Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, it is so much better when its voiced. Loved cercey and tyrion, and joffrey? Holy shit.

Though, to be honest, I had a weirdest deja vu and though I was listening to this cunt:

1680387585136.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: FunFiction

AnonVT

May 31, 2018
I continue to be impressed by Sansa's model. It's fantastic in the body department. She could use a little prettying up though.
I applaud the effort for the dub, but I don't think the software you used (11, right?) is very good for this since it was trained on audio books. All characters speak as if reading from a text.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I applaud the effort for the dub, but I don't think the software you used (11, right?) is very good for this since it was trained on audio books. All characters speak as if reading from a text.
I wasn't the one doing the dubbing, but I can tell you from long experience with text-to-speech systems (dating back to the Votrax I programmed in college in the late 1970's) that it's VERY hard to get decent inflection out of them. They tend to sound as if they're reading from text precisely because that's what the speech systems have as input - just text, for the most part.

In order to get them to inflect, you have to annotate the text will LOTS of "make this higher-pitched," "make this louder" etc. Very tedious and time-consuming. Plus, since many of the text-to-speech systems charge you by the number of characters translated, it can be costly, as each individual attempt at translation costs you another set of characters.

So, just be aware that this is a non-trivial technical issue. I actually think that FunFiction did a pretty good job of this, particularly given that it was (as I understand it) his first major involvement with this kind of dubbing. Could it have come out better? Probably, but it would have taken a LOT more effort, which would have come out of the work on the next episode.

Just saying...

3.80 star(s) 30 Votes