grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
I can't say for certain only speculation. but people can get vary particular about something they create i can respect both sides. for example an artist paints a masterpiece and someone steals it and paints a mustache on it cause thats more to their taste. i would imagine WT is feeling something along the lines of that. where as modders and players of mods feel more akin to a dj remixing their favourite song to get even more joy out of it. its easy to understand why WT would be against it considering the sheer volume of painstaking work that has been put into this creation. The comment on Hypnopics about 1000s of hours is no joke! I just hope at the very least he continues on with this story one way or another, if he relents and allows modding great if not we will at least still get to play the game :D

Reactions: dbp5ca

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Where are the saves stored at on the web version? I logged in again today to continue and I can't find them when I do a general search. I even made a new one so I could track a distinctive name and nothing.

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Some Excerpts from a Post by WT on Hypnopics in respose to things people said about his announcment

Modding
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Changes to Release Format
So anyone here that likes the game for what it is please make sure you let wifetrainer know that you want him to keep releasing updates. but avoid expressing your opinions about mods. as long as he/she keeps making the game nothing else matters :D

T

TMWSTW

Some Excerpts from a Post by WT on Hypnopics in respose to things people said about his announcment

Modding
Changes to Release Format
So anyone here that likes the game for what it is please make sure you let wifetrainer know that you want him to keep releasing updates. but avoid expressing your opinions about mods. as long as he/she keeps making the game nothing else matters :D
I think my post was pretty good at putting my opinion forward without being a dick. Kinda surprised he responded though to be perfectly honest.

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
I think my post was pretty good at putting my opinion forward without being a dick. Kinda surprised he responded though to be perfectly honest.
oh i have no qualms with your post man I agree with most of what you said, but i just think it prudent for the good of the game if we just back off talking about modding. if he stops making or stops releasing updates publically there would be nothing for us to play let alone mod

gimme

Aug 6, 2016
I'd hardly call this one a grind, though.
The only one you could say is a grind is Chelsea but that makes sense in context. While I certainly see the appeal of instant content especially in those horrible, horrible Russian grindfests, I feel that WT has got something special going on here it would really be a shame if he stopped making content as his recent posts in Hypnopics seem to imply.

T

TMWSTW

oh i have no qualms with your post man I agree with most of what you said, but i just think it prudent for the good of the game if we just back off talking about modding. if he stops making or stops releasing updates publically there would be nothing for us to play let alone mod
I don't think it'll make a difference either way. He's already at the point where he's considering outright halting public development and making the game completely private. His opinion on the whole thing is pretty odd too, I'm still not entirely sure I understand his outlook. Regardless, best case scenario he's gonna waste time looking into the possibility of porting the game to another engine (which best case scenario [for him] will prevent in-depth modding but still allow memory hacks) which may be followed with him spending months porting the game rather than creating new content or falling back into the shadows and us never seeing another public WT update again.

It's a rather sad scenario and WT seems to recognize that his reaction is based more on how he feels rather than a logical thought process. In the end as long as he continues to develop WT people will make hacks and cheats for it (regardless of whether or not we tiptoe around it in discussion) and if he can't reconcile with that fact I think he'll just stop updating.

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
WT put a new post up on Hypno pics and it looks like he has chosen 2 things. 1 he is moving to a monthly update release continued on rags with less content but more regularitly and 2 he is considering a second project that is community lead which is an open source version of WifeTrainer with the idea of it being modular to allow for the creation of content and addons with the possibility of it being on a different platform to make it accessible to more systems. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up

TheSurface

Nov 12, 2016
WT put a new post up on Hypno pics and it looks like he has chosen 2 things. 1 he is moving to a monthly update release continued on rags with less content but more regularitly and 2 he is considering a second project that is community lead which is an open source version of WifeTrainer with the idea of it being modular to allow for the creation of content and addons with the possibility of it being on a different platform to make it accessible to more systems. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up
Love the idea.

Wife Trainer

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2017
Hi,

I wanted to share with this group my current thinking regarding the game. Basically, I would like to lock down as much as I can the current Rags game, but then support the creation of a new open source community led version of the game where people can share their changes and new content in a way that allows others to pick and choose the options that work best for them. I will release to the open source game all the content I include in the Rags game as that content gets completed.

If you have the energy and interest to devote to modding the game, it would be great if you could assist with the open source version, assuming this gets off the ground. In order to help get it off the ground, I'd invite you to participate in the discussion about the project, which currently is housed at Hypnopics, but may be migrated to another site if it gets going.

I just signed up here, so can't share the links to the Hypnopics discussion, but perhaps grev can, or you can quickly google it.

At this stage, the first decision is what game engine / programming language to build the open source content on. Ideally, it would be more accessible (and with a likely longer shelf life) than the Rags engine.

zeezbro

Nov 21, 2016
here you go

wife trainer general thread

Reactions: Hryme

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
I am just happy this means development will continue. I was worried you might stop it.

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Hi,

I wanted to share with this group my current thinking regarding the game. Basically, I would like to lock down as much as I can the current Rags game, but then support the creation of a new open source community led version of the game where people can share their changes and new content in a way that allows others to pick and choose the options that work best for them. I will release to the open source game all the content I include in the Rags game as that content gets completed.

If you have the energy and interest to devote to modding the game, it would be great if you could assist with the open source version, assuming this gets off the ground. In order to help get it off the ground, I'd invite you to participate in the discussion about the project, which currently is housed at Hypnopics, but may be migrated to another site if it gets going.

I just signed up here, so can't share the links to the Hypnopics discussion, but perhaps grev can, or you can quickly google it.

At this stage, the first decision is what game engine / programming language to build the open source content on. Ideally, it would be more accessible (and with a likely longer shelf life) than the Rags engine.
Welcome to the board. I'm very happy that you've chosen to continue development and are interested in participating with others to have an open-source version of your game. It is by far one of my favourites, so once again, thank you.

T

TMWSTW

uhh those credits are already part of the game:

1)open the game.
2)choose Model Credits
3)right click on Examine
4)read those names, then search them on the internet and have a faptastic evening. :FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan:
OP, original post.
Meaning the first post in this thread.

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
Main Clients
Alexis the Personal Assistant (Casey Calvert)
Becky Sue the Trailer Trash (Anikka Albrite)
Chelsea the Chubby (Alex Chance)
Donna the Empty Nester (Payton Leigh)
Elsa the Frigid (Ash Hollywood)
Jasmine the Exhibitionist (Lacey Duvalle)
Lauren the Cheater (Dani Daniels)
Sarah the Loving Wife (Sharon Lee)
Terri the Good Girlfriend (Dani Jensen)

Recurring Characters

Amy the Avalon Lady (Kristal Summers)
Anne the Tortured Soul (912)
Bethany the Banker (Phoenix Marie)
Bree the Store Clerk (Veruca James)
Brenda the Bra Fitter (Jelena Jensen)
Cassandra the Domme (Candy Manson)
Club President (Ryan Madison)
Dee the Daughter (Alexa Lynn)
Diamond the Slave Girl (Skin Diamond)
Geri the Real Estate Agent (Elexis Monroe)
Gloria the Club President's Wife (Kelly Madison)
Hannah the Principal (Bobbi Starr)
Janice the Lawyer (Nina Hartley)
Julia the Jewelry Clerk (Sophie Dee)
Kitty the Pet Store Cler (Lexi Belle)
Marilyn (Monique Alexander)
Nicole the Neighbor (Abrill Gerald)
Rae the Store Clerk (Victoria Rae Black)
Sam the Barista (Samantha Saint)
Sophie the Receptionist (Capri Cavanni)
Taylor the Coffee Girl (Ashley Stone)
Tracy the Club Member (Celeste Star)

Minor Characters
Adriana (Adriana Chechik)
Angie the Anal Domme (Ariel X)
Daisy (Mia Malkova)
Faye (Felicia Clover)
Jesse the Domme (Jesse Jane)
Jillian (Jillian Janson)
Lee (Lorilei Lee)