Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Technically this isn't Wife Trainer but The Wife Trainer Files, an open source continuation of the previous game. Or at least that's how it was originally introduced. Guess it ended up with just one guy developing it again instead of a community project.

But yeah, everyone knows that RAGS sucks big hairy balls so I'm glad they ported it to a more reasonable engine.
You know an engine is shit when Renpy is considered reasonable by comparison.

LenioTG

Oct 11, 2017
This game is awesome!

I prefer to play it with cheats as well now.
The fact is, I've already played it 4 times, and now I just want to speed up things to get to new content or to see how things could go differently, without having to focus on every phase!

So, I hope the cheating mod will be updated! :D
I haven't understood how to make the other cheat mod work.

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
is it possible to introduce mods if I have already started a game?

DigitalBonsai

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2019
Technically this isn't Wife Trainer but The Wife Trainer Files, an open source continuation of the previous game. Or at least that's how it was originally introduced. Guess it ended up with just one guy developing it again instead of a community project.
The original team was 14 people, I think (You can check the credits section). We are currently 3 that work on the main game and a couple more people that do related tasks (The android version, bug testing, etc).

WT does most of the work as he develops art and content. I do mostly engine and new features.

Morningfrost

Jan 7, 2018
One thing I keep hoping that someone puts together, is a walkthrough that kind of allows you to choose what type of end result you end up with for a particular character...like if I want to end up with Becky Sue as a girlfriend, for example, provide the steps needed to obtain that result. The walkthroughs that had been put together previously are fine for what they are, but if you want a particular result that's not covered in one of those walkthroughs you're kind of just floundering about and hoping/praying. The basic mechanics of early clients like Chelsea or Elsa are reasonably easy to figure out so you can go for a particular result...but some of the later ones like Lauren, Terri or Becky Sue take a lot more work to figure out. Hell, I still have no idea what I'm doing with Alexis lol, and I've played through Wife Trainer dozens of times.

~Morningfrost

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
The original team was 14 people, I think (You can check the credits section). We are currently 3 that work on the main game and a couple more people that do related tasks (The android version, bug testing, etc).

WT does most of the work as he develops art and content. I do mostly engine and new features.
Good to know.
Figured it was just the guy posting all the updates over on hypnopics since he also talked about personal stuff that delayed development and such.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
The basic mechanics of early clients like Chelsea or Elsa are reasonably easy to figure out so you can go for a particular result...but some of the later ones like Lauren, Terri or Becky Sue take a lot more work to figure out. Hell, I still have no idea what I'm doing with Alexis lol, and I've played through Wife Trainer dozens of times.
I ended up just looking through the script to figure out what roles the different characters could end up with and then try to work my way back from there. Or cheat, like a lot.

If you want a better walkthrough you'll have to do it yourself or find someone from the community to write it. The main dev already said he's not going to bother with it since this isn't a paid project.

Morningfrost

Jan 7, 2018
I ended up just looking through the script to figure out what roles the different characters could end up with and then try to work my way back from there. Or cheat, like a lot.

If you want a better walkthrough you'll have to do it yourself or find someone from the community to write it. The main dev already said he's not going to bother with it since this isn't a paid project.
Yeah, I do the cheating a lot so I'm able to get my desired outcomes for the characters I actually understand lol. After a dozen or more playthroughs I just don't have the wherewithal to do yet another full, legit playthrough in order to experiment lol. I do try not to touch the clients' actual stats (submission/desire/etc) in an effort to try and figure out paths to what I want, but other than that...lol.

I keep telling myself that one day I'll put in the time necessary to figure the various paths out...but I've also been telling myself that since this was on Rags lol, so I do acknowledge that I'm probably lying to myself there :D

~Morningfrost

Reactions: lorddarkam

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
is there a wiki or guide somewhere i cant even get intro wife this is so sad i really wanna make her mine and take her away from her husband. if possible.

Reactions: RanchFTW

RanchFTW

Donor
Oct 21, 2017
is there a wiki or guide somewhere i cant even get intro wife this is so sad i really wanna make her mine and take her away from her husband. if possible.
I second that! Asa Akira is sexy as hell and I too want to continue meeting "Ivy" after the training. Last time I played this there was no intro wife, so she was a pleasant surprise. However, is there any way to keep contact with her after week 5? I know getting will-tamer on week 4 can rapidly increase her submission and lower her resistance, but you only get to put it on her twice. So, is there any way to continue with her? If so, which of her stats should be focused on? Guessing submission or desire.

Leo90

Feb 17, 2018
I don't think it's possible to 'steal' intro wife away (although i hope we can someday). As for succesfull training, i just use mods to refresh daily visit so i can train the wives everyday instead of every week and tweak some stats a little to nudge them forward.

Reactions: x0run

ButterB22

Jan 8, 2020
i have pretty much gotten ivy to be the mc's before and yes that was through cheating and stuff but i can't remember how

AJLee7385

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
I don't think it's possible to 'steal' intro wife away (although i hope we can someday). As for succesfull training, i just use mods to refresh daily visit so i can train the wives everyday instead of every week and tweak some stats a little to nudge them forward.
i was looking around still new some girls can become girlfriends some salves I was hoping to make ivy either. as for the mods not sure which one to grab cause saw a post about them not working

ButterB22

Jan 8, 2020
i was looking around still new some girls can become girlfriends some salves I was hoping to make ivy either. as for the mods not sure which one to grab cause saw a post about them not working
all you really got do from what i remember doing my self is console commands to increase affection and other traits i believe and that was in .7j so i think the way i did it might be the easiest

4.40 star(s) 67 Votes