters who aren't attractive, he comes out with some models that are incredible and we end up using them in sexual ways... then the next thing you know they have backstories and arcs. CheekyGimp is honestly just as bad.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, that all said, we are definitely ready to move toward the ending while we tie up everything currently going on and there should be primary story progress every step of the way now till conclusion.

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes