WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
Well the devs were nice enough to put in the option to start at any chapter and decide who we're romancing and who we weren't. So when it all blows up in the MC's face we won't have to replay the entire game. So no harm in being a man whore with the ability to do that.

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Anyone willing to share the dev update from yesterday?

Hi All,
Just wanted to share a status update on episode 20.
Beach house / morning after: Artwork & script complete (just needs some testing)
Jenna / Jolina scenes: Script 70% complete, artwork complete (with the exceptions of a few anims)
Dogboy / Roger / Natasha scenes: 100% complete (artwork, anims and script) and it's been fully tested.
Elaine scene - just getting started.
So overall, I would say we are approx. 65% done. BUT we expect progress over the next couple of weeks to speed up so still very much on course for a March release.
Over the past two months, we were practically a man down from our 3 man-team (due to some real life stuff) AND we've been putting a LOT of work into expanding the team and have auditioned over 40 people. After this exhaustive process, we are delighted to welcome a new artist to the team: Maple. Maple brings a lot of image and animation experience to the team (plus some game design / coding experience) so we are delighted to have them.
And I hope to introduce a new writer very soon too (he has been identified, just waiting to finalize a few things before announcing).
So the team of 3 is hopefully expanding to a team of 5. This will really help us lessen the blow of any one person being unable to work on the game due to real life stuff (1 in 5 impact, rather than 1 in 3) or if the unthinkable happens and we lose one of the team, it means we won't grind to a halt. But thankfully no plans for anyone to leave (Ace and Cell are still securely locked up in my basement). This expansion of the team should also help us get our production time down to 2 months instead of the current cycle of 3 months.

On that note, it is just not possible to get our cycle down to 1 month due to the amount of dialog, choices, branches, variables and the amount of art we squeeze into every episode. The rendering (PC/GPU) time alone for episode 19 was over 600 hours. If we release every month, we just wouldn't have a decent playable episode, so our target for the rest of 2021 is two months. I'm not guaranteeing we can/will hit this but it is what we are aiming for.
We have also expanded our proof-reader / branch testing / QC team and are going to release each scene to them as soon as we finish the individual scene. This should cut down on the amount of testing time needed before release once the episode is complete.
One other point to note is that no matter how much we expand the team, there will always be somewhat of a bottleneck because I don't like to release any piece of script or art without me personally analyzing, scrutinizing, tweaking (and generally pissing of the other artist / writer by constantly asking for edits / re-dos). It would probably make things go quicker if I just concentrated on the art/writing for my specific scenes but on the other hand, I also feel we could end up diverging too much from scene to scene if we don't have a common thread tying everything together. So in summary my control-freak nature will always add some time to the development regardless of team size.
Also (for anyone interested) - Just to give you some insight into WTHI and what makes it different from almost all other games out there is the amount of branching, variables, options that we give. Even though the morning/after beach house scene for episode 20 is a relatively small scene, it was an absolute nightmare to write. For example (and this doesn't include all variables checked/tracked in this scene)....
For the beach-house sequence in episode 19, there were 8 possible ending scenarios, there were at least 5 different relationship status' with Katie and 4 each with Debbie and Lily plus different options for the Lily / Debbie relationship.
And for anyone that knows anything about probability, that is 19x8x.....(you get the idea) differences.
So trying to tie off a lot of those path options in episode 20 AND give another 5 after-the fact options, I hope you can understand why it's not just a matter of sitting down and typing out a few lines of dialog.
Yes, this is a monster of our own making but it's also one of the things that makes our game unique.

Finally: I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who is currently supporting this game or anyone who has supported it previously.
Thanks,

CG

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018

Hi All,
Just wanted to share a status update on episode 20.
Beach house / morning after: Artwork & script complete (just needs some testing)
Jenna / Jolina scenes: Script 70% complete, artwork complete (with the exceptions of a few anims)
Dogboy / Roger / Natasha scenes: 100% complete (artwork, anims and script) and it's been fully tested.
Elaine scene - just getting started.
So overall, I would say we are approx. 65% done. BUT we expect progress over the next couple of weeks to speed up so still very much on course for a March release.
Over the past two months, we were practically a man down from our 3 man-team (due to some real life stuff) AND we've been putting a LOT of work into expanding the team and have auditioned over 40 people. After this exhaustive process, we are delighted to welcome a new artist to the team: Maple. Maple brings a lot of image and animation experience to the team (plus some game design / coding experience) so we are delighted to have them.
And I hope to introduce a new writer very soon too (he has been identified, just waiting to finalize a few things before announcing).
So the team of 3 is hopefully expanding to a team of 5. This will really help us lessen the blow of any one person being unable to work on the game due to real life stuff (1 in 5 impact, rather than 1 in 3) or if the unthinkable happens and we lose one of the team, it means we won't grind to a halt. But thankfully no plans for anyone to leave (Ace and Cell are still securely locked up in my basement). This expansion of the team should also help us get our production time down to 2 months instead of the current cycle of 3 months.

On that note, it is just not possible to get our cycle down to 1 month due to the amount of dialog, choices, branches, variables and the amount of art we squeeze into every episode. The rendering (PC/GPU) time alone for episode 19 was over 600 hours. If we release every month, we just wouldn't have a decent playable episode, so our target for the rest of 2021 is two months. I'm not guaranteeing we can/will hit this but it is what we are aiming for.
We have also expanded our proof-reader / branch testing / QC team and are going to release each scene to them as soon as we finish the individual scene. This should cut down on the amount of testing time needed before release once the episode is complete.
One other point to note is that no matter how much we expand the team, there will always be somewhat of a bottleneck because I don't like to release any piece of script or art without me personally analyzing, scrutinizing, tweaking (and generally pissing of the other artist / writer by constantly asking for edits / re-dos). It would probably make things go quicker if I just concentrated on the art/writing for my specific scenes but on the other hand, I also feel we could end up diverging too much from scene to scene if we don't have a common thread tying everything together. So in summary my control-freak nature will always add some time to the development regardless of team size.
Also (for anyone interested) - Just to give you some insight into WTHI and what makes it different from almost all other games out there is the amount of branching, variables, options that we give. Even though the morning/after beach house scene for episode 20 is a relatively small scene, it was an absolute nightmare to write. For example (and this doesn't include all variables checked/tracked in this scene)....
For the beach-house sequence in episode 19, there were 8 possible ending scenarios, there were at least 5 different relationship status' with Katie and 4 each with Debbie and Lily plus different options for the Lily / Debbie relationship.
And for anyone that knows anything about probability, that is 19x8x.....(you get the idea) differences.
So trying to tie off a lot of those path options in episode 20 AND give another 5 after-the fact options, I hope you can understand why it's not just a matter of sitting down and typing out a few lines of dialog.
Yes, this is a monster of our own making but it's also one of the things that makes our game unique.

Finally: I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who is currently supporting this game or anyone who has supported it previously.
Thanks,

CG
To elaborate on Cheeky's post above. I was the one busy with RL last month, sorry. :p Wife had a minor operation and I spent more time than normal looking after her and the boy.

Bright side though, her new tits look great!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She's fine btw in any event and I'm back in the basement writing.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
To elaborate on Cheeky's post above. I was the one busy with RL last month, sorry. :p Wife had a minor operation and I spent more time than normal looking after her and the boy.

Bright side though, her new tits look great!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She's fine btw in any event and I'm back in the basement writing.
Cool! (about the cyborg part, not the "she needed a operation part :) )

I've had this convo in several threads lately about the devs being away for a while. Real life happens, nothing to apologize for and nothing that needs explaining. We are all human (well, apart from your wife...). People that complain about it goes straight to the ignore list...

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So what's the deal with episode 9, exactly how many exclamation points are they trying to fit into that one episode? I realty hope it get dialed back. Its like everyone should be bouncing off the walls.

The conversation in the car with Jenna that exclamation point shows up 22 times, in just that scene.

Last edited:

Benares

May 12, 2017

...But thankfully no plans for anyone to leave (Ace and Cell are still securely locked up in my basement)......
CG
Poor Ace, it doesn't matter if it's Cheeky's or Ava's, he's always in a basement. Does the librarian have a basement too?

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

Sille

Jan 5, 2021
By extracting the files an error occurred: "CRC failed .." .. (in pc / game / E14 / E14S4_40.jpg) ... and the extraction is not completed .. I simply close and install the game as it is, or what needs to be done ?! Thanks!

UPDATE: I installed it as it is... it´s started, but has no sound at all..

2021-03-05 17_51_56-100% Extracting G__...........DOWN ... eartIs-Ep19-pc.zip.jpg

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 324 Votes