Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Guys! Just purge everyone. The whole update is in raw form out here.
We got coding kiddies around that can bake that RPY in a Ren”py SDK and run it for bugs.
The QC team can still ring in and tell you the faults.
They just do not need to get the next beta. Send them the script. That is it.
Put a filler immage where the trigger would get a scene to show.
They can put one RPA in their SDK and still do their job without actually receiving the scenes.

You're missing the point. I am at peace with the game being pirated. I got over that a few years back. My complaint is that this version isn't even worth pirating (it's a mess) but because we've lost the integrity of our QC team...it will now delay the release. I'll draw you a diagram if it helps!
You sound guilty...
Again. The feedback you can still get. We got the render farmer and the script kiddie around here.

Reactions: CheekyGimp

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019
At the end you are still complaining that it is being leaked. The channel and version (at least if it is playable, which this is not, I already checked) does not matter to a pirate site ;)

I understand your reasoning, but to me, this is the wrong platform to do it.
Not that I could even stop you, but just as you had to vent your frustration, I had to vent mine.
Not sure if a troll or just incredibly dumb
1648827922586.png

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
a simple question, why did the moderators in principle publish such a version ?
Maybe they are in on it? :D
After reading through the last pages I'm sure of 2 things:
- Some beta tester thought it would be fun to leak such an update without even an exe file on April 1st.
- The mods are in on it and contributed to this mistake in good faith.

I don't think the dev team knew anything about this (I hope so) because it indeed may make a bad impression on those downloading it for the first time. This could turn away potential new players unaware of what day it is.
But I also believe it was just a genuine mistake from some beta tester who didn't want to harm the devs, but just thought it would be a funny joke.
In any case, it's a bit sad that someone could be such a fool on April fool's :(

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
After reading through the last pages I'm sure of 2 things:
- Some beta tester thought it would be fun to leak such an update without even an exe file on April 1st.
- The mods are in on it and contributed to this mistake in good faith.

I don't think the dev team knew anything about this because it indeed may make a bad impression on those downloading it for the first time. This could turn away potential new players unaware of what day it is.
But I also believe it was just a genuine mistake from some beta tester who didn't want to harm the devs, but just thought it would be a funny joke.
In any case, it's a bit sad that someone could be such a fool on April fool's :(
Exactly, None of us devs had any clue it was happening. It has to be someone on the QC team because the E22.rpy was leaked too which only the QC have access to but the fact they put some shitty in there proves it was a bad joke o.0 I don't think the mods are in on it either :unsure:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
At the end you are still complaining that it is being leaked. The channel and version (at least if it is playable, which this is not, I already checked) does not matter to a pirate site ;)

I understand your reasoning, but to me, this is the wrong platform to do it.
Not that I could even stop you, but just as you had to vent your frustration, I had to vent mine.
I think you have missed the point. It was the release of something not ready for prime time. Not even functional, from what is posted here. Like buying a Tesla without the Engine. That would suck wouldn't it? It is not the Pirate site issue it was a trust issue. And some trusted agent was not trustworthy. They have a process to produce their product at an acceptable level of quality. That has now been trashed. It affects not just Cheeky and the team but, all the Patrons and all of us here.

Why is this a bad platform? It actually confirms that Cheeky has no issues with the Pirate site that he honestly engages with us here. It is precisely this action that destroys your entire argument. If you really understood his argument you would not have attempted to conflate his response. We are all frustrated by something. Next time just don't vent on someone that does not deserve it.

If you have not realized how hard they work just to be reasonable and respectable Devs you have not paid attention to the discussion here. I suggest you go over to the 'A Wife and Mother' main thread. You want to talk about raw hate from a dev that is what you will see. And he is 3 months late on delivery from his stated delivery date and just keeps on taking the cash. His current production rate (a game less than half done) will extend over the next 45 years. Yeah, I got a bridge in Brooklyn for you to buy. Just look up Lust and Passions posts. Then compare to the commentary and assistance that acewinz and CHeeky provide here. Literally 180 degrees out.

Last edited:

wizardcock

Feb 19, 2021
I don't think the dev team knew anything about this (I hope so) because it indeed may make a bad impression on those downloading it for the first time. This could turn away potential new players unaware of what day it is.
And it can ruin the experience for those who are waiting for the episode and have a very weak stamina and will just flip through the renders even without the exe-file.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
My complaint is that this version isn't even worth pirating (it's a mess) but because we've lost the integrity of our QC team
Haven't been paying attention to this thread for awhile now, what happened to the QC team that's slowed things down?

Edit: Now going through the comments for the last several pages and all i can say is, holy shit, purge your QC team of the bad apples before it gets worse.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Exactly, None of us devs had any clue it was happening. It has to be someone on the QC team because the E22.rpy was leaked too which only the QC have access to but the fact they put some shitty in there proves it was a bad joke o.0 I don't think the mods are in on it either :unsure:
If they weren't in the loop, they should make it a habit never to allow the publication of TEST game versions (it clearly says Ep 22 TEST in the thread's title right now).
I'm an unrepentant pirate, but even a pirate site like this should know better.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Oo, someone needs to check the definition of trolling.
If a post is trolling, it is Cheeky, because his complaining of a leaked version, and even trying to start a manhunt is absolutly the defiintion of trolling, for a community that depends on pirating versions.

And in case you missed it, I marked it here for you:
You need a chill pill. You are starting to create out of whole cloth. You have your "supposed" frustration and are running with that and there are no actual facts to back you.

Reactions: monk456

opfela

Jan 18, 2018
You're missing the point. Cheeky doesn't mind the game being leaked. He just doesn't want it leaked:

a) Before it is ready to be
b) By a trusted member of the team

Because this troll version was released it puts a bad name on the game and people will assosiate this bad leak with the game thinking that the game is bad.
Uff, for me a hard jump, to complain, associate problems with a leaked Test version, to a game developer. But if that is your reasoning. Be my guest.
Just dont ask to hunt a leaker on a pirate site.

I think you have missed the point. It was the release of something not ready for prime time. Not even functional, from what is posted here. Like buying a Tesla without the Engine. That would suck wouldn't it? It is not the Pirate site issue it was a trust issue. And some trusted agent was not trustworthy. They have a process to produce their product at an acceptable level of quality. That has now been trashed. It affects not just Cheeky and the team but, all the Patrons and all of us here.

Why is this a bad platform? It actually confirms that Cheeky has no issues with the Pirate site that he honestly engages with us here. It is precisely this action that destroys your entire argument. If you really understood his argument you would not have attempted to conflate his response. We are all frustrated by something. Next time just don't vent on someone that does not deserve it.

If you have not realized how hard they work just to be reasonable and respectable Devs you have not paid attention to the discussion here. I suggest you go over to the 'A Wife and Mother' main thread. You want to talk about raw hate from a dev that is what you will see. And he is 3 months late on delivery from his stated delivery date and just keeps on taking the cash. His current production rate (a game less than half done) will extend over the next 45 years. Yeah, I got a bridge in Brooklyn for you to buy. Just look up Lust and Passions posts. Then compare to the commentary and assistance that acewinz and CHeeky provide here. Literally 180 degrees out.
When he started he did not even know, in which state the leak is. And a QC version is playable. So no reason not to post it on a pirate site.

And you apparently missed my point, asking to put pressure on a fellow pirate on a pirate site, is against anything I can accept.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Oo, someone needs to check the definition of trolling.
If a post is trolling, it is Cheeky, because his complaining of a leaked version, and even trying to start a manhunt is absolutly the defiintion of trolling, for a community that depends on pirating versions.

And in case you missed it, I marked it here for you:
Ok. Then you're just being an asshole. That's my job and you're shitty at it. :ROFLMAO:

4.40 star(s) 324 Votes