Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
I hadn't kept an eye on the old thread for a while, so I didn't even notice you were doing this. And now I have, I just have to add to the voices saying that I don't approve. Sorry.

You're free to do whatever you want, of course, but here's the thing: I liked Wicked Rouge. I wanted to see it complete. Suddenly deciding you're going to chuck the game in the bin and start making it again but somewhat different doesn't get me excited, it's discouraging. Even if you think Refine is better, it's like you started building a perfectly nice house, but then before you finished putting the roof on and the doors in you said "I can do better" and started building a new house from the ground up. It just doesn't inspire confidence in your ability to actually COMPLETE a project.

Also, I mentioned in the last thread that I didn't like the new design of Kisayo. I've kind of warmed up to it a bit since I've seen a few more renders but now... Saka, Yura and Fudeyo? Just NO. They ALL. LOOK. THE SAME. Yura was pixieish, innocent and mischievous, Saka was elegant, demure and mature, Fudeyo was exotic, sexy and dominant, now they all have effectively the same face, hair and eyes. I don't care what justifications you have, those redesigns are just flat-out garbage. Fudeyo especially has gone from a 10/10 to a 1/10. She's not even blonde any more! I'm not going to apologise for having these opinions, because I simply can't even FATHOM how you could possibly think of these new designs as an improvement rather than a catastrophe. Just... why...?

Sorry, but for the time being (and probably for the forseeable future), I'll just stick to playing the last build of the old game. I loved your work, but I can't think anything than that you've massively dropped the ball here.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I hadn't kept an eye on the old thread for a while, so I didn't even notice you were doing this. And now I have, I just have to add to the voices saying that I don't approve. Sorry.

You're free to do whatever you want, of course, but here's the thing: I liked Wicked Rouge. I wanted to see it complete. Suddenly deciding you're going to chuck the game in the bin and start making it again but somewhat different doesn't get me excited, it's discouraging. Even if you think Refine is better, it's like you started building a perfectly nice house, but then before you finished putting the roof on and the doors in you said "I can do better" and started building a new house from the ground up. It just doesn't inspire confidence in your ability to actually COMPLETE a project.

Also, I mentioned in the last thread that I didn't like the new design of Kisayo. I've kind of warmed up to it a bit since I've seen a few more renders but now... Saka, Yura and Fudeyo? Just NO. They ALL. LOOK. THE SAME. Yura was pixieish, innocent and mischievous, Saka was elegant, demure and mature, Fudeyo was exotic, sexy and dominant, now they all have effectively the same face, hair and eyes. I don't care what justifications you have, those redesigns are just flat-out garbage. Fudeyo especially has gone from a 10/10 to a 1/10. She's not even blonde any more! I'm not going to apologise for having these opinions, because I simply can't even FATHOM how you could possibly think of these new designs as an improvement rather than a catastrophe. Just... why...?

Sorry, but for the time being (and probably for the forseeable future), I'll just stick to playing the last build of the old game. I loved your work, but I can't think anything than that you've massively dropped the ball here.
Thank you for your opinion., but trying out the game before judging wouldn't hurt, would it? (y)

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Public Release

Also out of curiosity fidless: What's the planned public release schedule going forward? As in how many days after Jade?

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Public Release

Also out of curiosity fidless: What's the planned public release schedule going forward? As in how many days after Jade?
We have a story for several updates now, but it's me lagging because of the initial complexity of setting up a new project. But I plan to release monthly updates from now on. Collaboration working out very well and the game has main systems in place already.

Reactions: DudePersonA

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
We have a story for several updates now, but it's me lagging because of the initial complexity of setting up a new project. But I plan to release monthly updates from now on. Collaboration working out very well and the game has main systems in place already.
Having played the public release now, I can say honestly that you've done an excellent job.

The writing is solid, the scenes and animations are excellent.

I withhold judgement on the brothel systems until things are further along, but I messed with that enough to see that it seems to be functioning well.

Only thing I noticed is that the only way to silence sex noises is full mute. That could be important for some players.

Indexless

Aug 25, 2017
It already has ~3 hours of content with multiple spicy scenes which are animated at greater care compared to the old version. Plus new training visuals close to 100 variation and the night services.
And we're not catching up with the old WR, it's new content.
That's good then. I've seen plenty of games crash and burn because interest dies out due to people not playing the game each update because it has less content then the version before the redoing. Hope you keep up the good work and I wish you the best in making it cause this is legit in my top 3 games on this site. Not enough brothel management games.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I'm planning to add at least ~12 other oirans (the way I programmed logic game can easily support up to 32 without too much work). There'll be enough diversity in hairs and other things.
I like your signatures.
Too bad I can have only 2.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
I wish we had an option to switch Fudeyo hair back to blonde :cautious:
I still have no idea WHY he changed her in the first place.

Just... why?

Why?

WHY?!

I'm not joking or being facetious, I really want to know what made the designer sit down and say to themselves "OK, here's one of our most distinctive, unique and gorgeous women, how can I redesign her to make her complete boring, bland and forgettable?"

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I still have no idea WHY he changed her in the first place.

Just... why?

Why?

WHY?!

I'm not joking or being facetious, I really want to know what made the designer sit down and say to themselves "OK, here's one of our most distinctive, unique and gorgeous women, how can I redesign her to make her complete boring, bland and forgettable?"
614b54476b6c322fe8bbaf1c7e999afa.jpg

Enough is enough. Whatever changes happen, it will never satisfy everyone. Lucky, you can ignore the game if you wish it. I heard your complaint, repeating 10 times won't change anything. I explained myself numerous times.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
View attachment 1553359

Enough is enough. Whatever changes happen, it will never satisfy everyone. Lucky, you can ignore the game if you wish it. I heard your complaint, repeating 10 times won't change anything. I explained myself numerous times.
You should take the feedback that people give you. I've been playing the old version for months, that character was one of the most unique and you made her bland in the rework. Many projects die because of a Dev's arrogant attitude.

Reactions: anon8525

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
You should take the feedback that people give you. I've been playing the old version for months, that character was one of the most unique and you made her bland in the rework. Many projects die because of a Dev's arrogant attitude.
And many more appreciated the effort and I already talked over it for 5 months in detail with people who play the game. Flip-flopping on decisions will not take you anywhere. Trying to please everyone will only break you. Because it's an impossible task.

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Before I delude myself with false hope any further I am just going to ask. Despite the phenomenal UI design and animation work in the last game, I quit very early on once I found out that the story had you basically force two innocent girls into prostitution after having spent time to get to know them. No amount of "I wish I didn't have to do this" could salvage the story for me. Employing established sex workers is one thing. They've done it before and are in that life for reasons unrelated to my actions and as long as I don't have to watch them then I can live with that.

But having a direct hand in introducing someone to that life style? And then having to watch all the scenes with them go through it? Nah that's not my jam. Especially after going through their character story arc. Just doesn't sit will with me. So I said my piece, wished the dev good luck and left the game, again, despite recognizing that a lot of time and effort was put in to make it a quality production. So I am not kink shaming, I get there's an audience for that but different strokes and all that.

The reason I am here now though is that I've seen mentions of a rewrite and change in direction etc...so will it be any different this time around or will it be more or less the same?

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Before I delude myself with false hope any further I am just going to ask. Despite the phenomenal UI design and animation work in the last game, I quit very early on once I found out that the story had you basically force two innocent girls into prostitution after having spent time to get to know them. No amount of "I wish I didn't have to do this" could salvage the story for me. Employing established sex workers is one thing. They've done it before and are in that life for reasons unrelated to my actions and as long as I don't have to watch them then I can live with that.

But having a direct hand in introducing someone to that life style? And then having to watch all the scenes with them go through it? Nah that's not my jam. Especially after going through their character story arc. Just doesn't sit will with me. So I said my piece, wished the dev good luck and left the game, again, despite recognizing that a lot of time and effort was put in to make it a quality production. So I am not kink shaming, I get there's an audience for that but different strokes and all that.

The reason I am here now though is that I've seen mentions of a rewrite and change in direction etc...so will it be any different this time around or will it be more or less the same?
With REFINE we introduce romance "waifus" early on. It's still mainly a "harem" game, but optional more extreme/or/darker content will be plenty. You can choose not to whore oirans if you wish, there'll be plenty of them if you have some favorites you want to keep for yourself, but the player still takes the role of pleasure house master and it's a big theme. If anything except vanilla handhold headpat harems disturbs you, you better try something else.
I know how it's important to have relatable heroines, but we also like to have optional spiciness too which a good part will be integrated into how well you'll play (choices or actions/achievements). Makes game more diverse and fun whatever you manage to get good routes or bad routes.

Reactions: Yukihirou

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
With REFINE we introduce romance "waifus" early on. It's still mainly a "harem" game, but optional more extreme/or/darker content will be plenty. You can choose not to whore oirans if you wish, there'll be plenty of them if you have some favorites you want to keep for yourself, but the player still takes the role of pleasure house master and it's a big theme. If anything except vanilla handhold headpat harems disturbs you, you better try something else.
I know how it's important to have relatable heroines, but we also like to have optional spiciness too which a good part will be integrated into how well you'll play (choices or actions/achievements).
Having an option is the whole point though. Not having the option to spare those two girls at the start and then having to watch them is why I quit the first game. (I'm sorry I don't remember their names. its been a long time since the first release).
Like I remember wondering to myself why hiring some off screen workers to keep the business going wasn't an option. Even if you had starting money(details fuzzy, that was one of the starting class perks right? Merchant or something?) It just didnt make any sense to me.
If you are saying that players will have agency in deciding who does what or simply not at all then I will give REFINE a try.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Having an option is the whole point though. Not having the option to spare those two girls at the start and then having to watch them is why I quit the first game. (I'm sorry I don't remember their names. its been a long time since the first release).
Like I remember wondering to myself why hiring some off screen workers to keep the business going wasn't an option. Even if you had starting money(details fuzzy, that was one of the starting class perks right? Merchant or something?) It just didnt make any sense to me.
If you are saying that players will have agency in deciding who does what or simply not at all then I will give REFINE a try.
Because Saka and Yura ARE your workers. They're not your heroines who you need to save, they're your employees to make money. But whoring them is optional now. If you don't want to make them work as oirans, just don't assign them to work as such.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Because Saka and Yura ARE your workers. They're not your heroines who you need to save, they're your employees to make money. But whoring them is optional now. If you don't want to make them work as oirans, just don't assign them to work as such.
I know. that's why I didnt like it. That's how you wrote their story but I got attached to them...I know but that's just how I felt haha. We are going in circles and I'm not trying to be difficult. You say I don't have to do that this time so ill give it a try. If I like what I see then great. If not, well then it is what it is. It's your game and I'm sure whatever you put out will be good quality for what it's supposed to be.
Good luck again with development.

Reactions: fidless