WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I will eat my hat if Elaine is the villain... much too obvious, CCTV footage or not. The MC discounting Theresa as the religious nutjob the dad had a fling with is entirely stupid on his part. Even Bella may be too obvious as the conniving "Dizzy". Katie, Jenna, Debbie and Lily are certainly not involved with any of that. If it's Monica I will also eat my hat! I hope Theresa is the third person in the will. I kind of like Bella (and even Elaine, I think it's all misdirection and she really has a plan to share some money with the MC).
I have said it before I think Elaine is the key to the money. One of the main reasons I gave her the house (other than fucking her that was #1). She said that the house is all she wanted so I kept my promise. I have no intention of ditching Monica, Jenna, and Katie to get the money, so the only way for people like me who have chosen to stay with them can get the money is Elaine. It's not like whoever is the third heir
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is going to give us any. Be good to Elaine and I believe we will be rewarded. (y)

It's just my opinion, but it's also right. ;)

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
I don't think that KatiexJenna or KatiexJennaxMonica ending is possible. Either would be nice but at this point neither seems likely. KatiexDebiexLily or JennaxJolina sure but that's it.
well jenna is into some kinky stuff, as happened with the bartender (forgot name)..katie is jelous as fuck but again, she òet sopmething with her and her friends if i rememebr correectly , even being not happy with it, problem is Monica i guess..but should be worked on in some way...would be a dream cuz turning down 1 of them is a big issue for me nowk

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
like mel brooks sayed: it's good to be bad :devilish:
give me the money, i just like to play the evil route every now and then, less drama in my playthrough :WeSmart:

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Be good to Elaine and I believe we will be rewarded. (y)
100% agree. I also happen to like Elaine, life with the father was not easy for her. Sure, she was pretty cold hearted (or so it seems) early on when she told the MC to leave the house, but I also think she's neither bad or evil, nor will she want to trick the MC. Be nice to her, give her the house (and quite frankly, why would the MC need it, he can live in the beach house or with Monica and his sweethearts) and good things will come your way! I never not wanted to give her the house, but my MC is not after the money anyway and could not care less about the stupid will or houses. He will always have a nice place to stay with people he loves.

Not sure about Jolina, she has zero connections to anything? Not entirely out of the question of course, but it would feel odd if it were her. I like to think of her as being a safe choice, as in, she won't trick or deceive the MC if you are on her path. Bella looks a lot more suspicious. But that could be yet another red herring, it would be one if I wrote the game ;)

Reactions: WhiteyG

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
I will say this...
i said what i'd love to be... a little harem option ending..like Elain-bella-jolina - monica-katy-jenna and i will be happy...but maybe there will be some issue with the will\inheritance...will see who is the 3rd in the will (don't rememebr if is already known...it passed some time now..:)

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
I will eat my hat if Elaine is the villain... much too obvious, CCTV footage or not. The MC discounting Theresa as the religious nutjob the dad had a fling with is entirely stupid on his part. Even Bella may be too obvious as the conniving "Dizzy". Katie, Jenna, Debbie and Lily are certainly not involved with any of that. If it's Monica I will also eat my hat! I hope Theresa is the third person in the will. I kind of like Bella (and even Elaine, I think it's all misdirection and she really has a plan to share some money with the MC).

Dizzy being anyone other than Bella would imo completely break the plot that has been built up for years. As someone who has replayed this game way too many times to count, and at this point might as well have seen every piece of dialogue, I can safely say that Bellia is almost certainly the gold digger with Jolina as her 'partner in crime'.

Theresa being the third person in the will is such an obvious red herring that I am glad the MC, who isn't always the sharpest tool in the shed, didn't jump on it immediately. She is completely inconsequential to the main plot and even meeting her was a chance circumstance and she never once brings up the will or anything even remotely related to it.

Elaine might be genuine towards the MC but she definitely is looking out for herself as well (not all sweetness comes naturally).

But Bella has been playing the MC from the start, always subtly poisoning his attitude towards Elaine while never missing out on reminding that it's HIS house, Almost as if she knows one of the conditions in the will.

And even if her feelings towards the MC are real on her romance path, she never ever breaks character. Unlike Jolina who feels guilty multiple times about deceiving the MC if she's romanced.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Dizzy being anyone other than Bella would imo completely break the plot that has been built up for years.
I agree that it's the super obvious choice and it may very well be that Bella is the scheming witch in the background... but then again, why be super obvious? Maybe the writer is a fan of Rian Johnson and wants to subvert expectations? :sneaky:

But why would Jolina be involved? Unless she and Bella are an item? Of course the two ending up in the beach house may not be a coincidence. However, that depends entirely on the MC's choice and Jolina and Bella can't know what he will decide. Jolina also (apparently) leaves town if you break up with her (could be a ruse)? I cannot see the Jolina / Bella angle here.

And sure, Elaine is most likely also looking out for herself. But I don't blame her. Everyone wants some security. The MC already has that, he will always have a place to stay and 100k is at least something. Being a little selfish does not mean you are evil though. And she's open about really wanting the house. I think she's honest when she says she will make sure the MC will get some money if she can help it.

About Theresa, remember "Chekhov's religious nutjob rule aka Chekhov's gun"... if the plot mentions some super religious woman the father had a fling with... and then you meet ONE woman in the entire game who fits that description... chances are she actually is the one. And maybe Theresa's plot was for her son to stalk Jenna, she counted on the MC to intervene (which is not too far fetched) and this way get into contact with him. She is super thirsty when they meet, maybe that has other reasons than just being crazy. I ignored her entirely of course. So I can't say what happens when you submit to her craziness.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: acewinz

blobbo66

Apr 13, 2022
I will say this...
Ok so one of my theories is a bit out there.....the mcs mom. Did she really die? If she died in a car accident then that would normally involve a closed casket and with the mcs dad being loaded and really manipulative he could of easily set it up and kept the mom away. Anything to fuck with the people "close" to him, he loves playing games with people so i wouldn't be surprised.
Be one hell of a twist

like some others have already said it kinda seems to obvious to be elaine. not too sure about bella though, she seems a bit too caring of the mc

there were a few moments where i thought maybe monica but im still on the fence, she genuinely seems to care about the mc

Jolina is another theory, there just seems to be something about her thats keeping me going "hmmm"

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
there were a few moments where i thought maybe monica
Same here. There are two versions of how she and the father interacted, but I tend to believe Monica... I cannot see her being some evil scheming legacy hunter however, even though she might need money since her business is in trouble. She seems very genuine with her affection for the MC. That would really come out of left field and ruin the game if she was suddenly revealed as "Dizzy". Makes no sense.

You may be on to something with the mom though... I also repeatedly thought what might be if she's not actually dead? But would she screw over her own son? Unless she was as much of a pycho as the dad? Seems a bit of a stretch though. Wasn't it also implied that the person the MC believes is his mom may not be his mom? And Monica never saw her pregnant, since she lived away from her and they never met during that time?
Is there any older female in the game the MC can't have sex with (the game would certainly not have the MC have sex with his mom)? Don't think so?

blobbo66

Apr 13, 2022
Same here. There are two versions of how she and the father interacted, but I tend to believe Monica... I cannot see her being some evil scheming legacy hunter however, even though she might need money since her business is in trouble. She seems very genuine with her affection for the MC. That would really come out of left field and ruin the game if she was suddenly revealed as "Dizzy". Makes no sense.

You may be on to something with the mom though... I also repeatedly thought what might be if she's not actually dead? But would she screw over her own son? Unless she was as much of a pycho as the dad? Seems a bit of a stretch though. Wasn't it also implied that the person the MC believes is his mom may not be his mom? And Monica never saw her pregnant, since she lived away from her and they never met during that time?
Is there any older female in the game the MC can't have sex with (the game would certainly not have the MC have sex with his mom)? Don't think so?
I really hope it doesn't turn out to be Monica because even though i dont tend to make her a LI i do really like the chemistry that he has with the mc. Plus i think it would also ruin her relationship with Katie and Jenna so i really cant see it being her.

With regards to the mom though, i dont think she would be a psycho like the dad but i think hes psycho enough to keep her away and she didnt have any say in it. Although what you said could also be plausible about his "mom" not actually being his mom.

There is one female character that you cant have sex with......the librarian :ROFLMAO:

My top theory though is the "mom"

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
I agree that it's the super obvious choice and it may very well be that Bella is the scheming witch in the background... but then again, why be super obvious? Maybe the writer is a fan of Rian Johnson and wants to subvert expectations? :sneaky:
Please. Anything but that. Hit me with an obvious reveal, so obvious that a child could have guessed it, I'd take that over having my 'expectations subverted'. I've had enough of that for one lifetime.

But why would Jolina be involved? Unless she and Bella are an item? Of course the two ending up in the beach house may not be a coincidence. However, that depends entirely on the MC's choice and Jolina and Bella can't know what he will decide. Jolina also (apparently) leaves town if you break up with her (could be a ruse)? I cannot see the Jolina / Bella angle here.
Jolina is the linchpin to the plot, the email was sent from her shop, which started everything. Jo and Bella might be an item, or it might just be a professional relationship, though it's been suggested several times that Jolina has a preference for women. The fortune teller might have also alluded to it, the sister and her blonde lesbian more likely refers to Jo/Bella than Katie/Debbie.

Also, if you're on Jenna's route, there is a scene where you spy on Jo through her webcam and some super detective in this thread figured out that it's from Elaine's kitchen.

Not to mention the fact that Bella and Jo are probably the only LIs who never take no for an answer, for most other women, you get a simple 'not interested' choice and romance is never brought up again. But these 2 girls just keep going after him over and over again. I mean come on, I know the MC is a good looking and smooth talking charmer, but it's still a bit odd, especially for Jo who barely knows the MC.

Lastly, she only brings up leaving town if she is in a relationship with the MC (probably to test how serious he is with her). Otherwise she only asks if he knows any cheap motels in the area and doesn't bring up some supposed job that she has taken on the other side of the country. I am pretty sure Jolina isn't going to disappear from the game even if you don't invite her to the BH.

And sure, Elaine is most likely also looking out for herself. But I don't blame her. Everyone wants some security. The MC already has that, he will always have a place to stay and 100k is at least something. Being a little selfish does not mean you are evil though. And she's open about really wanting the house. I think she's honest when she says she will make sure the MC will get some money if she can help it.
I agree that Elaine has every right to look out for herself. But it's rather hard to sympathize with her considering how unceremoniously she yeeted the MC, a 19 year old kid who himself had no security, out of HER house. Not only that, but she went above and beyond in being evil and petty towards him, when she told him that even if he has no means of residence and is really struggling, doesn't mean he can return.

Even if it truly was because of her guilt and shame, still doesn't justify her actions. She could have let the MC stay at the Beach house or done 100 other things that didn't involve kicking a barely legal adult out of his own house immediately after his father's passing, without a support system.

No matter how sweet she acts towards the MC or how many of his football games she attended, she can never live this down. Also, I am not certain how sincere she is when she offers the inheritance money, remember, she will say anything that will ingratiate herself to the MC, so I'd take her offer with a grain of salt.

About Theresa, remember "Chekhov's religious nutjob rule aka Chekhov's gun"... if the plot mentions some super religious woman the father had a fling with... and then you meet ONE woman in the entire game who fits that description... chances are she actually is the one. And maybe Theresa's plot was for her son to stalk Jenna, she counted on the MC to intervene (which is not too far fetched) and this way get into contact with him. She is super thirsty when they meet, maybe that has other reasons than just being crazy. I ignored her entirely of course. So I can't say what happens when you submit to her craziness.
The most important fact to keep in mind: You don't hear the description and THEN meet the woman, you meet the woman and then hear the description. And from whom? And who introduced you to the woman in the first place? I'd say it's more likely there is no religious nutjob that the father had a fling with, and there is no other son.

It could be possible that she sent her son as an attack dog (heh) to lure the MC, but I think it's too farfetched even for this game. The odds of it all coming together like that are way too crazy, especially from a crazy person like that.

But her romance path is surprisingly sweet, as much as it can be with an over the top religious loon. She's just a lonely and repressed person who is looking for some companionship after she wasted the best years of her life raising an absolute societal reject like Tommy. And she has to reconcile her beliefs with her attraction towards the MC.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Jolina is the linchpin to the plot, the email was sent from her shop, which started everything.
Ok, the Jolina theory now makes sense, I can see that. But I still hope she won't be some scheming bitch, I kind of like her... but the fortune teller may indeed have been a classical misdirection where you are meant to believe it's about Debbie and Katie... instead of Bella and Jolina. Actually, my first thought was Jolina... but then I thought to myself "nah"... it more likely refers to Debbie.
Is it possible though that Jolina has ties to Elaine instead? Not in any romantic way, but maybe professionally? Jolina seems to be quite competent when it comes to computers etc and maybe Elaine received help from her? And that this is why Elaine visited her coffee shop?

Well, my MC is involved with Katie (and probably Jenna) anyway and I think those two are 100% safe choices ;)

About Elaine, she has made a few huge mistakes. But I always believe in second chances and redemption. So I gave her the house. And I am pretty certain she will be the one who will give the MC some money, not that it matters to me, the whole inheritance subplot and all the money are just curiosities, it's interesting to see how it will all play out, but I don't even care one bit about not getting any money. The MC will not starve either way.

I never was on Theresa's path... so you say she's actually not as crazy as she sounds and kind of sweet? Maybe I will check it out in a "what if" scenario by using the quickstart. That was already at a point in the game where I tried to reduce the number of chainsaws to juggle, there are more than enough complications as is. One religious loon would only make things even more complicated.

Harlaw

Sep 21, 2019
Ok, the Jolina theory now makes sense, I can see that. But I still hope she won't be some scheming bitch, I kind of like her...
I think it's possible that Jolina is an unenthusiastic co-conspirator. If you're romancing her, there are several instances where she feels guilty and in her apartment scene in Chapter 20 she almost confesses some secret she's been hiding.

She's probably helping Bella either because she loves her or she's been promised a cut of the inheritance money to save her coffee shop.

Bella is the viper, the puppet master pulling the strings behind the scenes. She never once shows any sort of remorse for playing the MC even if you're romancing her. This is all assuming of course that the gold digger is in fact Bella, which is more likely than not imo.

Is it possible though that Jolina has ties to Elaine instead? Not in any romantic way, but maybe professionally? Jolina seems to be quite competent when it comes to computers etc and maybe Elaine received help from her? And that this is why Elaine visited her coffee shop?
Remember, the whole purpose of Jolina is to get you to screw over Elaine. She's the one who primes you into thinking that the email sender is some older tech illiterate woman. Then sends you some CCTV footage she happened to find and finally point the finger at Elaine just before you have to make a decision to hand the house over to her or not.

I think Elaine probably never even went to Jo's cafe. The email was sent by Jo at Bella's behest. If you let Bella stay at the BH at the end of Chapter 22, she tells you how Elaine supposedly lifted you contact info from your phone, but she could have done the same thing herself.

She lifts the info from MC's phone and gives it to her tech savvy partner who sends the email to Monica and kickstarts the whole plot.

Reactions: gabriel12345621

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Then sends you some CCTV footage she happened to find and finally point the finger at Elaine just before you have to make a decision to hand the house over to her or not.
I did ponder the possibility that the CCTV footage may be fake or manipulated.... because everything is so convenient. Just with the right timing, as you also point out.

Either way, this whole plot is certainly quite intriguing. Going all in with either Jolina and/or Bella is certainly playing with fire. While juggling chainsaws.

Another thing maybe... I told Bella at the beach house she can't stay in a what if scenario just to see how that will affect Jolina (I do let her stay in my actual playthrough), but Jo's very cold reaction was maybe also another clue. It wouldn't make sense why she would react like this if Bella is a complete stranger and instead would be more understanding why the MC felt it's not a good idea maybe to have Jolina and a "stranger" to her stay in the same house. This rang my alarm bells. So while I still like Jolina a lot (I really wanted to help her with her business problems etc), I don't trust her, Bella of course is entirely untrustworthy (unless it's all a red herring, still a possibility). But I think we will soon know more.

As long as Katie is not some kind of Manchurian Candidate like sleeper agent of the MC's father or so all will be fine anyway ;)

• Haha

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
I think it's possible that Jolina is an unenthusiastic co-conspirator. If you're romancing her, there are several instances where she feels guilty and in her apartment scene in Chapter 20 she almost confesses some secret she's been hiding.

She's probably helping Bella either because she loves her or she's been promised a cut of the inheritance money to save her coffee shop.

Bella is the viper, the puppet master pulling the strings behind the scenes. She never once shows any sort of remorse for playing the MC even if you're romancing her. This is all assuming of course that the gold digger is in fact Bella, which is more likely than not imo.

Remember, the whole purpose of Jolina is to get you to screw over Elaine. She's the one who primes you into thinking that the email sender is some older tech illiterate woman. Then sends you some CCTV footage she happened to find and finally point the finger at Elaine just before you have to make a decision to hand the house over to her or not.

I think Elaine probably never even went to Jo's cafe. The email was sent by Jo at Bella's behest. If you let Bella stay at the BH at the end of Chapter 22, she tells you how Elaine supposedly lifted you contact info from your phone, but she could have done the same thing herself.

She lifts the info from MC's phone and gives it to her tech savvy partner who sends the email to Monica and kickstarts the whole plot.
Yeah that seems possible because that both Jolina and especially Bella are so damn suspicious. I kanda hope that Jo is innocent because I like her. There is also a possibility that neither is guilty because they are just too suspicious and obvious. It would be fun if somebody, lets say Liliy is uber smart evil mastermind behind all of it. Even name Dizzy fits her. Although it's so ulikely and ridiculous that if it turns out to be true my head would literally explode on the spot.

• Haha

blobbo66

Apr 13, 2022
Ok so I started a new playthrough last night (probably my 10th :ROFLMAO:) then went to bed and came back with a fresh perspective on things. My first theory about it being the mom was a bit out there and this theory is no different.

If Elaine didn't clone the mcs phone details like Bella said then it would take some level of hacking to get into someone's emails and who do we all know and love that could do something like that?.......that cheeky little minx Jenna. I think she could easily fabricate digital evidence. There just seems to be something about her connection to jolina. Now i don't think she's doing anything to maliciously hurt the mc but im sure that there are some shenanigans afoot. So maybe Bella and jolina are in cahoots and they recruited the help of Jenna coz of her being an adorable tech savvy cutie. maybe Theresa had got suspicious and sent dogboy who is really a superspy (lol) to check things out coz it seems a bit suspicious that he went after jolina and jenna......unless its all bullshit and he just gets a woody over people who's name starts with a J :unsure:

Again i know the theory is way out there but ive played a lot of games, watched a lot of movies so i kinda always expect a huge WTF twist

4.40 star(s) 326 Votes