2.90 star(s) 60 Votes

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
yes after dinner.

edit: after going to emily's room it works just fine. well gotta test further tomorrow.
i took a quick look over the code .. again

i recommend to drop this game till its fixed/rewritten ... (maybe the uploads are borked , idk)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well on this sister project (same assets) only bug is that saves don't work always.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
So tried the game with the incest patch for the first time. It kind of works but seems inconsistent, like switching back and forth now tocalling the mom, aunt and dad by her name or still calling the aunt "Julia's friend" instead of her sister early on so far. Wanted to know if this was always the case or if it's just cause the patch isn't updated with the new version yet? o_O

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So tried the game with the incest patch for the first time. It kind of works but seems inconsistent, like switching back and forth now tocalling the mom, aunt and dad by her name or still calling the aunt "Julia's friend" instead of her sister early on so far. Wanted to know if this was always the case or if it's just cause the patch isn't updated with the new version yet? o_O
That's due to the nature of patching something that isn't designed to have incest in the text. What I mean by that is that the game clearly has incestuous relationships intended, but because of restrictions (like on Patreon), it can't have that officially in the game. If it were designed more with incest intended to be unhidden, you'd have something like this in the code:
Python:
    if patch == True:
        "I can't believe I'm finally inside of my own mother!"
    else:
        "I can't believe I'm finally inside of you, Julia!"
But, you don't have that in this case.

There are different kinds of patches to handle changes to show the incest. In this case, it's just a find-and-replace function of variables in the script:
Python:
    def nameChange( txt ):
        if "[Kate]" in txt:
            return txt.replace("[Kate]","Aunt")
        elif "[Julia]" in txt:
            return txt.replace("[Julia]","Mom")
        elif "[Andrew]" in txt:
            return txt.replace("[Andrew]","Dad")
        else:
            return txt
Because it is just replacing where the variables show up, whenever a variable isn't used, it won't get replaced. So if a line, let's say, accidentally has something like, I love your cooking, Julia instead of I love your cooking, [Julia], her name won't get replaced with the patch.

Beyond that, even if it replaced all instances of either the variable or the name, it would sound weird sometimes. For example, of course the MC and Emily would refer to Julia as "mom", but Steven wouldn't, right? So if you replaced all instances where Julia is used, it would likely sound fine (at least, usually), like in the example I gave above. What if Steven (who isn't related at all) used her name, though? If he said, "I can't believe Julia would do that!" and her name were replaced, you'd see Steven saying, "I can't believe Mom would do that!" . . . which doesn't fit.

Generally, unless the developer themselves provides an incest patch — which usually means the developer has coded with the intent of their text to read well either with or without incest content — you're going to get a flawed result.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I use mac and I got folder after extract game not the game, so help me pls!
So just an empty folder? Ren'Py games are found in their own individual folders and with everything the engine needs to run the game. If you open the folder, there should be more folders as well as files inside it.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Are there any cheats? I can't progress Emily, the room scene with the laptop. I suspect it's because I only have 3 love points, not sure why

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Was there any up to date walkthrough?? Thx
There is an in-game hint system you can use. Just click the pocket-like icon in the upper right and then click on the name along the top. You'll see what the next event is with hints on how to get there. There really isn't a step-by-step walkthrough, although there have been plenty of posts in this thread to answer questions if you get stuck anywhere.

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Frustrating. I think I'm stuck. I have to catch Katherine at her house before she goes to work, but no matter how many times or days I've tried, she's nowhere insight. Not sure how to proceed now.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Frustrating. I think I'm stuck. I have to catch Katherine at her house before she goes to work, but no matter how many times or days I've tried, she's nowhere insight. Not sure how to proceed now.
As has been said on this thread not long ago, if you can't complete the quest for one character, it's very possible you need to complete the quests for other characters first. This game doesn't do a very good job of letting you know which other character(s) you need to advance before the current one you're working on can progress. So, if you can't progress with Kathrine, it's possible either Julia, Emily, Amanda, or Andrew/Steve need to move forward first.

Reactions: Firebeast

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Mmmm that is another problem. I can only speak to the mom in the kitchen and no one else apart from saying hi to his sister when she's eating.

As has been said on this thread not long ago, if you can't complete the quest for one character, it's very possible you need to complete the quests for other characters first. This game doesn't do a very good job of letting you know which other character(s) you need to advance before the current one you're working on can progress. So, if you can't progress with Kathrine, it's possible either Julia, Emily, Amanda, or Andrew/Steve need to move forward first.

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
I'm not sure if this is the same problem I had, but there was one quest with Katherine that escaped me for a while because I never realized that the MC could go into Katherine's backyard/patio area. If you've already checked, then that obviously isn't it.

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Is there something I need to click on in there? I can go to her backyard for a long time now.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem I had, but there was one quest with Katherine that escaped me for a while because I never realized that the MC could go into Katherine's backyard/patio area. If you've already checked, then that obviously isn't it.

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
Is there something I need to click on in there? I can go to her backyard for a long time now.
If you already go there, then that's not your problem. For me, it was just that I didn't know the MC could go there. I think the ability to go to the backyard was added in one update and I never realized it.

Reactions: Firebeast

pthieenlong

Nov 11, 2019
So just an empty folder? Ren'Py games are found in their own individual folders and with everything the engine needs to run the game. If you open the folder, there should be more folders as well as files inside it.
Yes, the folder has many files in it but the main reason is I don't have an app like the other game

2.90 star(s) 60 Votes