Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
Which versions of the game do you have?
When I click on "about" in the menu it says" version ep16" and further it says "made with Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092."
I should also mention that I had played it on Gamcore then I encountered an error and when looking at the comments about the game I saw some people having the same issues and a guy said that downloading the game fixes all those issues and stuff. Which I did, but I didn't want to lose my progress so I exported my saves from Gamcore and I'm trying to import them into the game but I'm encountering errors. :/

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
When I click on "about" in the menu it says" version ep16" and further it says "made with Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092."
So if you have 1 version, there is no save file to create until you play the game and save. Have you started playing and saved?

Reactions: Glukov

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
So if you have 1 version, there is no save file to create until you play the game and save. Have you started playing and saved?
Yeah at first I hadn't launched a game and I couldn't find the "saves" folder. I thought to myself I should launch the game and save so the "saves" folder creates itself and it worked so I imported my saves in there but when I try to load them: error.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DMon1981

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
Yeah at first I hadn't launched a game and I couldn't find the "saves" folder. I thought to myself I should launch the game and save so the "saves" folder creates itself and it worked so I imported my saves in there but when I try to load them: error.
I think I get what your issue is. You have played a previous version, you now have version 16 and wanted to import your saves from the previous version. Is this correct?

If so, then what you do is copy your saves folder from previous version and place that in game folder.

Creating the save for 16 and then placing previous saves in that folder means the game cannot read the saves and gives you the list of errors.

Azazeal

Apr 17, 2018
I wasn't expecting on playing the update till April anyway. So are you guys gonna skip the beta and just put out the full release?
I doubt that. Beta's are a necessary step of the process. Imagine a broken/buggy update being released after so long.

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
I think I get what your issue is. You have played a previous version, you now have version 16 and wanted to import your saves from the previous version. Is this correct?

If so, then what you do is copy your saves folder from previous version and place that in game folder.

Creating the save for 16 and then placing previous saves in that folder means the game cannot read the saves and gives you the list of errors.
Well actually I checked back to see on what version I was playing on and I was actually on "Version ep16" and "Made with Ren'Py 7.3.5.606." so I think I'm trying to load saves on an older version than what I played on.

• Thinking Face

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
Well actually I checked back to see on what version I was playing on and I was actually on "Version ep16" and "Made with Ren'Py 7.3.5.606." so I think I'm trying to load saves on an older version than what I played on.
I'm not sure if the version of renpy is an issue. I have played two versions of this game, ep15 and ep16.

So on my first episode I had episodes 1 - 15. So had saves from this. Then I downloaded ep16 which is episodes 1- 16.

What I did was copy Saves from ep15 and pasted them into the game folder of ep16 and started my play from that point.

Now in theory you should do the same as me, copy your save folder from the last time you played into the Game folder of this version and it should work.

So if you still have the copy of the save from your last play, delete the save folder for this ep16 so no save folder in game, then paste save into Game folder.

If you do not have copy of previous save, go into save folder and copy the save folder and then delete and paste into Game folder.

Now when you start your game again and go to load a save, the game will recognise the file path as it is looking for saves in the save folder and not saves in the save folder within the save folder.

Hope this helps.

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
I'm not sure if the version of renpy is an issue. I have played two versions of this game, ep15 and ep16.

So on my first episode I had episodes 1 - 15. So had saves from this. Then I downloaded ep16 which is episodes 1- 16.

What I did was copy Saves from ep15 and pasted them into the game folder of ep16 and started my play from that point.

Now in theory you should do the same as me, copy your save folder from the last time you played into the Game folder of this version and it should work.

So if you still have the copy of the save from your last play, delete the save folder for this ep16 so no save folder in game, then paste save into Game folder.

If you do not have copy of previous save, go into save folder and copy the save folder and then delete and paste into Game folder.

Now when you start your game again and go to load a save, the game will recognise the file path as it is looking for saves in the save folder and not saves in the save folder within the save folder.

Hope this helps.
The thing is I downloaded files from Gamcore and it downloaded me a .zip folder and when I extract it there's a normal folder called "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503" and when I open there are my saves, like the actual save files. And even if I put this folder named "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503" in the game folder and rename it saves it doesn't work. :/

• Thinking Face

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
The thing is I downloaded files from Gamcore and it downloaded me a .zip folder and when I extract it there's a normal folder called "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503" and when I open there are my saves, like the actual save files. And even if I put this folder named "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503" in the game folder and rename it saves it doesn't work. :/
I have just checked that out and it should still work, we just need to work it out.

You have unzipped the folder from Gamcore?

So delete the contents of the save file but leave the save folder in place. Copy the contents from you Gamcore Unzipped file, (The actual files, not the folder,) place these in the save file.

Then this will allow the game to read the saves hopefully.

Last edited:

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
I have just checked that out and it should still work, we just need to work it out.

So delete the contents of the save file but leave the save folder in place. Copy the contents from you Gamcore Unzipped file, (The actual files, not the folder,) place these in the save file.

Yep, I have, inside there's this folder named "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503". And by the way, thank you for helping me!

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020

Well, I have copied the save files that were inside the folder "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503" that was inside my Gamcore zipped file called "savegames". I have deleted the only save file (called "persistent") that was in the "saves" folder of the game and I pasted the save files from my Gamcore game. Unfortunately, still errors. :/

• Thinking Face

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
Yep, I have, inside there's this folder named "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503". And by the way, thank you for helping me!
Yes, but you only need the files copying into the save folder not the folder that comes from the unzipped folder. Because the name of the folder is throwing the game off from finding the files.

So to repeat, the save folder you created delete everything in that folder so it is empty. Copy the files only from folder "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503" not the entire folder and place them in the saves folder.

Then the game should be able to read the save files as it is looking at the correct file path.

If you have the game open while you do this close it down and restart the game to take the changes into effect.

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
Well, I have copied the save files that were inside the folder "WhereTheHeartIs-1519902503" that was inside my Gamcore zipped file called "savegames". I have deleted the only save file (called "persistent") that was in the "saves" folder of the game and I pasted the save files from my Gamcore game. Unfortunately, still errors. :/
Well in that case I'm stuck for ideas.

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
I always keep the game closed when I'm making changes so no worries about that. Well too bad for me guess I'll have to watch a playthrough because I don't really want to redo everything to where I was. Anyway thank you so much for trying to help me !

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
This is what's written as an error while I try to launch the most recent save, if you're interested.
Again thank you for the help!
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 910, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 845, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\loadsave.py", line 729, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\loadsave.py", line 62, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Where The Heart Is Ep16
Thu Apr 02 23:57:52 2020

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
This is what's written as an error while I try to launch the most recent save, if you're interested.
Again thank you for the help!
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 910, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 845, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\loadsave.py", line 729, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "C:\Users\David Hasselhoff\Desktop\truc\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep16-pc-compressed\renpy\loadsave.py", line 62, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Where The Heart Is Ep16
Thu Apr 02 23:57:52 2020
Sorry I could not help, that means as much to me as you said it meant to you. Good luck.

Glukov

Apr 2, 2020
Sorry I could not help, that means as much to me as you said it meant to you. Good luck.
Don't worry you tried your best and I really appreciate you trying ! It's not a big deal I'm just kind of disappointed as I was doing MY story MY way and I was happy with the results and I like the game, the story, the characters, until the errors. Have you played it ?

• Love

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
Don't worry you tried your best and I really appreciate you trying ! It's not a big deal I'm just kind of disappointed as I was doing MY story MY way and I was happy with the results and I like the game, the story, the characters, until the errors. Have you played it ?
Yes, I am patiently waiting for ep17.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes