VN Others Completed White Album 2 Introductory & Closing Chapter + Specials [v1.0.0.2] [Leaf]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Hmmm. Is it normal, that if i check the game version in the menu after running it, it says it's version 1.0.0?
Yes, that is the version of the game, not the version of the translation patch. You just have to make sure you used the latest version of the patch being 1.0.2.0.

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
Yes, that is the version of the game, not the version of the translation patch. You just have to make sure you used the latest version of the patch being 1.0.2.0.
I didn't patch anything, only downloaded the (i suppose) already patched game from one of the download links.
Btw, i wanted to use the torrent, but... i have no idea how to use that link. When i click on it, it goes to a white page with about 8 billion characters from all the languages in the world in a full wall of gibberish. Any ideas what i did wrong there? (i mean, i just clicked the link, lol, but apparently this is something i managed to f up anyways)

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
I didn't patch anything, only downloaded the (i suppose) already patched game from one of the download links.
Btw, i wanted to use the torrent, but... i have no idea how to use that link. When i click on it, it goes to a white page with about 8 billion characters from all the languages in the world in a full wall of gibberish. Any ideas what i did wrong there? (i mean, i just clicked the link, lol, but apparently this is something i managed to f up anyways)
You have to right click the link and select "save link as" like it says in the parenthesis. I do suggest patching the game with the latest version of the patch if you can.

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
You have to right click the link and select "save link as" like it says in the parenthesis. I do suggest patching the game with the latest version of the patch if you can.
Ah, thanks, now it makes sense. Havn't seen links like this before, but i guess i learned something. Thanks for the help.

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
I was wondering...
The prompt signaling the end of the line sometimes switches to a snowflake instead of the standard paper sheet thing. And sometimes a small bookmark in the lower left corner of the screen.
Is there anything special i should know about these signs? The snowflake might just be the marker for lines that aren't finished, but their latter half is being held back for impact, or something. But i have no idea about the little bookmark...

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
about the paper sheet thingy.it is the "line you already read" indicator. some guy in discord says that some lines are divided in two because the teXt are too large and the game considers those two lines as if its one line thus the paper thingy appears.

Dec 1, 2019
I don't have much hope since I don't see anyone talking about issues with the game, but has anyone else experienced the game just shutting down on them on game start?

The game auto shuts itself down right after I hit new game. I've tried it with basic patch install as well as with all the extras, but the game appears to have no intention of allowing me to play.

It also doesn't even get past the splash screen unless I've got it in compatibility mode for windows 7/8.

John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
Does anyone know if White Album 1 was fully translated? And will the extended version of White album 2 be translated?

nekim

Sep 16, 2017
I don't have much hope since I don't see anyone talking about issues with the game, but has anyone else experienced the game just shutting down on them on game start?

The game auto shuts itself down right after I hit new game. I've tried it with basic patch install as well as with all the extras, but the game appears to have no intention of allowing me to play.

It also doesn't even get past the splash screen unless I've got it in compatibility mode for windows 7/8.
:

"Edit: Seems like a few people are experiencing crashes on startup or while starting new game. Delete d3d9.dll (this will remove audio only subtitles) until we can fix this issue. Most people don't have this issue."

EDIT: if you did NOT use translation version 1.0.2.0 patch you can give it a try before deleting/renaming d3d9.dll.

Does anyone know if White Album 1 was fully translated? And will the extended version of White album 2 be translated?
According to White Album 1 is not translated.

Yes, it does. However, the extra content has yet to be translated. (from todokanaitl FAQ)

Last edited:

John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
:

"Edit: Seems like a few people are experiencing crashes on startup or while starting new game. Delete d3d9.dll (this will remove audio only subtitles) until we can fix this issue. Most people don't have this issue."

EDIT: if you did NOT use translation version 1.0.2.0 patch you can give it a try before deleting/renaming d3d9.dll.

According to White Album 1 is not translated.

Yes, it does. However, the extra content has yet to be translated. (from todokanaitl FAQ)
Do you know if it's currently being translated?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
No one is currently working on White Album 1. The team that worked on White Album 2 still plans to translate the . They are taking a bit of a break since WA2 was a huge project, but they have expressed they may consider doing WA1 in the future.

John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
No one is currently working on White Album 1. The team that worked on White Album 2 still plans to translate the . They are taking a bit of a break since WA2 was a huge project, but they have expressed they may consider doing WA1 in the future.
Well that's a bummer. It would have made sense to translate the first one as well, so those who aren't able to read japanse can read it too. Hopefully someone decides to translate.

Sep 12, 2021
Well that's a bummer. It would have made sense to translate the first one as well, so those who aren't able to read japanse can read it too. Hopefully someone decides to translate.
I hear the first one is shit just like its anime adaptation. WA1 sole reason for existence is that so we could have WA2.

John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
I hear the first one is shit just like its anime adaptation. WA1 sole reason for existence is that so we could have WA2.
Really? I haven't had a chance to watch the anime adaptation. Why was the adatation and VN terrible? Was it the lack of story and character development?

Sep 12, 2021
Really? I haven't had a chance to watch the anime adaptation. Why was the adatation and VN terrible? Was it the lack of story and character development?
It's just a jumbled mess of plot points that go absolutely nowhere. There are times when you think that the show is going in an interesting direction but then it just fizzles out. There lots of things that aren't explained at all or that are very poorly explained. It's like the studio was winging it episode by episode hoping that something will come out of it eventually.

The MC is also nothing but a dick with legs fucking everything that moves. But the problem isn't that he's a scumbag, it's that he has zero personality whatsoever. He also makes all the wrong possible decisions but never suffers any consequences. At least the guy in School Days got his comeuppance. There's this infuriating scene in the last episode which was the cherry on top of the whole turd when one of the girls tells him that everyone loves him because of what a great guy he is! I get that chicks love douchebags but this guy had ZERO charisma.

The only reason why I gave WA2 a shot after that was that I heard that the difference between them was like night and day. And then I found out why 1 is shit and 2 is a masterpiece: they had different authors. The first guy had almost no experience in writing, whereas the second one was already a well established author.

To quote a review from vndb: WA1 walked so that WA2 could run. Only I'd replace "walk" with "crawl on the ground with broken limbs".

John Tuckbye

Jun 18, 2018
It's just a jumbled mess of plot points that go absolutely nowhere. There are times when you think that the show is going in an interesting direction but then it just fizzles out. There lots of things that aren't explained at all or that are very poorly explained. It's like the studio was winging it episode by episode hoping that something will come out of it eventually.

The MC is also nothing but a dick with legs fucking everything that moves. But the problem isn't that he's a scumbag, it's that he has zero personality whatsoever. He also makes all the wrong possible decisions but never suffers any consequences. At least the guy in School Days got his comeuppance. There's this infuriating scene in the last episode which was the cherry on top of the whole turd when one of the girls tells him that everyone loves him because of what a great guy he is! I get that chicks love douchebags but this guy had ZERO charisma.

The only reason why I gave WA2 a shot after that was that I heard that the difference between them was like night and day. And then I found out why 1 is shit and 2 is a masterpiece: they had different authors. The first guy had almost no experience in writing, whereas the second one was already a well established author.

To quote a review from vndb: WA1 walked so that WA2 could run. Only I'd replace "walk" with "crawl on the ground with broken limbs".
Oh I see. Wow. well then I'm glad they didn't bother doing a translation for the first game. I appreciate the feed back. I'll definitely have to play WA2 when I get the chance.

Last edited:

castor212

Aug 12, 2020
I was wondering...
The prompt signaling the end of the line sometimes switches to a snowflake instead of the standard paper sheet thing. And sometimes a small bookmark in the lower left corner of the screen.
Is there anything special i should know about these signs? The snowflake might just be the marker for lines that aren't finished, but their latter half is being held back for impact, or something. But i have no idea about the little bookmark...
I do believe it signifies a line that you have read already.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes