2.90 star(s) 60 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So, the usual, a tiny bit of new content and a whole bunch of stuff that anybody who played the previous update won't care about. Well, they might care about savegames being broken... for at least the 5th time. I'm thinking I should wait until this game gets the [Completed] tag before playing again... assuming it ever does... and assuming I live long enough.
It's much worse for him if people on steam start cry about the game is broken, than a bunch of freeloaders that doesn't support him at all does. As long as the game is being worked on it's still good, even you don't get what you want, when you want it. If the savegames get broken due to bad code, then it's better the code get fixed now than later and the risk of have to play through even more content to catch up.

Reactions: Firebeast

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
error first happened with patch applied so i figured the error was caused from patch BUT then i deleted and and re-extracted game WITHOUT patch and same error same spot on a brand new game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Only error the patch give is this one at the start of the game afaik.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/zz_patch.rpy", line 157, in script
    if in_s_replay:
  File "game/zz_patch.rpy", line 157, in <module>
    if in_s_replay:
NameError: name 'in_s_replay' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/zz_patch.rpy", line 157, in script
    if in_s_replay:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
  File "game/zz_patch.rpy", line 157, in <module>
    if in_s_replay:
NameError: name 'in_s_replay' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Wicked Paradise 
Wed Apr 20 10:51:02 2022

If you try to load a old save, then you would get bombarded by all those errors you listed though. I just tried to start a fresh game and had no issue other than the patch did give the same error it did, as it gave on previous version..

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
can't use old saves (rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggg ssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppprrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiise (NOT)) so game is put on ignore list until either its complete or saves work between versions.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
then the dev changed something in the code.Sorry to say but i give this mod up.I will not continue because i didn´t played this game since a few versions so for me it makes no sence to continue this mod
I started the game fresh both last update, and this one. The only error the mod display, is the one I posted previous page. As for his errors, that looks more like he tried to load a old save, and not really related to your patch.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
then the dev changed something in the code.Sorry to say but i give this mod up.I will not continue because i didn´t played this game since a few versions so for me it makes no sence to continue this mod
yea smart move. no use to play since needs to restart like on every other version.

Reactions: mikecd199817

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I started the game fresh both last update, and this one. The only error the mod display, is the one I posted previous page. As for his errors, that looks more like he tried to load a old save, and not really related to your patch.
your error is in my mod.it is basicly the last line of it.I think the dev changed something in his code

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
your error is in my mod.it is basicly the last line of it.I think the dev changed something in his code
I rushed through the game again. And your patch only give that error at the start. you can ignore it and carry on, it doesn't have any (visible) impact on the game. At least I didn't encounter any more errors.

Furyan

Nov 16, 2017
I stopped playing for a while, but every time I check the updates and the changelogs is the same, always something about bugs codes and systems, nothing about content, can someone that still care tell me if you can fuck mom, aunt or sister?

Reactions: moi69 and waltage

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I rushed through the game again. And your patch only give that error at the start. you can ignore it and carry on, it doesn't have any (visible) impact on the game. At least I didn't encounter any more errors.
the mod has the complete intro inside and the rest is only name change so the mod didn´t touch the rest basicly

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I think there is a bug. The log shows the Optional event for Emily as completed but I have never even seen it. Is there a way to retrigger it? What even is it? Also, in the log, the first optional even for Julia gets canceled. What triggers that?

Also here's another BB code error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
  File "game/script/Home/sf_jr/sf_jr.rpy", line 57, in execute
  File "game/script/Home/sf_jr/sf_jr.rpy", line 59, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'images/home/sf_e/jr/j_hjr_e_opt_1/j_hjr_e_opt_1_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script/Home/sf_jr/sf_jr.rpyc", line 117, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2015, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2003, in call
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3136, in call_screen
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3325, in interact
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 568, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
  File "renpy/display\core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
  File "renpy/display\screen.py", line 637, in update
  File "game/script/Home/sf_jr/sf_jr.rpy", line 59, in execute
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 951, in _imagebutton
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 945, in choice
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'images/home/sf_e/jr/j_hjr_e_opt_1/j_hjr_e_opt_1_%s.png').

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Wicked Paradise
Wed Apr 20 09:49:28 2022
This happens when going to Julia's bedroom at the beginning of the game, before talking to Emily as was requested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf
2.90 star(s) 60 Votes