DigitalBonsai

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2019
Hey, guys!
We just releases the new version. You can get it over at our discord (There a link on the first post).
Or here once the post gets updated.

Beat the developers to it too :D

Reactions: JohnJones

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
There are links and changelog from discord:
Current Version 0.7k (2 Sep 2020)
PC:
Mac:

• Android version will be released during the weekend
• Old saves will not be compatible. When we get to 0.8, our expectation is that old saves will be compatible throughout the 0.8 cycle, but that's not the case in 0.7
• All images are included in the build. When we get to 0.8, the expectation is that images in 0.8a will not need to be downloaded again for future 0.8 patches/expansions, but that's not going to be the case until all artwork is upgraded, and that's not going to happen until the 0.7 cycle is finished

IMPORTANT NOTES:

LIST OF MODS: Whitestwhiteever has started a list here:

Changelog:
Fixed:
• All bugs reported from 0.7j

Added:
• Post-training content for Becky Sue (this is the major new content focus of this release)
• Tammy Lynn, Becky Sue’s friend, a new potential character if Becky Sue becomes your girlfriend
• Additional Hannah booty call scenes, doll scenes, and a club masquerade ball scene
• Additional uses for Marilyn’s IOUs, which can now be used to as a back stop to gain Club access, an alternate route to get Janice on retainer, and may allow you to play with Marilyn at the Club when you otherwise couldn’t
• An alternate route to getting Janice on retainer through the Club President’s revised reward system
• Moneybags trait unique impacts on some conversations and test modifiers for Amy, Becky Sue, Fairyn, Gloria, Janice, Kitty and Taylor (note: Kitty’s and Taylor’s dates still not implemented) plus now has its own right hand panel background image.
• A help menu on some game concepts, to ease introduction to the game (also links to understanding client stats in in Ivy the Introductory Wife’s client review report)
• New minor item that can make a woman bisexual without it counting as a transformation.

Changed:
• Moved Becky Sue to first wave, pushed Elsa to second, and Lauren to third. This may be temporary, but Becky Sue’s post-training content extends so long that for now I want to allow it to get started earlier. Plus it makes it easier for those who want to try out just her new content from the current release.
• Reduced escalator on financial domination requests to +5 from +25, to keep them from getting out of hand too quickly.
• Club President now only gives out a maximum of one transformation potion and only as a special reward; this is for story line consistency (same limit previously applied to the Dark Arts Store and Marilyn, so now the Club President is on the same footing)
• Marilyn now takes a cut of your whore income if you have too many whores; this is for story line consistency of her being at the centre of such activities in this city
• Hannah whore income adjusted upwards so that taking her as a whore doesn’t end up costing you money after Marilyn’s cut
• Transformation potion and Will-Tamer conversion menus should now all include an “undo” option to avoid having to reload an old save if you don’t like the options presented to you (but only after seeing the options, not after selecting one; would still need a save if you choose a conversion option and then want to backtrack).

Artwork related:
• Hannah’s artwork upgraded, including many expanded scenes (this was the major artwork upgrade area for this release)
• Tracy and Diamond shared scene artwork upgraded

Modding and core system related:
• Marilyn’s reward and IOU systems re-done to simplify modding
• Club President’s discussion and reward systems re-done to simplify modding
• Janice’s reward system re-done to simplify modding
• Trading a current relationship to the slave traders re-done to simplify modding
• Tracy’s date choice is now an expandable menu, making it easier to add new options
• Becky Sue’s new content coded with a view towards enhanced ease of adding new content, such as job options

Next steps:
We're getting close to the end of the 0.7-cycle. Current priorities are to fix any bugs reported with 0.7k.
Next priorities include:
• artwork upgrades: completing the image upgrades is a key remaining task before we move into 0.8
• save compatibility: Digital Bonsai has implemented a system that should allow old saves to be compatible with new patches once we get to 0.8 (this won't happen until 0.8, though)
• mod support: we've continued to add support to the core engine based on modder requests so as to have as clean a back end as possible for mod support going into 0.8
• quality of life improvements: with bigger projects out of the way with, I'm now starting to pay more attention to smaller things that can help make the game experience flow more smoothly
• consistency passes: I've started to take a look at energy use consistency, reviewing TA actions in 0.7i, and expect to do more of this in the future
• content: next up is Sarah's post-training content (with Alexis' to follow in the subsequent release)

Last edited:

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
So can anyone take a moment to discuss the various paths, and which seem the best (most content, mostly). I love the hypnosis idea, does the game have a working assistant for that (in the past, you were able to train someone to hypnotize as well). Has this been expanded at all?

JohnJones

Jun 3, 2017
Too many mods and console cheats. What is the dev doing. Just sitting back and counting his money?
Eh?

Wouldn't take long to count to £0 because that's the total amount of money that the developer has earned from this project. Wife trainer is a free to play game and always has been, so you might want to get your facts right before you post any more silly comments.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
I am pretty sure that guy was just taking the piss of the fact that this dev had (past tense because he clearly relaxed about that since then) a big hate boner for people cheating on his game or not playing the way that was intended.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Will the existing mods work with this release, or will they require an update as well?
The Tristim cheat tends to version independent from what I've noticed from previous releases. Not sure about the other ones. Still downloading latest version so haven't tried yet for this version.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Wait a second. When did this become ren'py? I remember playing it a long time ago and it was on RAGS. Gonna be much easier to play around with now.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Wait a second. When did this become ren'py? I remember playing it a long time ago and it was on RAGS. Gonna be much easier to play around with now.
Technically this isn't Wife Trainer but The Wife Trainer Files, an open source continuation of the previous game. Or at least that's how it was originally introduced. Guess it ended up with just one guy developing it again instead of a community project.

But yeah, everyone knows that RAGS sucks big hairy balls so I'm glad they ported it to a more reasonable engine.

4.40 star(s) 67 Votes