3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
I wish the dev would understand this. There are hundreds of games where they focus on female protage getting r*pe by monsters but very few games where you can be a male protag and go around a open world r*ping. A male monster mode with a bunch of female humans running around would be awesome.
Yeah, it seems like the cross section of people that like these kind of games aligns more with the cross section of people that want to pretend they're the monster than the girl. Which isn't a judgement of people that have that fet, just these seem to always focus on the girl as the MC, let us go Dungeon Keeper and be the cthulian tentacle monster or minotaur with a 14 inch dong that's 3 1/2 inches wide or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Tomoushie

nogling

Jul 26, 2021
So 5.1 is out. Feedback:
- Nice weather and time (but time doesn't seem to change? Clock stays the same)
- Birthing is cool but what will the babies do? (And all trolls?)
- Lots of small saplings don't get cut. The axe goes through them
- Hitboxes on stones are better
- Flying dragon is cool
- Still not a huge fan of the loot bags, hard to see in the dark
- Very weird bug, killing a werebear causes it's fallen corpse to orient to you like it's magnetic and you're north. You can walk around it in a circle and it's stiff body pivots from where it fell so that it always faces you
- The flying bugs just float there when they are killed

RawDarkness

Sep 20, 2021
So 5.1 is out. Feedback:
- Nice weather and time (but time doesn't seem to change? Clock stays the same)
- Birthing is cool but what will the babies do? (And all trolls?)
- Lots of small saplings don't get cut. The axe goes through them
- Hitboxes on stones are better
- Flying dragon is cool
- Still not a huge fan of the loot bags, hard to see in the dark
- Very weird bug, killing a werebear causes it's fallen corpse to orient to you like it's magnetic and you're north. You can walk around it in a circle and it's stiff body pivots from where it fell so that it always faces you
- The flying bugs just float there when they are killed
Thank you for the feedback!

Will look in to the clock, hadn't noticed it was broken.
Babies will be used to craft/summon passive monsters that you can interact with. Sort of like buildable NPC's. But that system isn't finished yet so they do nothing currently, just like the dicks from various creatures (will be the alternative way of summoning).
Maybe I could make the loot bags brighter and easier to see? I would like to use corpses that you loot but it will cause performance issues with a bunch of bodies laying around.
The werebear is me testing something and forgetting to revert it before packaging, sorry :)

Reactions: nogling
Sep 19, 2017
Added check for player level versus monster level. Monsters too strong compared to the player will simply kill the player rather than breed them.
Okay so my interest in this game was already almost zero, with my experience with it.

But to put it bluntly, are you fucking me?

"Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's make a game where you're a female adventurer, but if you make a misstep, a misjudgment, fumble or fall, then the wicked and vile creatures of the land might take advantage of you and your form for their own needs."
"Sounds great! I'll certainly try and be careful as to not wander into places that are too dangerous then!"
"No no, those are fine. Anything too strong can't rape you. That'd be silly, lol. No, only things balanced with your own character would violate you. You know, that's what's hot, right?"
"... yeah. Totally. I mean, man. No one gets off on the idea of stumbling into something they're utterly not prepared for, then getting abused, violated, and taught a harsh lesson on the realities of their meager place within the world compared to the bestial entity that is treating them as a toy that's only good for the pleasure and biological imperatives of its male needs. No one. Thank god you're making the forced sexual violation of my character balanced. Because if there's one thing I find hot when it comes to my rape fantasies, it's making sure I'm on equal footing. Thank you. So much."
"You're welcome! :D"

:rolleyes:

RawDarkness

Sep 20, 2021
Okay so my interest in this game was already almost zero, with my experience with it.

But to put it bluntly, are you fucking me?

"Hey, I've got a great idea! Let's make a game where you're a female adventurer, but if you make a misstep, a misjudgment, fumble or fall, then the wicked and vile creatures of the land might take advantage of you and your form for their own needs."
"Sounds great! I'll certainly try and be careful as to not wander into places that are too dangerous then!"
"No no, those are fine. Anything too strong can't rape you. That'd be silly, lol. No, only things balanced with your own character would violate you. You know, that's what's hot, right?"
"... yeah. Totally. I mean, man. No one gets off on the idea of stumbling into something they're utterly not prepared for, then getting abused, violated, and taught a harsh lesson on the realities of their meager place within the world compared to the bestial entity that is treating them as a toy that's only good for the pleasure and biological imperatives of its male needs. No one. Thank god you're making the forced sexual violation of my character balanced. Because if there's one thing I find hot when it comes to my rape fantasies, it's making sure I'm on equal footing. Thank you. So much."
"You're welcome! :D"

:rolleyes:
While I understand your position the reasoning behind it is from a game mechanics perspective. In any non-sex game getting defeated in battle is a fail state you want to avoid.

In a game where sex animations is one of your goals the overall objectives of the game gets distorted if you are consistently rewarded for loosing. Why ever fight and get stronger if your goal is always to loose?
The patch notes you quoted are from 0.4. In 0.5 there is a defeat point system where instead you have a resource you can allocate for defeat and the resource increases with level, allowing for a greater freedom to chose how and to whom you get defeated.
But in short, it was added to incentivise progress rather than just bum-rushing every enemy, get defeated and then put the game down. Unless progression leads to rewards there is no point to progression.
If all you want is the sex animations there are lot's of sex-sim games out there without gameplay. What I'm trying to make differently is to make the gameplay matter and the players choice to have consequences.

There will also be alternative ways to get the animations. By defeating enemies you collect resources to unlock the ability to craft and build passive NPC's that allow for unlimited access to sex animations. However that is not in the game yet. I do believe that will balance it out somewhat. Making being defeated more meaningful than just a way to get to the animations.

But it is a hard problem from an incentive and game mechanic perspective and not something really explored in depth in other games. I'm always open to suggestions on improving it :)

Sep 19, 2017
While I understand your position the reasoning behind it is from a game mechanics perspective. In any non-sex game getting defeated in battle is a fail state you want to avoid.

In a game where sex animations is one of your goals the overall objectives of the game gets distorted if you are consistently rewarded for loosing. Why ever fight and get stronger if your goal is always to loose?
The patch notes you quoted are from 0.4. In 0.5 there is a defeat point system where instead you have a resource you can allocate for defeat and the resource increases with level, allowing for a greater freedom to chose how and to whom you get defeated.
But in short, it was added to incentivise progress rather than just bum-rushing every enemy, get defeated and then put the game down. Unless progression leads to rewards there is no point to progression.
If all you want is the sex animations there are lot's of sex-sim games out there without gameplay. What I'm trying to make differently is to make the gameplay matter and the players choice to have consequences.

There will also be alternative ways to get the animations. By defeating enemies you collect resources to unlock the ability to craft and build passive NPC's that allow for unlimited access to sex animations. However that is not in the game yet. I do believe that will balance it out somewhat. Making being defeated more meaningful than just a way to get to the animations.

But it is a hard problem from an incentive and game mechanic perspective and not something really explored in depth in other games. I'm always open to suggestions on improving it :)
I have a rape fantasy. Defeat isn't a "reward" for me. I don't groan about games with game-over scenes as making me "have to lose to get to the good stuff." I have a rape fantasy. Which means I don't want to lose. When I say I don't want balance, I mean I don't want "Well, we need to put you on this linear path and so that you're always on equal footing when it comes to any encounter." What I do want is a chance. A chance to win. A chance to be defeated. A chance to not end up falling into danger and devastation. A chance to make a mistake that causes my character grief and torment. What's hot about games with game over scenes isn't just the scenes themselves: it's the fact that they exist at all.

I don't want to "greater freedom to chose how and to whom you get defeated." I have a rape fantasy. I want there to be a world in which I can fight, struggle, and do my best to survive, and that is balanced in a manner so that if I overstep my limits, if I make too many mistakes, then I will fail to do so, even though I was trying not to.

Because I have a rape fantasy.

If you want to make a game for people that "rewards" them with sex, then make a game that rewards them with sex. But I don't want to be rewarded with sex scenes. I want to avoid them. I want to do my best to never see them. The reason why I might end up just throwing myself at a monster is not because I just want to get to the sex scenes. It's always because I just get bored of the rest of the game. Because I realize the actual gameplay loop isn't fun. Or because I realize that if I keep playing to avoid, then I'll never see any of the scenes, not because of me just managing to get by... but because no thought has been put into the balance of things to where things are actually a risk at all. (Please note, however, that this list of reasons is not intended to be direct accusations against this game, but towards games in general.)

If you want to make a game for people that "rewards" them with sex, then make a game that rewards them with sex. But if you want to make a game that's about being violated against one's will, then for the love of all that's unholy make it so that the violation occurs against one's will. Because you're right. If I just want to see animations, I can go somewhere else. What games have the power to give is context. What games have the power to give is for a player to build their own narrative, to experience their own story. The goal isn't to lose. The goal is to have context. The goal is to experience a world where there is a chance of that sort of defeat. That's what's exciting.

So make a game for that. Make a game that's intense, that's exciting, that's dangerous. Make a game to where even if I'm doing my best, I could still lose. But to where if I get lucky enough, I could win.

The problem with a lot of games (beyond the fact that 90+% of them go the route of "A dick got within 5 feet of your virginal, pure character, so you now crave cock, identify as a cum slut, and prefer a diet of nothing but ejaculate") is that they only make a token effort towards any sort of resistance, and make it static and uninteresting. Like, for example, Bioasshard Arena. It has a struggle system. But it's the exact same, every time. If you can do the left-right-left-right pattern once, you can do it every time. So it becomes boring, because sure, you can get surprised and grabbed... and that's hot as hell. But once you're grabbed... well. Left-right-left-right and boom, escape, every time... until you just get tired.

If you want an example of a good system, look at the games that actually overlay multiple levels of things that a player has to monitor. Such as Captivity. In that game, you have a combination of both short term and long term mechanics that effect your ability to struggle. As such, what was once easy can become more and more difficult later if you don't manage thing correctly. This makes for an exciting narrative of progression, and slowly becoming more and more vulnerable, until eventually you reach a point where, if you don't play well enough, you can't resist, and are violated. That's what's hot. Playing a game earnestly, to win, and then losing any way due to the mechanics of the game being structured in a way that force me into situations of danger and defeat.

You're making a survival game. So force me to need to go out. Force me to worry about multiple things. Force me to potentially make mistakes, with the things that I'm juggling. But to do all of that, all of those elements also need to be fun. They need to be engaging. They need to be something that I won't just go "oh my fucking god I'm tired of fucking looking for this fucking grass that is the right fucking model holy shit I just don't care any more" to. Captivity was fun even when I was winning. It was a 2D horde defense game, and the enemies were varied in their movements and abilities, the guns were fun, and the gameplay was fun. So I didn't care if I was winning, because I was still having fun.

Make the game fun to play. Make a system that forces characters to make mistakes. I don't want to be given sex as a reward. I don't want to be given the "freedom to choose" who rapes my character. I have a rape fantasy.

P.S.,
I don't give a shit about being able to see other characters in animations. Like you said, if I just wanted to see animations, I can go elsewhere. But I have a rape fantasy. I want to play a game. I want to experience a story with my character. I want to be in that world. I don't want to "unlock" a "reward" of being able to see the sex animations. I want the game to hover that danger over me, and to provide me with an experience that compels me to play the damn game. Let me progress to things that help me manage certain worries, that give me more tools to survive - that also come with their own new things to manage, new things to worry about, that keep pressing me into danger. Don't give me NPCs that I can watch having sex whenever I want.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017
I have a rape fantasy. Defeat isn't a "reward" for me. I don't groan about games with game-over scenes as making me "have to lose to get to the good stuff." I have a rape fantasy. Which means I don't want to lose. When I say I don't want balance, I mean I don't want "Well, we need to put you on this linear path and so that you're always on equal footing when it comes to any encounter." What I do want is a chance. A chance to win. A chance to be defeated. A chance to not end up falling into danger and devastation. A chance to make a mistake that causes my character grief and torment. What's hot about games with game over scenes isn't just the scenes themselves: it's the fact that they exist at all.

I don't want to "greater freedom to chose how and to whom you get defeated." I have a rape fantasy. I want there to be a world in which I can fight, struggle, and do my best to survive, and that is balanced in a manner so that if I overstep my limits, if I make too many mistakes, then I will fail to do so, even though I was trying not to.

Because I have a rape fantasy.

If you want to make a game for people that "rewards" them with sex, then make a game that rewards them with sex. But I don't want to be rewarded with sex scenes. I want to avoid them. I want to do my best to never see them. The reason why I might end up just throwing myself at a monster is not because I just want to get to the sex scenes. It's always because I just get bored of the rest of the game. Because I realize the actual gameplay loop isn't fun. Or because I realize that if I keep playing to avoid, then I'll never see any of the scenes, not because of me just managing to get by... but because no thought has been put into the balance of things to where things are actually a risk at all. (Please note, however, that this list of reasons is not intended to be direct accusations against this game, but towards games in general.)

If you want to make a game for people that "rewards" them with sex, then make a game that rewards them with sex. But if you want to make a game that's about being violated against one's will, then for the love of all that's unholy make it so that the violation occurs against one's will. Because you're right. If I just want to see animations, I can go somewhere else. What games have the power to give is context. What games have the power to give is for a player to build their own narrative, to experience their own story. The goal isn't to lose. The goal is to have context. The goal is to experience a world where there is a chance of that sort of defeat. That's what's exciting.

So make a game for that. Make a game that's intense, that's exciting, that's dangerous. Make a game to where even if I'm doing my best, I could still lose. But to where if I get lucky enough, I could win.

The problem with a lot of games (beyond the fact that 90+% of them go the route of "A dick got within 5 feet of your virginal, pure character, so you now crave cock, identify as a cum slut, and prefer a diet of nothing but ejaculate") is that they only make a token effort towards any sort of resistance, and make it static and uninteresting. Like, for example, Bioasshard Arena. It has a struggle system. But it's the exact same, every time. If you can do the left-right-left-right pattern once, you can do it every time. So it becomes boring, because sure, you can get surprised and grabbed... and that's hot as hell. But once you're grabbed... well. Left-right-left-right and boom, escape, every time... until you just get tired.

If you want an example of a good system, look at the games that actually overlay multiple levels of things that a player has to monitor. Such as Captivity. In that game, you have a combination of both short term and long term mechanics that effect your ability to struggle. As such, what was once easy can become more and more difficult later if you don't manage thing correctly. This makes for an exciting narrative of progression, and slowly becoming more and more vulnerable, until eventually you reach a point where, if you don't play well enough, you can't resist, and are violated. That's what's hot. Playing a game earnestly, to win, and then losing any way due to the mechanics of the game being structured in a way that force me into situations of danger and defeat.

You're making a survival game. So force me to need to go out. Force me to worry about multiple things. Force me to potentially make mistakes, with the things that I'm juggling. But to do all of that, all of those elements also need to be fun. They need to be engaging. They need to be something that I won't just go "oh my fucking god I'm tired of fucking looking for this fucking grass that is the right fucking model holy shit I just don't care any more" to. Captivity was fun even when I was winning. It was a 2D horde defense game, and the enemies were varied in their movements and abilities, the guns were fun, and the gameplay was fun. So I didn't care if I was winning, because I was still having fun.

Make the game fun to play. Make a system that forces characters to make mistakes. I don't want to be given sex as a reward. I don't want to be given the "freedom to choose" who rapes my character. I have a rape fantasy.

P.S.,
I don't give a shit about being able to see other characters in animations. Like you said, if I just wanted to see animations, I can go elsewhere. But I have a rape fantasy. I want to play a game. I want to experience a story with my character. I want to be in that world. I don't want to "unlock" a "reward" of being able to see the sex animations. I want the game to hover that danger over me, and to provide me with an experience that compels me to play the damn game. Let me progress to things that help me manage certain worries, that give me more tools to survive - that also come with their own new things to manage, new things to worry about, that keep pressing me into danger. Don't give me NPCs that I can watch having sex whenever I want.
And just to be clear and add one more thought: What game do you want to make? Do you want to make a game themed around the idea of rape and violation with monsters forcefully breeding a girl? Great!

Do you want to specifically make a game that's about slowly progressing toward fucking/breeding bigger and badder monsters? Then make that game. Just don't make it a rape game.

How about this? "In the land/island of whereverthefuck, might and power are respected above all else, especially in the qualities of a mate. While you might be an outcast from your kind, due to your desires and fascination to mate with all the creatures of the land, you can not simply walk up to them and present yourself... as you have yet to truly begin your journey here to establish your worth, your might, to these creatures that value exactly that. While you may not even want to, you know that you must prove your strength in skill and combat, for even some of the lowliest creatures to consider you worthy of being their mate. And you have a far longer journey ahead of you to establish your reputation and legend, for those truly great beings of horror to consider you something with the strength to bear their offspring."

If you want a game about progressing to more monsters, make that. People who want that can all flock to it, and people like me who don't won't get lured in by yet another game promising me danger and violation only to give me "the freedom to choose who I'm bred by," "NPCs that you can see have sex at anytime," "Just go through the animations at your own pace, and choose when you're done!" and the like.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Do you want to specifically make a game that's about slowly progressing toward fucking/breeding bigger and badder monsters? Then make that game. Just don't make it a rape game.
Is there a particular mechanical reason those must be mutually exclusive? Or are you just demanding a developer cater specifically to your tastes and preferences?

Sep 19, 2017
Is there a particular mechanical reason those must be mutually exclusive? Or are you just demanding a developer cater specifically to your tastes and preferences?
Alright, since my first question wasn't answered, I'll go ahead and answer it myself.

Rape is when someone, without their consent, has sexual actions forced upon them, or is otherwise forced to engage in sexual actions against their well.

Because here's the thing. Rape isn't a mechanic. It's a theme.

It's like asking "Is there a particular mechanical reason good-aligned characters can't cast the aoe spell 'Unending malaise of terror, suffering, and eternal agony?' "

The answer is "because they're good-aligned characters."

The mechanic of "You fight enemies. If you lose to enemies, they will have sex with you" isn't inherently rape. It depends on how the game contextualizes things.

For some games, they contextualize it as rape.

For some games, they contextualize it as "hey, this is a horny sex world, and you might get surprise sex you don't want!"

For some games, they contextualize it as "you're a massive slut and while you're on a mission, well, if you can't get past a guy, might as well fuck him, right?"

I am, in fact, not demanding that devs cater to my preferences. I love seeing as much variety as possible, even if it's not my own thing. I'm stating that a game's attitude, context, and theming should be made clear and be well-defined. Whether it's a sex game or not.

If you want to make a game where you're going along, saying "nah I don't want to fuck that guy," and have the ability to only have sex with what you will, you are, by definition, not being raped. So when the game has "rape" in its tags/genre, and talks about me getting ambushed and abused, I have certain expectations of theming. If the game doesn't want to be that, great! Just make it clear that the idea is you're playing a character who is actively deciding what creature they have sex with, and that the game has nothing to do with being violated. Because, again, by giving me the choice to go "yes, I'll have sex with this entity/no, I won't have sex with this entity," by definition, the game can not be a rape game.

• Angry
Reactions: Cross Zero

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Alright, since my first question wasn't answered, I'll go ahead and answer it myself.

Rape is when someone, without their consent, has sexual actions forced upon them, or is otherwise forced to engage in sexual actions against their well.

Because here's the thing. Rape isn't a mechanic. It's a theme.

It's like asking "Is there a particular mechanical reason good-aligned characters can't cast the aoe spell "Unending malaise of terror, suffering, and eternal agony?"

The answer is "because they're good-aligned characters."

The mechanic of "You fight enemies. If you lose to enemies, they will have sex with you" isn't inherently rape. It depends on how the game contextualizes things.

For some games, they contextualize it as rape.

For some games, they contextualize it as "hey, this is a horny sex world, and you might get surprise sex you don't want!"

For some games, they contextualize it as "you're a massive slut and while you're on a mission, well, if you can't get past a guy, might as well fuck him, right?"

I am, in fact, not demanding that devs cater to my preferences. I love seeing as much variety as possible, even if it's not my own thing. I'm stating that a game's attitude, context, and theming should be made clear and be well-defined. Whether it's a sex game or not.

If you want to make a game where you're going along, saying "nah I don't want to fuck that guy," and have the ability to only have sex with what you will, you are, by definition, not being raped. So when the game has "rape" in its tags/genre, and talks about me getting ambushed and abused, I have certain expectations of theming. If the game doesn't want to be that, great! Just make it clear that the idea is you're playing a character who is actively deciding what creature they have sex with, and that the game has nothing to do with being violated. Because, again, by giving me the choice to go "yes, I'll have sex with this entity/no, I won't have sex with this entity," by definition, the game can not be a rape game.
I answered my question myself because if you had an actual answer you wouldn't have felt the need to direct the conversation with an irrelevant question about definitions, especially when the forum has its own definition in the tag rules post. In the context of those rules, fucking the player as a combat loss mechanic is rape. Full stop.

You came into this thread and started ripping the developer a new one, specifically in response to this single bullet in the changelog:
  • Added check for player level versus monster level. Monsters too strong compared to the player will simply kill the player rather than breed them.
You've gone on four rants at this point about what rape is, how you feel about rape in games, and interspersed those with barely related mechanical comparisons that don't actually address the change in question or your problems with it. I think it's very safe to assume that this is entirely about your preferences.

I am not here for irrelevant debates and word games about definitions, fetishes, and preferences. Unless you can explain to me why sex as a combat loss cannot be limited to a specific range relative to the player (which was the question I actually asked of you), you will not be getting any further responses from me.

nogling

Jul 26, 2021
Just played 0.6. You really should update the version here so you get more visibility and more testers.

Things that are fixed/confirmed changed:
Floating bugs when dead
The clock changes now
Dragon flies randomly

Things not actually fixed:
All babies are still trolls (tried with both werebear and werewolf)
Werebear corpse still orients to you like a magnet
Some tree hitboxes still seem odd

Unsure observations:
Are you meant to instantly regain health going through the portals?
The pregnancy time duration works when changed, but the icon always reads "3min"

Desired changes:

Please change the way free cam and zoom works. It makes no sense that normally, scroll is zoom, but when holding shift to freecam, suddenly it toggles your inventory slots (1,2,3, etc). You should be able to scroll in and out zooming when using freecam

More transparency on when you can be fucked or not, "i.e" when you are "strong enough" to take it. Right now this seems a bit opaque to a gameplay perspective

Kyrinthic

Dec 30, 2017
Hey want to put this out there IF you download this file, it mentions its a .zip/.rar .........ISO pick a different option. As one of these downloaded options included a virus called Energy.exe IF that file version pops up Close the page run a scan. took me twenty minutes to remove that crap
This is super common, and based on the DL site. you arent downloading the game if there is a ...iso added to the end, you are downloading a virus. Cancel/Delete that and redownload. The sites that do this usually give you the right download after a time or two.

It doesnt matter what the thing you are downloading is, the sites that do it replace anything you download from there with that sometimes.

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes