Muingo

Aug 16, 2019
Yo fidless, long time follower of Wicked Rogue here. Maybe you remember me as the "pls add autosave"-guy. I remember the day you announced this rework i finished my latest "from the scratch"-playthrough to have a clean and maxed out savefile for things to come. I was kinda pissed that this savegame was... well... getting useless. And you just got me fixed on this dungeon-crawl feature!
Nonetheless I knew that the production value of such a rework will be phenomenal and what we can see so far is just as expected. The new models of the girls and overall look of the sequences look great. Get me a ticket for the hype train.
I wish you and your writer all the best and success for the "restart" of your project!

Reactions: fidless

Talion

Nov 12, 2016
Unfortunately I agree with the poster on the previous page. The reworked girls look significantly less appealing to me than they did before.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
fidless, will we be able to choose what the girls call the MC during lewd scenes, or will they all he calling the MC "master"?
I'm not adding customization to this, I don't see its relevance. It's appropriate for servants to call someone with the MC status as Master. Tho waifus (Kisayo, Nekomi, Oshi) will refer to MC with more personal callings. Kisayo likes to call MC "Darling" no matter how much he objects to it. :coffee:

Also, Some news. :love:

someremove

May 6, 2020
I'm not adding customization to this, I don't see its relevance. It's appropriate for servants to call someone with the MC status as Master. Tho waifus (Kisayo, Nekomi, Oshi) will refer to MC with more personal callings. Kisayo likes to call MC "Darling" no matter how much he objects to it. :coffee:

Also, Some news. :love:
Okay cool. Don't want to mess with your vision. Excited to check out the refined version once it's out.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Ohh... don't worry about that. It's a big improvement in quality.

Thank you for your kind words, I hope you'll enjoy playing Refine as much or even more. I put a lot of work into improving new/old original environments, hopefully, once you try it out, you'll see it's for the better.

old
View attachment 1512307
new
View attachment 1512309

As for Fudeyo, she was always supposed to be the epitome of ideal oiran (Oiran (花魁) was a specific category of high ranking courtesan in Japanese history).

View attachment 1512349

I wanted to have that distinctive "Madam" feel to her, and her current design achieves it perfectly for me.

View attachment 1512354
View attachment 1512355

Her style didn't fit her role being blonde and wearing a Chinese blue dress even though the setting of the story is a fictional Asian country. It was just out of place. But I can assure you, I'll be adding more oirans as side characters for gameplay purposes, possibly with more exotic looks.
OK.New design for Fudeyo,my favorite girl from the game.
I probably will miss her old look and especially the blonde hair,but this new approach is making her even more stunning.
Good job.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
OK.New design for Fudeyo,my favorite girl from the game.
I probably will miss her old look and especially the blonde hair,but this new approach is making her even more stunning.
Good job.
It's more similar to her original design, but I couldn't find her proper outfit, so I put whatever I had at that time (blue dress). The current outfit is custom combined with various objects pieces and retextured.

Also, Mei's design was rather different too.
Screenshot_3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: armion82

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It's more similar to her original design, but I couldn't find her proper outfit, so I put whatever I had at that time (blue dress). The current outfit is custom combined with various objects pieces and retextured.

Also, Mei's design was rather different too.
View attachment 1540032
Her original name was Hara,not Kono?

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Her original name was Hara,not Kono?
Yes, tho it's a family name.
In Japanese, the surname comes before the given name. Thus, a person with surname Yamamoto and given name Sanae is referred to as Yamamoto Sanae.

notmm27

Oct 28, 2018
will the management system be similar to the old one or will it be totally revamped? even though i REALLY enjoyed the previous management style compared to other games, it became too repetitive when i just wanted to fapped. i usually "save" up scenes to fap at the end of my playing session to really enjoy the story without too much boner distraction.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
will the management system be similar to the old one or will it be totally revamped? even though i REALLY enjoyed the previous management style compared to other games, it became too repetitive when i just wanted to fapped. i usually "save" up scenes to fap at the end of my playing session to really enjoy the story without too much boner distraction.
It'll be continuously improved (it is still in the early phase). Right now I increased from the original 75 customers types to 534 with ~178 new portraits and created three tiers feudal system (commoners, samurai, nobility), plus added a preference system for bodies and personality for each oiran, plus extra other customers perks for special effects. Also, I'm planning to add extra oirans. Obviously, everything becomes dull over time, but I'll keep adding extra variety to this system during development to make it more diverse and interesting.

i usually "save" up scenes to fap at the end of my playing session to really enjoy the story without too much boner distraction.
You can use gallery to replay the scenes :)

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It'll be continuously improved (it is still in the early phase). Right now I increased from the original 75 customers types to 534 with ~178 new portraits and created three tiers feudal system (commoners, samurai, nobility), plus added a preference system for bodies and personality for each oiran, plus extra other customers perks for special effects. Also, I'm planning to add extra oirans. Obviously, everything becomes dull over time, but I'll keep adding extra variety to this system during development to make it more diverse and interesting.

You can use gallery to replay the scenes :)
That's a lot more:)
BTW someone must do new fan sig.
And just yesterday I was thinking to use one of Fudeyo sig.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Her style didn't fit her role being blonde and wearing a Chinese blue dress even though the setting of the story is a fictional Asian country. It was just out of place. But I can assure you, I'll be adding more oirans as side characters for gameplay purposes, possibly with more exotic looks.
This is a great explanation, thanks. That makes complete sense.

... now the same explanation for Kisayo? :p I too am in the "I preferred Kisayo's original look" camp. I imagine you have your reasons for changing her visual design, but would you mind sharing those reasons?

Reactions: kovacsmike60

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
This is a great explanation, thanks. That makes complete sense.

... now the same explanation for Kisayo? :p I too am in the "I preferred Kisayo's original look" camp. I imagine you have your reasons for changing her visual design, but would you mind sharing those reasons?
Red eyes are my favorite, that's why Saka's and Yura's eyes were red, but in the second release I introduced Kisayo. She would've been red-eye beauty, but three is too much. So, now, Kisayo gets red eyes and Saka with Yura, pink-brow eyes. They're still beautiful.

mmhuip_145_3.png

And I have opportunities to tell people that Kisayo, Nekomi and Otsu are RGB waifus triplets. Red-Green-Blue.
It just, Red is perfect for Kisayo. Some may disagree, but I just can't make her eyes different colors. It's just right for her. It also fits perfectly with the dominant game color - red. The importance of that is significant in my mind to correlate her with the game's color palette as from all the three (4?) waifu's, she's the most psychologically dominant over the MC. So, it only fits that one of the main heroine color themes aligns with the game's main color palette.

P.S interesting fact, all four (Kisayo, Nekomi, Oshi, Yaichi) have one detail in common. Red. Every one of them wears something "red".

Last edited:

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Ohh... don't worry about that. It's a big improvement in quality.

Thank you for your kind words, I hope you'll enjoy playing Refine as much or even more. I put a lot of work into improving new/old original environments, hopefully, once you try it out, you'll see it's for the better.

old
View attachment 1512307
new
View attachment 1512309

As for Fudeyo, she was always supposed to be the epitome of ideal oiran (Oiran (花魁) was a specific category of high ranking courtesan in Japanese history).

View attachment 1512349

I wanted to have that distinctive "Madam" feel to her, and her current design achieves it perfectly for me.

View attachment 1512354
View attachment 1512355

Awww, I got used to Fudeyo as a blonde, she stood out from the others as a "foreigner" as much as Mei with her bright red hair. As it stands, my Fude-chan (Fudekins!) is still top Concubine since I'm eventually going to marry 'you-know-who'; but we'll see how it goes with the rewrite and whether or not I go easy on her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(P.S.- I AM glad her hairstyle has changed, that bun she used to wear kind of bugged me)