• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RobZombi3

Donor
Oct 15, 2019
So many that want their cake and to eat it too. :) Keep the hope alive brothers and the odd sister! In the mean time keep ducking and dodging... I have a feeling things are gonna start getting bumpier.
Damn, I am currently playing the game with that playthrough mode and kinda going free for all content as mode mostly suggest to. Probably need a new save for faithful one route (Katie of course)

Reactions: TheFurs and acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
The walkthrough on the OP (not the mod) doesn't have the extended scene with Wanda if you went all the way during EP 7. So I'm looking for one that has that.
Ah I see. You could try Phal's walkthough from our paetron (think it's a 10$ tier perk) or
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
You can always deny dating or sex with a char before it begins, and after there are points where you can break off the relationships, change their nature sometimes (fling, romance, or by messing around and getting caught). Cheeky and co. did a great job of leaving that kinda stuff up to the player and we plan on continuing that. This is all regardless of what points you accumulate, although generally hitting on characters to generate lust points can lead into their pants (if you don't say no) and some may assume a relationship (kinda like real life, go figs lol).

As far as the single play through question. I figure your trying to have a main save you can use to go back and cut down replay time and see all the content while remaining loyal? It's not really gonna work. There is a lot of branching that happens throughout that will cause you to miss content as you go if your not seeing a girl, and some you will miss if your not seeing several of them at once. The good news is our guy Phalzyr has a mod that will help with that.
https://f95zone.to/threads/where-the-heart-is-ep-15-cheekygimp.10549/page-291#post-1764985
I'm actually very happy that you all thought about keep it open-ended enough for so that players don't get railroaded. In many VN's I see the MC (and players by proxy) getting forced into sleeping or cheating with a character which I find strange given the choice-heavy nature of the medium! In RPGs and VN's with romance options I tend to select flirt dialogue with most of the available characters but never commit and friendzone/reject them all haha. For some though I do an individual playthrough focusing only on that character like I'll do here atleast for Katie.

Thanks for going in-depth with your reply. This is exactly what I wanted to know and I think instead of getting that mod I'll rather replay by some skipping in between because I am enjoying the dialogue way too much. Especially the chats between Katie and MC are really good and feel very natural. Their jabs at each other are funny as hell!

Also I just realised that Jolina is Naomi Watts haha

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I'm actually very happy that you all thought about keep it open-ended enough for so that players don't get railroaded. In many VN's I see the MC (and players by proxy) getting forced into sleeping or cheating with a character which I find strange given the choice-heavy nature of the medium! In RPGs and VN's with romance options I tend to select flirt dialogue with most of the available characters but never commit and friendzone/reject them all haha. For some though I do an individual playthrough focusing only on that character like I'll do here atleast for Katie.

Thanks for going in-depth with your reply. This is exactly what I wanted to know and I think instead of getting that mod I'll rather replay by some skipping in between because I am enjoying the dialogue way too much. Especially the chats between Katie and MC are really good and feel very natural. Their jabs at each other are funny as hell!

Also I just realised that Jolina is Naomi Watts haha
I hear ya. Often some games use forced relationships to generate drama/excitement, but we figure we can manage that with the backstory... and giving you enough options to get yourself into trouble without our taking a hand. ;) Although I have heard tales of strange masochistic players who go through choosing none of the girls... I think they may die of blueballs before the game finishes though, but it's their choice. :D You have all been warned though!

stupidcat

May 20, 2018
Is there a route-a-route walktrough or something like that? I planned do make solo routes and was wondering if theres content for only one chick route. Just like DmD, in the D route theres unique features.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Is there a route-a-route walktrough or something like that? I planned do make solo routes and was wondering if theres content for only one chick route. Just like DmD, in the D route theres unique features.
There are a lot of variations if you are seeing one girl or many (or even just being nice to them as opposed to ignoring them) and it does affect the dialog and options with said girls to some degree even if they don't know about one another (and a whole lot if they do find out).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
WTHI has the most variation in this way I know of and I've played a lot of these types of games. Including DMD which is awesome too imho.

I can say that generally you will miss less or even no intimate/major scenes while pursuing more/all girls up to this point (although you will have to be a good liar and a cheat to not get caught), although we are entering the phase where that may not maintain. IE so far choosing to go out or sleep with girl A, won't inhibit you from seeing the next scene with girl B because you were "busy", unless you mess up and get caught in a lie and they both leave you heartbroken and possibly emasculated. This is usually apparent when it happens. :p In other words so far none of the scenes happen simultaneously, if you miss a potential scene it's because you didn't have enough lust/relationship points (which the game tells you), you were cheating and got caught so they broke up with you (then their scenes change or doesn't occur), or you were simply not going after a girl at all based on your choices so it skips the date/opportunities with them that are not part of something else in the overall plot.

That make sense? You could also open up the .rpy files for the episodes in the game folder and look for the "if" command statements that there are hundreds/thousands of that make the game dynamic and hopefully very replayable.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
In Episode 8 right now and damn is Natasha a terrible person. Is it possible to screw with Natasha without actually screwing her? Or do I have to fail on purpose when going to the basement and end it there?

D

Deleted member 876732

Do I have to download the entire game again or is there a patch?

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Do I have to download the entire game again or is there a patch?
Cheeky has talked about possiby doing patches along with full versions since the game is getting on in size. We need to discuss the possibility with our code wizard Phalzyr first (hes been a bit busy with some important RL stuff atm) and maybe Cheeky will do a paetron poll after if its viable for us. In the mean time gotta do as NotThea says, and don't forget to copy over your save games folder before deleting. :)

4.40 star(s) 321 Votes