thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Having run through the game nearly eight times now (big shout out to Cheeky and Co for making characters this interesting with an engaging story; I'm a proud Patron) and with the endgame approaching I wanted to take the opportunity to pointless speculate and fantasy book where the story is going. Below is a series of observations and/or how I think they'll influence the direction of the game. Feel free to dissect and call out anything that seems off base or totally wrong lol.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good first post. I totally agree on your Jolina's theory (that's what I've been thinking since the last episode she appeared), but not on Elaine's and Bella's. Oh, and I completely disagree about Lily, haha.

Just one thing about Katie:

Reactions: Repuci

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

Hey All,

Episode 16 progress has been really good over the last week. Will definitely have enough content for a large episode for mid-December. However, I will use my "Dev discretion" and will decide to release at that point or push a little bit to add even more content. Want to squeeze in an extra character appearance but at the moment, our current scenes are already pushing us way over in length.
Episode 16 won't be like episode 15 where we get 1.5x episode and add 3 weeks to dev time. I'm currently thinking it will be a 1.2x episode (enough to get everything we want into it) and aim for a pre-christmas release.
I want to take a week off from the game over the Christmas period. I'm not religious but I am Irish so I have a lot of drinking to do over the holidays. So if the release goes too late into December i'll be even more pissed off than any of you, so I'm dedicated to making sure that does not happen.

Script-wise - We have about 3700 lines written out of a planned 4400. But... to finish off our existing scenes - it will definitely require us to go above 4400.
I expect to hit the 4500 mark by the end of this week with all artwork and animations to go with it. But it will be a very rough draft (our staff coder / error-checker is taking time off from the game in November /December due to RL stuff) so it will need a LOT of tidy-up.
And we will then have a good idea of what scenes we want to trim or extend or if we can squeeze in the extra appearance that we want.

Talk soon and let me know if any questions or comments. And as always thanks so much for your support.
further reading below....

The Game:
Some minor spoiler about gameplay below (no plot details, just some insight) but stop reading now if you want to remain completely in the dark.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

Hey All,

Episode 16 progress has been really good over the last week. Will definitely have enough content for a large episode for mid-December. However, I will use my "Dev discretion" and will decide to release at that point or push a little bit to add even more content. Want to squeeze in an extra character appearance but at the moment, our current scenes are already pushing us way over in length.
Episode 16 won't be like episode 15 where we get 1.5x episode and add 3 weeks to dev time. I'm currently thinking it will be a 1.2x episode (enough to get everything we want into it) and aim for a pre-christmas release.
I want to take a week off from the game over the Christmas period. I'm not religious but I am Irish so I have a lot of drinking to do over the holidays. So if the release goes too late into December i'll be even more pissed off than any of you, so I'm dedicated to making sure that does not happen.

Script-wise - We have about 3700 lines written out of a planned 4400. But... to finish off our existing scenes - it will definitely require us to go above 4400.
I expect to hit the 4500 mark by the end of this week with all artwork and animations to go with it. But it will be a very rough draft (our staff coder / error-checker is taking time off from the game in November /December due to RL stuff) so it will need a LOT of tidy-up.
And we will then have a good idea of what scenes we want to trim or extend or if we can squeeze in the extra appearance that we want.

Talk soon and let me know if any questions or comments. And as always thanks so much for your support.
further reading below....

The Game:
Some minor spoiler about gameplay below (no plot details, just some insight) but stop reading now if you want to remain completely in the dark.
Ah, the possible return of the anal gape queen
herself... I knew her, Horatio, a woman of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. ;)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Those spoilers are very intriguing yet very cryptic :unsure: sounds good though I'd love to finally find out who the mysterious gold digger actually is. Sorry if this has been asked already but will this update focus on any one girl?

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Those spoilers are very intriguing yet very cryptic :unsure: sounds good though I'd love to finally find out who the mysterious gold digger actually is. Sorry if this has been asked already but will this update focus on any one girl?
Nope. I think it is pretty well distributed between Debbie/Jolina/Bella/Elaine/? with a bit of Katie and possibly some Jenna (she is a stretch).

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Nope. I think it is pretty well distributed between Debbie/Jolina/Bella/Elaine/? with a bit of Katie and possibly some Jenna (she is a stretch).
Ahh okay that makes sense as the last update was pretty much focused on Monica and Katie, so would be nice to see more of the others especially Elaine and Bella.

Reactions: Abhai and mdmnsjs1

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Btw do you believe Elaine's sudden shift in attitude and niceness or did you not buy it?
Well the more I hear about the MC Father the more inclined I am to believe her I think she has changed and it's not all an act at least I hope it's not, but I think the last straw for her was to hear that she had been cheated on and for god knows how long that was going on, I feel as though she is a very scorned woman and I'd hope that it opened her eyes to see what a nasty piece of work he really was.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
You know, what if the last woman who has to participate in dad's will is Monica, and the only way she get's the money is by keeping mc and ending up with him? What if that was the only reason she let mc move into her place?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think it will be definitely someone that we know perhaps just for that shock factor if another unknown element is added I just don't think it will pull off that shock value, either way, it's quite the mystery of who this gold digger is.

Reactions: acewinz

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I think it will be definitely someone that we know perhaps just for that shock factor if another unknown element is added I just don't think it will pull off that shock value, either way, it's quite the mystery of who this gold digger is.
Yeah, and it's the one NO ONE thinks would do that, since so many people love her, so it would actually make a much bigger impact that the ones already mentioned. It would also make sense why she's been so nice to mc and why she was so willing to take him in without a second thought. Worst of all, we don't know anything about her past, and if she's the secret woman on the will, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities for her to appear nice and never show signs of manipulation, while in reality, everything she did was apart of her stipulations.

Reactions: Mormont

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Next update I think will create more new theories even as it hints at the truth. :)
I can see how Cheeky enjoys the suspense he creates so much now.

"Is this going to be som random nobody that I pull out of the woodwork in the very last episode? No.
Is it someone we have already met? Possibly. But by the end of Episode 16, we will have definitely met her. :)
Does the above mis-direction mean that we only meet her for the first time in episode 16? No. It is purposeful mis-direction. But I will confirm that everything I've written here is true."

^ All the above while true is just evil on his part. lol

Also surprised none of you asked about this little guy...
Debbie/Jolina/Bella/Elaine/? <-

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Yeah, and it's the one NO ONE thinks would do that, since so many people love her, so it would actually make a much bigger impact that the ones already mentioned. It would also make sense why she's been so nice to mc and why she was so willing to take him in without a second thought. Worst of all, we don't know anything about her past, and if she's the secret woman on the will, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities for her to appear nice and never show signs of manipulation, while in reality, everything she did was apart of her stipulations.
You can't possibly be referring to Monica right? :WutFace::HideThePain:

• Wow
Reactions: acewinz
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes