3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Add here alse Fatal Error if kill enemy. Lot of clotches visual bugs. Broken level system. No swiming animation, because instead of submerging, we walking like Jesus on water.
I mean, yeah, je version 0.8.5.3 is fucked, need to test the hotfixed one to see if there are any improvements.
Remember that the game is in alpha though, glitches, missings anims or game breaking bugs have to be expected.
Best advice I can give is to wait for reports from people before updating from your last most stable version.

If you want you can go on the discord to report your bugs, it helps the dev

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Since the OP haven't updated yet, here's the new version

OP's been updated to last version

Update 0.8.5.3.1 Hotfix

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

READ THE CHANGELOG BEFORE DOWNLOADING
This version is more stable than the previous one, but there are still important bugs going on.

Anyway, you've been warned, here's the link :

Last edited:

VictorDoUrden

May 5, 2020
Lots of great advise and feedback, thank you! Very much appreciate it!

As for commenting code, i do that when necessary but prefer to use very descriptive function and variable names to make the code easy to follow. A very small example below. The issues with bugs in the project is not due to badly commented code, more about legacy code from frameworks used as well as an overall code architecture that isnt ideal (i would do things very differently if i started out today).
Most new bugs in the latest release are in fact from refactoring old messy code (that worked) into better structured and architected code.
View attachment 3999109

As for being a professional developer, i have been very clear since the start of the project that i do this part time outside of work as a hobby with no prior coding experience. I was convinced by the community to set up a subscribestar page and resisted it for a long time.
The reason being that people would start feeling entitled to certain results or outcomes.
The reality is that i now do get paid for working on the project, like you stated. But i will continue to work on it as a hobby as that is what it is to me.

If that is something people don't like, they can simply stop paying to support the project, it's not what puts food on my table. In fact it mostly goes to the expenses for development and paying my contractor, if i spread what i have earned across the time spent, my hourly salary from the project so far is about 5$/h.

I just released a hotfix update that hopefully address the worst bugs in the last release. Most issues where do to a lack of time to do proper playtesting as they where all fairly easy to spot. I wish i could do more playtesting but i rarely have the time to do it and have to rely on the community to a large extent, which results in some messy releases.

Anyways, thank you for your comment and interest in the game, i hope i didn't come off as too defensive, as im merely trying to explain my point of view :)
Pretty damn fucking sure it has already happened with over 100 pages... but Ima ask anyway cause Im curious. How many mention getting the reference to the kiwi Viva La Dirtleague?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Baelin is a recurring character in the Epic NPC Man series as the village fisherman in Honeywood. One of his handful of scripted voice lines is "Mornin', nice day for fishin, ain't it? HuHAH!"
Thanks for that. I was scratching my head as well, trying to figure out what he meant.

I knew Kiwi was a reference to people from New Zealand and that Viva La Dirt League was a YouTube group.
(funny as hell skits about gamers, NPCS, and various stupid things people do in games)

I never made the connection to the fisherman in this game to that character, I never knew the name of that NPC they always used.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
Baelin is a recurring character in the Epic NPC Man series as the village fisherman in Honeywood. One of his handful of scripted voice lines is "Mornin', nice day for fishin, ain't it? HuHAH!"
Yeah, I know that iconic character ! Even saw the short movie about his adventure

Thanks for that. I was scratching my head as well, trying to figure out what he meant.

I knew Kiwi was a reference to people from New Zealand and that Viva La Dirt League was a YouTube group.
(funny as hell skits about gamers, NPCS, and various stupid things people do in games)

I never made the connection to the fisherman in this game to that character, I never knew the name of that NPC they always used.

Hold on, is it that I'm terminally dumb and never noticed the name of the fisherman in the game? Don't tell me it's that. Please.

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, I know that iconic character ! Even saw the short movie about his adventure

Hold on, is it that I'm terminally dumb and never noticed the name of the fisherman in the game? Don't tell me it's that. Please.
You never noticed that the fisherman has a name or that you never noticed the fisherman's name?
I knew the fisherman had a name, I just never paid any attention to it, he was the 'newbie quest giver' and that is about all I remember about him.

Either way, you are probably still a step or two ahead of me. I never pay much attention to names in a game, I am usually too busy playing the game and chasing the next shiny, so references and hints in an NPC's name tend to fly right over my head.

Wlms

Apr 17, 2021
You never noticed that the fisherman has a name or that you never noticed the fisherman's name?
I knew the fisherman had a name, I just never paid any attention to it, he was the 'newbie quest giver' and that is about all I remember about him.

Either way, you are probably still a step or two ahead of me. I never pay much attention to names in a game, I am usually too busy playing the game and chasing the next shiny, so references and hints in an NPC's name tend to fly right over my head.
Basically, my question was implying "is the fisherman's name in the game "Baelin?", or is it actually referring to some quotes he says? To be honest, I don't even take the time to read anymore, I skip his dialogues as quickly as possible

grahegri

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
WickedIsland-0.8.5.3.1Hotfix
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Qemist1437

joshieboy25

Sep 22, 2023
how do i get this to fix? this is so annoying, i made sure i created a new save, i deleted all presets, what am i doing wrong here besides the obvious fact that it should be the other way around

• Haha
Reactions: bustuf347

Sololfzx

Apr 21, 2018
Bug Report: Just tried to make a steel spear, but i received an iron spear instead. I checked the stats against a spawned one, and it had the Iron level stats.

OniMech

Jul 24, 2024
Man, this must be one of the most broken games I've ever tried.
Enter dungeon? Levels reset. Save+load? Levels reset. Kills the entire reason to play it further than bronze tier stuff.
0.8.5.2. has working parries, combat time slow, I could finish damned quests that were given and it looks more like a game that is meant to be.
What the hell happened? Transition from UE4 to UE5?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Basically, my question was implying "is the fisherman's name in the game "Baelin?", or is it actually referring to some quotes he says? To be honest, I don't even take the time to read anymore, I skip his dialogues as quickly as possible
The name of the fisherman is Baelin.

NebulaQuill

Formerly 'Tuco.'
Mar 25, 2023
This might be the buggiest game I have ever played.
Npcs freezing in the air.
Player fell through the map more than once.
Getting attacked by invisible enemies.
Getting killed for no reason when climbing stairs.
ALSO NO CONTROLLER SUPPORT. (PLEASE ADD THIS)

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes