3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
I think you just don't have enough resources to build. I spend quite some time too trying to understand why I can't place a fireplace. Turned out I just don't have enough stones collected and game doesn't notify you about this in any way.
Unless the stated requirements in the build window are wrong, I am pretty positive that I have enough resources.

Thanks for the help, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem was just that my 'tryhard potato' computer (i7-6700,GTX970,16GB ram) just can't try hard enough to deal with the game. The game is pretty laggy, even with low graphics settings, so it is possible that my machine just can't render/process something fast enough to recognize me trying to actually build things.

campfire.png

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
so...if a girl is getting railed by other, regular people, you're saying that's more original than strange, eldritch monsters and mythical creatures and beasts fucking them? i...you are aware that sex with creatures in video games is actually quite niche, yes? especially a pregnancy-based survival game?

woman gets screwed by monsters: "Oh look another survival-based pregnancy game where you fuck monsters and breed. how unoriginal!"

i will get on my hands and fucking knees begging you to tell me of other games like this. because if this is unoriginal then surely there must be hundreds?
I know right? Especially when there isn't a single fucking goblin in sight!

I think that's kind of why people are still invested so much to complain about this one's issues. It could be the chosen one.

fakeymcfake45

May 7, 2021
RAM literally doesnt affect anything but loading times/asset loading and CPUs usually dont have the majority of workload, but the GPU does and is also highly affected by drivers state. diagnosing the source of perfomance issues when u know nothing besides a small part of his PCs specs is rather pointless since ur shooting in the dark that way.
There doesn't seem to be a driver problem, the game is just very unoptimized, which is normal for an alpha build but usually not to this extent. Volumetric lighting shouldn't halve performance even in UE5. The problem is some people have a weird idea of what smooth means and consider anything over 30fps "smooth" regardless of frame time delivery.

Specially weird considering how low the draw distance is,. Compare performance with the UE5 build of carnal instinct for example, which looks insanely better and also runs great.

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
Right, the CPU is causing the GPU bottleneck.
If the game isn't well optimized that's probably the case. Nothing going on this game that should bottleneck any recent CPU but at this stage of development it's actually normal for a game to be unoptimized truthfully. That's usually something you focus on towards the end but it's kind of weird with the modern trend of early access or crowd funded beta's. Eventually he will just need to move more stuff onto the GPU.

fakeymcfake45

May 7, 2021
If the game isn't well optimized that's probably the case. Nothing going on this game that should bottleneck any recent CPU but at this stage of development it's actually normal for a game to be unoptimized truthfully. That's usually something you focus on towards the end but it's kind of weird with the modern trend of early access or crowd funded beta's. Eventually he will just need to move more stuff onto the GPU.
If that were the case then gpu usage would be lower, not 100% trying to render the game. Most likely it's just wrong settings, which is very common for UE games. Inexperienced devs see the "ultra" variables, use them because they want to make the game look better, and don't notice they're meant for archviz, not games.

eatwhatever

Nov 9, 2017
ah, yes, "if the players dont like it they can simply stop playing and not say anything at all". how i love this argument. you see, this argument is literally pointless, it's worthless pandering to people with sensitive feelings. you literally answered your own question in the first two sentences; why does the dev get hate? well, isn't it obvious? you listed a lot of the minor issues people are having with the game, let alone the major ones that have been mentioned on here.

tell me; how is a video game dev supposed to know what players are finding wrong with their game? how will they improve if they dont have anyone to tell them what's wrong in the first place? sure, they're a dev, but they can't do everything, and sometimes only some players will encounter a bug while others won't. it goes like that, really. players want their voices to be heard, and want devs of games they see with potential to improve. sure, they could be nicer about it - but the tone-deaf "i dont know why players are saying the game sucks" after pointing out many reasons why the game sucks is just *chef's kiss*.

look; you don't want a dev getting hate. that's ok. but when the game is slated for a full, fully-priced release that people will have to pay money for - on other platforms at least - and there are game-breaking issues that dont seem to be getting solved? then yeah, players are gonna be pissed and angry because it doesn't feel like they're being listened to and, therefore, like the dev doesn't really care.

also, people are scared of another Breeders of The Nephylem dilemma - the dev casually ignored players and their desires, actively does whatever they want, burn themselves out with 'no ideas', and then complain when they get backlash after not updating the game for literally over a year now. and they, too, were planning to seel it for a full release.

THAT'S why players are being harsh and complaining.
well, I understood your point. however, it's not like I don't want dev getting hate even for good reason.

If the product with malfunction has been sold to customers it is the customers' right to file complaints about false advertisement, malfunctions, bad A/S, etc... but then this 'product' is still in the testing stage and people have been warned that it's the experimental stage(AKA WIP, alpha or beta). It doesn't mean you can't complain at all, but you have to admit you tried the experimental product despite the downside or possible problems.

Also, people downloading the stuff and writing things here means they tried the product for free anyway...if the game somehow damaged their GPU/CPU for some hilarious reason, then the dev should take huge blame for such cases but I doubt if that is the case here.

If this was Steam and if we were writing reviews or feedback after paying for the product, yes I don't see the reason why dev not getting burned alive there. But here, IDK why I should blame the dev 'that harsh' when he's reading the threads.

Anyway, this was rather the correction of a few misunderstood points/intentions of my previous post. No offense intended to anyone. I just felt people should calm down a little bit and just laugh it off even when something stupid happens in the game cuz... it's still on WIP :) Or maybe people should check back this thread after a few years to see if it's a playable stage then.

Last edited:

Murakumo18

Apr 20, 2018
Wait so im a bit confused on how to continue the first quest. It says to find Grilled feral meat, but i can't continue the conversation with the fisherman even if I have grilled feral meat in my inventory.

EDIT: Started on a new game, was able to continue without an issue.

I suspect that dying probably caused the issue. (Dying actually might be the cause of a lot of issues I've run into now that I think about it)

Also while I wait for a response, what would be a good place to build a base?

Last edited:

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
Wait so im a bit confused on how to continue the first quest. It says to find Grilled feral meat, but i can't continue the conversation with the fisherman even if I have grilled feral meat in my inventory.

EDIT: Started on a new game, was able to continue without an issue.

I suspect that dying probably caused the issue. (Dying actually might be the cause of a lot of issues I've run into now that I think about it)

Also while I wait for a response, what would be a good place to build a base?
I'm not seeing anything in the latest notes about the build system being fixed but I haven't played this version yet. I couldn't get doors to stay in place nor could I get the "sleep buff" to activate within any player built structure so building didn't really seem all that relevant. If teleporting worked consistently I'd say set up near a teleporation point but again I'm not seeing anything about that either, so anywhere that looks pretty, is flat, and has no nearby spawns is as good as any.

Murakumo18

Apr 20, 2018
I'm not seeing anything in the latest notes about the build system being fixed but I haven't played this version yet. I couldn't get doors to stay in place nor could I get the "sleep buff" to activate within any player built structure so building didn't really seem all that relevant. If teleporting worked consistently I'd say set up near a teleporation point but again I'm not seeing anything about that either, so anywhere that looks pretty, is flat, and has no nearby spawns is as good as any.
I managed to get a building to work to the point where it counts as a shelter.

You don't even need the door. Just set up the foundation walls, and ceiling and it counts.

On that note though, the game is now refusing to let me sleep, and constantly gives me "you can't sleep with enemies nearby"

jav253

Sep 12, 2019
I downloaded the newest version to try it out. Honestly it looks buggier than the release I played a year ago. Basic things I expected by now like ability to craft a torch so you can see at night are still not in. The babies seem to disappear after birth now. Can't sleep at all just messages about enemies being nearby. I like the new loading screen art I guess. Still excited about eventually playing the full release of this one but it looks like it's going to take a while.

Reactions: hickdx3

son09918

Apr 14, 2023
I downloaded the newest version to try it out. Honestly it looks buggier than the release I played a year ago. Basic things I expected by now like ability to craft a torch so you can see at night are still not in. The babies seem to disappear after birth now. Can't sleep at all just messages about enemies being nearby. I like the new loading screen art I guess. Still excited about eventually playing the full release of this one but it looks like it's going to take a while.
how to have follower

XyrexDread

Apr 10, 2022
There doesn't seem to be a driver problem, the game is just very unoptimized, which is normal for an alpha build but usually not to this extent. Volumetric lighting shouldn't halve performance even in UE5. The problem is some people have a weird idea of what smooth means and consider anything over 30fps "smooth" regardless of frame time delivery.

Specially weird considering how low the draw distance is,. Compare performance with the UE5 build of carnal instinct for example, which looks insanely better and also runs great.
when a game isn't optimized it can be more stressful for the GPU/system than a benchmark. everything could be responsible. i've seen all kinds of shenanigans being responsible for insane performance issues/high temperatures, even UI implementation.

3D_Boss

Mar 19, 2023
ok, first: very well done. dont you feel so special? look at you, telling someone with a valid criticism of your useless comment that they're on pills for a mental disorder of somesuch! don't you feel so proud?

second: i dunno, bro, if that was your meaning you could have just, you know, wrote that? "Why aren't there any female monsters?" that wouldn't have been too hard now, would it?

third: what's 'going on in my head' is that you're either incredibly mentally unwell to be posting something like you did and then acting like everyone else is at fault, or you really did mean to write 'inclusion of female monsters' in which...pfft, yeah ok.

what's the matter, forget to take your pills or what?
sorry too long text bye

faerer

Oct 17, 2017
Anybody know how to type in the console commands so they work properly?
I've found the commands in the console, but can't get them to work, like: SpawnItem Wood 1, but it doesn't work.

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes