Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Thanks, yes it's just one writer and his wife, he's writing the story and they both together do the artwork. I'm just the programmer ;)
Thanks for the review :D Good luck with the lottery :D:)
What does the lottery entail exactly, like, what's the reward (wasn't aware of a lottery, hence the question)? :p
And you're welcome, all of you, the whole team, send my praises to the happy couple too :)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hi @Zontany, sorry it took so long to reply... the wife let me out of the house to go and play and wasn't able to get back here till now.

You are getting the errors that you are getting, because you don't have the base game installed... only 0.5.2.0 and the correction patch of 0.5.2.1... think of each update (with the exception of the patch released yesterday) as a chapter of a novel with all of the content contained for that chapter within the update... so, for the game to work completely as it needs to, you need to download the base game 0.4.4.1 through 0.5.2.1 and combine the packages together.

Honestly, to make it absolutely easiest on you, I'd suggest just downloading this: Official, compressed, pre-patched version 0.5.2.0: and then downloading Patch v0.5.2.0 to v0.5.2.1 and extract and overwrite the files inside of the 0.5.2.0 folder and you are good to go!
Still wouldn't work, you're making the installation so complicated tbh
p.S.: The files mentioned by @ASLPro3D were actually for Mac, so if you have a windows pc you can't use thoses files @Bella Fleps you'd need to download these two files:
1st:
2nd:

download and extract the first file, then download and extract the 2nd file click on "Overwrite All" if you're asked to do so (You should be asked else read the how to in the first post here [Installation Instructions] or watch the video I made for you guys)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
What does the lottery entail exactly, like, what's the reward (wasn't aware of a lottery, hence the question)? :p
And you're welcome, all of you, the whole team, send my praises to the happy couple too :)
Actually this one:

Prizes will be...
1st Place: $100 ONLINE gift card
2nd Place: $75 ONLINE gift card
3rd Place: $50 ONLINE gift card

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Actually this one:

Prizes will be...
1st Place: $100 ONLINE gift card
2nd Place: $75 ONLINE gift card
3rd Place: $50 ONLINE gift card
Oooh haha, that's a cool one, and if you guys indeed are the first to pull something like this off, this could even further the popularity of the VN and you guys in general, but of course it's most of all just something to give back to the people, which is always appreciated :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
We thought it was a nice idea :) I mean why not? It's like a birthday celebration since Wicked Choices will be one year old then :D
Rather unusual lifespan than, most games don't last that long, in part because many just abandon their products and it's still going strong and more updates still coming, haha, but it's not surprising at all how this VN has managed to go on for so long, successfully at that, and I believe it's still gaining more and more popularity, if that's not a testament of the VNs quality, I don't know what is :)

I'm going to have to create those rolling fan sigs and have Wicked Choices as one of them to do my part promoting the VN :)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Could go better, but that's everywhere the same I guess :D It's alright so far and we have a great core fanbase :) Not so many children playing the game (Which is a good thing for my personal sanity at least ;) ) And it's slowly but steadily going up for us. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Just played this for the first time from start to the current version's finish, as it was highly suggested to me, and I have to say that the story is just damn awesome, it's very well written, an awesome erotic fantasy story. Now, there were some kinks that weren't to my liking, such as hinted bestiality, hinted cheating, group sex and semi BDSM, but they didn't put me off too much because such scenes I just skip over (I really do have an issue with such kinks), but other than that, this is really really good, artwork is gorgeous too and I'm especially grateful that all the body types are realistic and natural, no over sized tits or even ridiculously big dicks (in example the dicks in Battle of the Bulges are ridiculous, so long that they'd be somewhere in the chest cavity doing serious damage and causing internal bleeding, and so thick that vaginas should literally tear apart, it's just ridiculous, haha), even the MC looks like a man rather than a 12 year old boy.
So yeah, this is a very well made VN, top notch.

P.S. Usually I'd very much like the sex scenes to be animated, but in this VN I actually found the narrations more exciting and arousing even, reading what's happening and picturing it in the head, let my imagination work it, haha, yeah, a rare case where I actually prefer it this way :)
Wow, thank you so much @Eerie Entity for the very kind words on our work, story and game!!

Like you, there are some subjects that I don't get into when it comes to fetishes, but we wanted to create a game that could be inclusive to a multitude of players, subject wise and tailored a story that would enable that ability.

Also, it was very, very, very, VERY important for us to have realistic models and characters, as... like you... I really dislike (with a passion) impossible sized breasts and penises in games!! Nothing pulls me out of immersion in a game quicker than a dick that is as long as a child's arm... and I just avoid downloading any game where the woman's breasts are larger than her damn head!!

So it was very important for us to make the characters natural/realistic sized, but also unique looking from other characters that are currently being used by other games. ;)

Done deal, and I even had to add a little bit more to it to emphasize the quality of the story, you have some very skilled and imaginative writers in your team, or A writer if it's just one, not a lot of VNs focus this much on story, most focus on character/relationship development and dynamics, but here the story is clearly in the main role with beautiful art pretty much to just back it up, top work here! :)
I really, really, really appreciate the praise on my writing and the story!

For me, when deciding to create a game, it was very important to me to build a unique world and story that players could immerse and lose themselves in. The last thing that I wanted to do was create a stock, cookie-cutter story/game of "boy meets girl, boy corrupts girl, girl becomes willing whore for the rest of her life and the end", like many of these damn game do or use...

For me, as both a novelist and comic book writer, I wanted to create an epic journey to take players on... one that would allow them to play it according to their own morals and beliefs... so, I created this quick storyline as a test to see if I had what it took to be a game creator and storyteller.

Admittedly, it isn't one of my best storylines and have sort of been developing it more as I went along in the game's progress to make it more solid, as I fully expected to fall flat on my face while doing this... fortunately, with the help of @Palanto's programming, the help of my wife and the support of the community here and on Patreon, I didn't fall on my face. LOL

In short... I got lucky. x'D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Oooh haha, that's a cool one, and if you guys indeed are the first to pull something like this off, this could even further the popularity of the VN and you guys in general, but of course it's most of all just something to give back to the people, which is always appreciated :)
Yup, definitely the first to run a contest here for our game and include the Community of supporters and fans here!

For us, we wouldn't be where we are if not for everyone here who has embarked and shared this journey with us and, though we do support this site as donors, it was important for us to create a means in which to also reward the individuals as well... so we decided to do this lottery, plus, it also helps us to generate honest feedback about our game for other potential players to consider giving our game a try!

Rather unusual lifespan than, most games don't last that long, in part because many just abandon their products and it's still going strong and more updates still coming, haha, but it's not surprising at all how this VN has managed to go on for so long, successfully at that, and I believe it's still gaining more and more popularity, if that's not a testament of the VNs quality, I don't know what is :)

I'm going to have to create those rolling fan sigs and have Wicked Choices as one of them to do my part promoting the VN :)
We have links on the front page to sigs created by either myself or by the famous and talented @Krull for you to use if you'd like and we certainly appreciate your willingness and support for doing so!

We've been lucky to get the support that we've received, both here and on Patreon (from some of the many members here), that has not only helped us to surpass our wildest expectations for this game, but has also allowed us to plan for a future to expand and further explore the world of "Wicked Choices".

As long as we have interest and support, we have enough storyline to have this be an epic trilogy, with the end of "Book One" completed next month... and we have many, many, many other stories, more developed than this one, to tell beyond that! :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Wow, thank you so much @Eerie Entity for the very kind words on our work, story and game!!

Like you, there are some subjects that I don't get into when it comes to fetishes, but we wanted to create a game that could be inclusive to a multitude of players, subject wise and tailored a story that would enable that ability.

Also, it was very, very, very, VERY important for us to have realistic models and characters, as... like you... I really dislike (with a passion) impossible sized breasts and penises in games!! Nothing pulls me out of immersion in a game quicker than a dick that is as long as a child's arm... and I just avoid downloading any game where the woman's breasts are larger than her damn head!!

So it was very important for us to make the characters natural/realistic sized, but also unique looking from other characters that are currently being used by other games. ;)

I really, really, really appreciate the praise on my writing and the story!

For me, when deciding to create a game, it was very important to me to build a unique world and story that players could immerse and lose themselves in. The last thing that I wanted to do was create a stock, cookie-cutter story/game of "boy meets girl, boy corrupts girl, girl becomes willing whore for the rest of her life and the end", like many of these damn game do or use...

For me, as both a novelist and comic book writer, I wanted to create an epic journey to take players on... one that would allow them to play it according to their own morals and beliefs... so, I created this quick storyline as a test to see if I had what it took to be a game creator and storyteller.

Admittedly, it isn't one of my best storylines and have sort of been developing it more as I went along in the game's progress to make it more solid, as I fully expected to fall flat on my face while doing this... fortunately, with the help of @Palanto's programming, the help of my wife and the support of the community here and on Patreon, I didn't fall on my face. LOL

In short... I got lucky. x'D
I agree that most games seem to be like that, corruption happens too quickly, or characters fall in love too quickly, although it is true that "love at first sight" happens a lot, but I think slow-burn is the best way to go, especially if you want any depth and meaning to the story and the relationship(s). I just love and appreciate realism, and if nothing else, I appreciate realistic and natural characters, nothing wrong with "big assets", as long as they are still natural, hehe :)

Yeah I think it's a good idea to create a VN, well, a game in general that caters to as many fetishes as possible (but with the option to skip them over or just downright prevent them from happening if one isn't into something), that allows more people to get into the game because there's something for everyone, so that's a smart move, especially since like probably 70-80% of the VNs incest is the main theme (my favorite fetish in VNs actually, haha).

And I can see that you have a story writing background and a passion for it, you can't really pull off a story like that if you don't have the passion and knack for writing and imagination to come up with a story like this, and this story indeed does cater to my needs as an avid reader, I love reading great stories, and this is one of them for sure :)

All the praises are all well-earned, so you're most welcome! And I find it awesome that a couple, a married couple no less is working on the same project, hints that you two have similar passions, which is always great! :)

I need to check out your comic books sometime, especially now that I have experienced this VN, I have no doubt in my mind that the comics are at least as good, hehe :)

Keep up the very fine work and best of luck to you and to the Mrs. and @Palanto of course, very much looking forward to future updates! :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ASLPro3D I have a few questions about your game that I was hoping you would answer. My apologies if they have been answered already.
No worries, @Jad1239, I shall do my best to answer them...

@ASLPro3D 1. How many books have you planned for wicked choices? Or is it undecided? Also how long will the rest of the books be compared to Book 1?
There will be 3 Books in total... a game trilogy, with "Book One" finally finished in September.

"Book One" sets up the universe and establishes the two main characters, as well as, many of the other characters that will play a vital role in the series.

"Book Two" focuses on the two Main Characters (the MC and Princess Lynara) learning the new abilities that they will have. As well as, the MC learning how to deal with family issues that have been alluded to in "Book One" and Princess Lynara learning how to deal with humans.

"Book Three" will be the war... and the conclusion of the series, where the choices you've made throughout will determine the ending of the game and series.

@ASLPro3D 2. I see that you are planning a side-arc next. How long is that going to be? As in how many chapters?
We are unsure as to how long that the side-arc story is going to be. It will quite honestly depend on a variety of things, such as:

How quick we learn how to work with the new software and understand the workflow that will be needed to begin and complete the remaining two books of the series.

Another, will depend on player response to the side-arc itself.

Our hope is to generate a more significant income stream than we've currently been making, because honestly, this is currently a part-time gig for us because we aren't making the same kind of income that other games that have far less content or depth make and we can't quit our day jobs (which has @Palanto working 14hr days right now) to work on the game fulltime.

Imagine what our game could be, if we could afford to work on it fulltime... ;)

@ASLPro3D 3. You mentioned that you are doing the side arc to familiarize yourself with a new engine. What is the engine and why did you decide to move away from renpy?
Ren'Py is limited in the abilities that I would like to introduce to the full game. We are talking about a game that, when completed, will have so many possibilities and variables based on a player's choices and actions that, quite honestly, Ren'Py can't keep track of without a shit-ton of programming and record keeping.

Also, Ren'Py is great for a visual novel, but @Palanto and I want to create a GAME... something with missions, locations, settings, choice logging and expansion... and get away from a limited VN that feels too much like a "picture book"!

Because of this, we will be shifting over to using RPG Maker MV for the game... and for those who just groaned, we won't be making it so that it has endless running across maps or endless, bullshit battle maps! Personally, we'd love to do the whole game in something like Unity or a better game engine, but... to be brutally honest... even after a year of making a game, larger than any other game out there in the same time frame, we don't make enough to do that... so RPG Maker MV it is. :(

@ASLPro3D 4. Currently the game is out for windows and mac. Will it be the same for book 2+ or will it become a windows exclusive game because of the new engine?
Because we will be shifting to RPG Maker MV, our game will be available for PC/MAC/Android/Apple iOS/HTML5 and hopefully, in the near future, Xbox and PlayStation compatible. ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Still wouldn't work, you're making the installation so complicated tbh
Um... no offense, installation isn't complicated... we've provided a full version download, which only problem would be waiting to download 3.5gb... or, for those who've been with us since day one, or on a limited connection, can download the current update that they need to continue on with the story.

Personally, I don't see how we could make it any easier for people, with the exception of doing it for them... which isn't possible.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I agree that most games seem to be like that, corruption happens too quickly, or characters fall in love too quickly, although it is true that "love at first sight" happens a lot, but I think slow-burn is the best way to go, especially if you want any depth and meaning to the story and the relationship(s). I just love and appreciate realism, and if nothing else, I appreciate realistic and natural characters, nothing wrong with "big assets", as long as they are still natural, hehe :)

Yeah I think it's a good idea to create a VN, well, a game in general that caters to as many fetishes as possible (but with the option to skip them over or just downright prevent them from happening if one isn't into something), that allows more people to get into the game because there's something for everyone, so that's a smart move, especially since like probably 70-80% of the VNs incest is the main theme (my favorite fetish in VNs actually, haha).

And I can see that you have a story writing background and a passion for it, you can't really pull off a story like that if you don't have the passion and knack for writing and imagination to come up with a story like this, and this story indeed does cater to my needs as an avid reader, I love reading great stories, and this is one of them for sure :)

All the praises are all well-earned, so you're most welcome! And I find it awesome that a couple, a married couple no less is working on the same project, hints that you two have similar passions, which is always great! :)

I need to check out your comic books sometime, especially now that I have experienced this VN, I have no doubt in my mind that the comics are at least as good, hehe :)

Keep up the very fine work and best of luck to you and to the Mrs. and @Palanto of course, very much looking forward to future updates! :)
Agreed!!

Not to sound arrogant, as that truly isn't my intent, but as a person who got his start playing games like Zork, it is very important to me to create an unrushed world of adventure and story... it needs to have fantastical elements that ground it in the real world, with realistic emotions, outcomes and philosophy... otherwise, I am just wasting my time and talent.

If I can't feel passionate or invested in the project, I certainly can't expect players to feel the same... so I try to ground it with situations that will interest them, pique their interest, tickle their funny bone, stir emotion in them and, in the case of an adult game, turn them on.

While a VN worked great for introducing the world in which players will find themselves immersed in, the software really limits the ability for "action" and "mission" based adventuring... which the remaining two books will require.

Which is why we will be shifting away from Ren'Py... we want the world to feel as dynamic as the story and be much more than a point and click menu option... we want to populate the world with NPC's that will have unique comments, backstory, feedback and hidden NPC's in the story that can give bonuses, hints, sex, special outfits and more...

...something that can't be done in a VN. ;)

Reactions: Palanto

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Eerie Entity

Glad you liked it. The story and background information are what drew me to it, the art was just an added bonus.:)
Hehe, yes indeed, the overview caught my interest (and the preview pictures looked real good too) and story kept me playing, I found myself playing the VN for several hours before reaching the end (the end of the current version), I really took my time rather than rushing it, it was very captivating, and then of course when there were some decision makings, I had to think hard which way to go about things, haha.
But of course I will play all routes to see most content, certain content I will be avoiding of course, but still :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Agreed!!

Not to sound arrogant, as that truly isn't my intent, but as a person who got his start playing games like Zork, it is very important to me to create an unrushed world of adventure and story... it needs to have fantastical elements that ground it in the real world, with realistic emotions, outcomes and philosophy... otherwise, I am just wasting my time and talent.

If I can't feel passionate or invested in the project, I certainly can't expect players to feel the same... so I try to ground it with situations that will interest them, pique their interest, tickle their funny bone, stir emotion in them and, in the case of an adult game, turn them on.

While a VN worked great for introducing the world in which players will find themselves immersed in, the software really limits the ability for "action" and "mission" based adventuring... which the remaining two books will require.

Which is why we will be shifting away from Ren'Py... we want the world to feel as dynamic as the story and be much more than a point and click menu option... we want to populate the world with NPC's that will have unique comments, backstory, feedback and hidden NPC's in the story that can give bonuses, hints, sex, special outfits and more...

...something that can't be done in a VN. ;)
Yeah there hasn't actually been all that many VNs, or games in general that stir up any emotions in me, make me feel a certain type of way, only a handful of VNs has managed to do that for me, namely this and Acting Lessons if you're familiar with that VN and I honestly think that a good, successful VN DOES stir up emotions, especially if the drama and whatever, story in general is written well, even more so if the player has managed to connect with the characters.
In example when I denied the handmaiden any part in the ritual, reading how she was feeling heartbroken, betrayed and such, I really felt bad for her, especially when I considered that she's been with the princess for all those years taking care of one another and all that, and obviously she loves the princess more than anything, so it felt cruel and cold to deny her, I genuinely felt bad, so I scrolled back and had her be the sole partner in the ritual instead, I allowed them to have that moment, because down the road I wouldn't, because Princess is to be for Antichrist, haha, or at least that's the goal, not sure if you've actually written that they'd be lovers :p

I completely agree that if you don't have passion and/or interest in something, then it's hard to do anything creative, and basically just wasting time and the skills, plus it's also important to do things for all the right reasons :)

What kind of gameplay will the two other books be? Will it be like Man of the House type, like, you interact with different characters, you move about the map by clicking the destination you want to go to, handle the business you went there to do, different activities that you can only do at certain time day or during specific days and that sort of stuff? I hope it won't be like Visiting Aunt Sarah where you actually have to move around the map with arrow keys or point-n-click xD

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Thanks for letting me know, I can stop trashing @Palanto now :p
:'(

No, no, no... please, by all means, don't let me stop you, @Kasey!! x'Dx'Dx'D
:WutFace:

Yeah there hasn't actually been all that many VNs, or games in general that stir up any emotions in me, make me feel a certain type of way, only a handful of VNs has managed to do that for me, namely this and Acting Lessons if you're familiar with that VN and I honestly think that a good, successful VN DOES stir up emotions, especially if the drama and whatever, story in general is written well, even more so if the player has managed to connect with the characters.
In example when I denied the handmaiden any part in the ritual, reading how she was feeling heartbroken, betrayed and such, I really felt bad for her, especially when I considered that she's been with the princess for all those years taking care of one another and all that, and obviously she loves the princess more than anything, so it felt cruel and cold to deny her, I genuinely felt bad, so I scrolled back and had her be the sole partner in the ritual instead, I allowed them to have that moment, because down the road I wouldn't, because Princess is to be for Antichrist, haha, or at least that's the goal, not sure if you've actually written that they'd be lovers :p

I completely agree that if you don't have passion and/or interest in something, then it's hard to do anything creative, and basically just wasting time and the skills, plus it's also important to do things for all the right reasons :)

What kind of gameplay will the two other books be? Will it be like Man of the House type, like, you interact with different characters, you move about the map by clicking the destination you want to go to, handle the business you went there to do, different activities that you can only do at certain time day or during specific days and that sort of stuff? I hope it won't be like Visiting Aunt Sarah where you actually have to move around the map with arrow keys or point-n-click XD
Don't know Aunt Sarah, but since it's going to be an rpgm game it will be real walking with arrow keys / mouse / gamepad but I'll implement a fast travel system right from the beginning so you don't have to run around hours just to get a damn bread or crap like that :closedeyesmile: But we'll see, it's not yet fully planned out on how it will be done. We're still in the "idea" phase on what we want in the game and how we want it to work :) So feel free to suggest things you'd like to see in the game :) (And look up RPGMaker MV to get an idea of what it's going to look like)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Nope, not gonna share any 200.gif ;)

What kind of gameplay will the two other books be? Will it be like Man of the House type, like, you interact with different characters, you move about the map by clicking the destination you want to go to, handle the business you went there to do, different activities that you can only do at certain time day or during specific days and that sort of stuff? I hope it won't be like Visiting Aunt Sarah where you actually have to move around the map with arrow keys or point-n-click XD
I will be honest, because of my current workload and previous health concerns, I haven't had time to play other people's games, so I am not familiar with those games.

What I can tell you, however, is how I envision it...

I want to create the ability for people to pull up a map and click on the destination that they want to go, but... if they are feeling adventurous and into exploring, they can get to their destination by going the long way (subway, car, cab, bus, etc...) and by doing so, could run across special NPC's that will provide the player with extra things...

Such as:
  • Additional Storyline/Missions
  • Special Hints
  • Sexual Opportunities
  • Special Outfits/Items
I want the world to be populated with special NPC's who are also our Patreons and supporters, that can provide the above items, or direct them to where they can find them.

So, players can make the decision to just skip everything and follow the main path of the story, or they can explore, interact and participate in the story. ;)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Nope, not gonna share any View attachment 139725 ;)

I will be honest, because of my current workload and previous health concerns, I haven't had time to play other people's games, so I am not familiar with those games.

What I can tell you, however, is how I envision it...

I want to create the ability for people to pull up a map and click on the destination that they want to go, but... if they are feeling adventurous and into exploring, they can get to their destination by going the long way (subway, car, cab, bus, etc...) and by doing so, could run across special NPC's that will provide the player with extra things...

Such as:
  • Additional Storyline/Missions
  • Special Hints
  • Sexual Opportunities
  • Special Outfits/Items
I want the world to be populated with special NPC's who are also our Patreons and supporters, that can provide the above items, or direct them to where they can find them.

So, players can make the decision to just skip everything and follow the main path of the story, or they can explore, interact and participate in the story. ;)
No spoilers? Haha, that's fair enough, I'll find out down the road so that's all good :)

Yikes, well I do hope that the health concerns are nothing severe and will get better, might need to focus on getting better! :) Well my point is that i.e. in Acting Lessons, the characters are very well written, it's quite easy to connect with them, and feel a certain type of way, but I can't go into too much detail, wouldn't want to spoil anything in case you ever decide to pick up on the game. But the story is very well written and so are the characters, relationships and everything too are very believable and realistic, plenty of twists too, all the characteristics of a great VN, just like this one :)

That vision you have, I find that interesting and overall I think it would be the best too, I like the option to just leap to destinations you want to go to, or if you want ALL the content, you need to explore a little bit, okay, you need to explore a lot, but since when a little bit of adventurous exploration was a bad thing? Haha! Yeah I think I'd like that vision take place :)

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes