3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

Sangoku25

Jul 3, 2017
I turned my graphic to lowest and try to set anything else to lowest possible and my game kept freezing while in the character customization before i even get to start playing its probably because of my PC but im just gonna ask it here to see if anyone had this same problem or is there a way to not freeze my game whenever i tried to play it
It runs smoothly for me but I have an RTX 3060^^ but it also gets a bit loud. The game needs a lot of good PC otherwise you can't play it^^ Alternatively, lowering the resolution can help^^

fakeymcfake45

May 7, 2021
It runs smoothly for me but I have an RTX 3060^^ but it also gets a bit loud. The game needs a lot of good PC otherwise you can't play it^^ Alternatively, lowering the resolution can help^^
I also have a 3060 and it doesn't run smoothly at all, with fog and lumen disabled it doesn't even reach 60fps with DLSS.

As for my question, is there an energy system apart from the yellow bar? It keeps saying "Not enough energy" when trying to do anything even though the bar is full, can't even sit.

Cool, it softlocked when trying to sleep. Good thing we can't save anywhere so we lose whatever we did.

Edit: Sitting causes everything to break, can't attack, can't do any action, talking to an npc resets it but going into the sleep menu completely softlocks the game.

Last edited:

eatwhatever

Nov 9, 2017
IDK why this dev is getting such negative feedback...

sure, things need to be polished here and there. some of the features are rather disappointing and can be seen as too much ambition for a one-man dev indeed. If that's the case and you want the game to flourish with the content you desire, you should give proper feedback about what seems to be causing the problem and what would be the possible solution.

If the players' attitude is like 'this game sucks IDFK why I should play this shit', then the players should simply quit playing the game because it will make both players and dev unhappy and will do absolutely nothing productive... especially such games in early development. If dev doesn't care what the majority of players suggest without very good reason, that's another story tho.

That being said, I would suggest dev should focus on the framework and bug fixes rather than any extra content at this stage of the game. any extra content will be useless or simply cause rather unpleasant experiences for players.

Also, giving up some features of the game is considerable. For example, if the pregnancy feature is full of buggy mess and if it seems to do no good, why keep it while getting all the negative criticisms? If building feature is causing too much of development resource starvation, dev should consider giving up such feature because... it could be fun in the end, but nobody is getting aroused while building their own wooden house.

Sangoku25

Jul 3, 2017
I also have a 3060 and it doesn't run smoothly at all, with fog and lumen disabled it doesn't even reach 60fps with DLSS.

As for my question, is there an energy system apart from the yellow bar? It keeps saying "Not enough energy" when trying to do anything even though the bar is full, can't even sit.

Cool, it softlocked when trying to sleep. Good thing we can't save anywhere so we lose whatever we did.

Edit: Sitting causes everything to break, can't attack, can't do any action, talking to an npc resets it but going into the sleep menu completely softlocks the game.
OK then RAM too slow or CPU too old^^ sons ka^^

Sangoku25

Jul 3, 2017
I say the sex system doesn't work at all and he writes that it has been fixed.
Then he should take it out if he can't.
And firstly debug it and later build the sex system and don't write wrong things.
I don't see any improvement with any update.
I'm not surprised if others also see it negatively

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
OK then RAM too slow or CPU too old^^ sons ka^^
RAM literally doesnt affect anything but loading times/asset loading and CPUs usually dont have the majority of workload, but the GPU does and is also highly affected by drivers state. diagnosing the source of perfomance issues when u know nothing besides a small part of his PCs specs is rather pointless since ur shooting in the dark that way.

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
I tried tinkering around to improve performance and this is what I found.
  • You can try launching game with -dx11 argument. Does not affect graphics quality but noticeably helps with performance in my case.
  • Try editing AppData\Local\WickedIsland\Saved\Config\Windows\GameUserSettings.ini settings file.
    1703785956932.png
    On screenshot I highlighted settings that for some reason are not present in game graphics settings. Try lowering their values and that should help with performance a lot. I don't recommend setting them less than 1, game can become very ugly. I set up Reflection (affects water a lot) and Effects to 1, and Shading (affects hair and maybe fur) to 2 without loosing much of picture quality.

Darkest Desire

Jr. Uploader
Nov 14, 2020
Lots of annoying small bugs in this game sadly. For me atleast, when I enter a door or portal, I lose all the waypoints on the map. So if I'm at the other side of the map, I have to walk all the way back... The wooden door also just keeps choosing its own place to spawn, even if I am able to place it down where I want, a few seconds later, and it's halfway through the floor.. Trying to play to the best of my ability, but sadly, seems I need to wait for a few more updates. But the game looks promising! Keep it up!

Slayer28

Apr 20, 2019
I tried tinkering around to improve performance and this is what I found.
  • You can try launching game with -dx11 argument. Does not affect graphics quality but noticeably helps with performance in my case.
  • Try editing AppData\Local\WickedIsland\Saved\Config\Windows\GameUserSettings.ini settings file.
    View attachment 3212307
    On screenshot I highlighted settings that for some reason are not present in game graphics settings. Try lowering their values and that should help with performance a lot. I don't recommend setting them less than 1, game can become very ugly. I set up Reflection (affects water a lot) and Effects to 1, and Shading (affects hair and maybe fur) to 2 without loosing much of picture quality.
You kind sir, are a life savor! I got just the bare minimum requirements however, the damn thing still wanted to annoy me :ROFLMAO:

summuNNN

Mar 2, 2020
i have a problem, its night and it never comes to daylight again. Even if i rest is always night time anyone else?

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
i have a problem, its night and it never comes to daylight again. Even if i rest is always night time anyone else?
Use the cheat menu to change time. You need to set up the hotkey for the cheat menu in the settings.
I also had to deal with that bug.

Reactions: summuNNN

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
When I read that, is it with the option to make sure that the monsters that fall on you are still defective?

View attachment 3210951
Is tis one Should it work? If not, he still hasn't fixed it, I'll test it

thanks for nothing is not fixed i have new make (n) View attachment 3210965
compleat broken View attachment 3210972

The game advertises what doesn't exist. I give up and stay away from that kind of ash
The AI is buggy and no longer attacks you when a scene is about to occur or simply knocks you down.

I don't know if that ever worked, for me at the moment the game is a big lie. (n) :(

I even turned on all the options and tried several monsters but the problem is the same - the Ki can't handle it. You're almost so buggy that you can't walk anymore. And many more bugs. Prank the sex scenes if you can't do that then it's not very playable
Have you tried to read the tutorials provided IG ?

Because what you're complaining about here points to the fact that you didn't.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Honestly I'm starting to question if it's a good idea for me to continue to leak the content of that game, given the critics coming from peeps that clearly forgot that the game is still in an Alpha state.
The dev doesn't deserve such bullshittery imho

Reactions: CaptainBipto

Tattletale21

Jan 26, 2020
IDK why this dev is getting such negative feedback...

sure, things need to be polished here and there. some of the features are rather disappointing and can be seen as too much ambition for a one-man dev indeed. If that's the case and you want the game to flourish with the content you desire, you should give proper feedback about what seems to be causing the problem and what would be the possible solution.

If the players' attitude is like 'this game sucks IDFK why I should play this shit', then the players should simply quit playing the game because it will make both players and dev unhappy and will do absolutely nothing productive... especially such games in early development. If dev doesn't care what the majority of players suggest without very good reason, that's another story tho.

That being said, I would suggest dev should focus on the framework and bug fixes rather than any extra content at this stage of the game. any extra content will be useless or simply cause rather unpleasant experiences for players.

Also, giving up some features of the game is considerable. For example, if the pregnancy feature is full of buggy mess and if it seems to do no good, why keep it while getting all the negative criticisms? If building feature is causing too much of development resource starvation, dev should consider giving up such feature because... it could be fun in the end, but nobody is getting aroused while building their own wooden house.
ah, yes, "if the players dont like it they can simply stop playing and not say anything at all". how i love this argument. you see, this argument is literally pointless, it's worthless pandering to people with sensitive feelings. you literally answered your own question in the first two sentences; why does the dev get hate? well, isn't it obvious? you listed a lot of the minor issues people are having with the game, let alone the major ones that have been mentioned on here.

tell me; how is a video game dev supposed to know what players are finding wrong with their game? how will they improve if they dont have anyone to tell them what's wrong in the first place? sure, they're a dev, but they can't do everything, and sometimes only some players will encounter a bug while others won't. it goes like that, really. players want their voices to be heard, and want devs of games they see with potential to improve. sure, they could be nicer about it - but the tone-deaf "i dont know why players are saying the game sucks" after pointing out many reasons why the game sucks is just *chef's kiss*.

look; you don't want a dev getting hate. that's ok. but when the game is slated for a full, fully-priced release that people will have to pay money for - on other platforms at least - and there are game-breaking issues that dont seem to be getting solved? then yeah, players are gonna be pissed and angry because it doesn't feel like they're being listened to and, therefore, like the dev doesn't really care.

also, people are scared of another Breeders of The Nephylem dilemma - the dev casually ignored players and their desires, actively does whatever they want, burn themselves out with 'no ideas', and then complain when they get backlash after not updating the game for literally over a year now. and they, too, were planning to seel it for a full release.

THAT'S why players are being harsh and complaining.

• Angry
Reactions: Wlms

AnonZeta

Jun 30, 2021
from my limited playing of the new version, its definitely a improvement, stability is better, less bugs I've notice and seems like its going alright, only noticed a few placeholder assets. one issue that seemed to come up was that the map is not as useful since you cannot see the whole island.

Reactions: Wlms
3.00 star(s) 46 Votes