VN Ren'Py Abandoned Wifey's Dilemma [v0.13] [3Diddly]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
prob quick cash grab
If he wanted a "quick cash grab," then deleting his patreon account does not makes any sense, for it takes time to build a patronage support income.

If he wanted to 'milk' his patreons, then he should've instead keep releasing bare minimal to non content and purposefuly delay the project due no real time put on developing the project, with the classical lines "gime, gime, gime. Oh I am sick, Oh my mum died, Oh a earthquake destroyed my internet"

Instead we've a person who literaly choose to remove his patreon account. To me it's a very clear and obvious "F y all"
I am just wondering why. Based on previous comments, it seems some of his supporters weren't very patient nor seemed to communicate their desires for the game development in a fashion that would not be taken as a personal offense to the creator.
All in all, it seems the creator was a fragile soul, either too passionate with the vision of his work and could not take anything else, or simply got burned of developing games, after all it's not for anybody. Those two are my hypotetical case scenarios.
Surely it was a very big dick move to his supporters and there is absolutely no excuse for this behavio. He did owned whom supported him a finished game.

One thing to keep in mind though. Say GTA V, had hundreds of workers developing the game every day for more than 4 years I'd assume.
Meaning there is thousands of labour work hours put into it. But then the main story can be finished in about less than a hundred hours. My point is, creating game content takes a substancial amount of time, consuming game content however is extremely quick.
Gamers does not often understand that and place unrealiscal stakes on whom is developing these games. Furthermore the less people working on a project, the more pressure and unpleasant process it will be.

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
During the release of Katie's Corruption, he did release bare minimal to non content update. He disappeared for months without giving any kind of warning to his patrons, while keeping the Patreon page active and receiving money from it.

After months without a word from him, he returned with some excuse and started to work on Wifey's Dilemma. Yeah, totally abandoned KC.

I consider this an obvious milking case.

Of course shit happens. You can get sick, lose some relative or close friend, all things that can happen suddenly and out of nowhere. But considering his history with all 3 abandoned games, I don't see how this isn't a milking case.

Amanda Carter

Jun 7, 2017
During the release of Katie's Corruption, he did release bare minimal to non content update. He disappeared for months without giving any kind of warning to his patrons, while keeping the Patreon page active and receiving money from it.
Well, that is not true. Although his releases became smaller after a while, he still made monthly updates. Then he wrote he is stopping making updates and he went on hiatus. If people still supported him when he is gone, it is not his problem and this can not be considered as milking.

Batubatu

Oct 31, 2017
I thought for a long time that there were good opportunities in the game, but the last few patches came, and the hopes were slowly gone.
I'm sorry for this game, it is sad that he abandoned it.

Reactions: Koulo077

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Well, that is not true. Although his releases became smaller after a while, he still made monthly updates. Then he wrote he is stopping making updates and he went on hiatus. If people still supported him when he is gone, it is not his problem and this can not be considered as milking.
Monthly updates with bare minimal to no content. Doesn't change the point I was making. It was milking.

I'll take your word about him saying he was going on hiatus.

Vypress

Oct 5, 2018
I feel he should have stuck with creating comics rather than going into the game/visual novel making route. Seeing as how he managed to finish a comic but never seems to complete a game.

Reactions: Koulo077

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Sad that it was abandoned, it had a nice plot. My one problem with it remains and that's that the choices were revealed. In other words he showed what choice was the correct one, so you could never make the wrong choice. Just takes the fun out of it.

LordD99

Aug 15, 2017
Unbelievable. Abandoned again? Sighh...Never expected will come so soon. I knew someday it will but this....sudden. RIP....rip brother....if you can continue this games please do so. Your humble fans really admired your work...only your games & few that hold me in this world. :confused::cautious::cautious::cry::cry:

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
so cruel..my Asian dream girl appears only to be TORN AWAY FROM ME!!!! the fates of perversion are not on my side :( so sad...SO FUCKING SAD!!!!! in other news...ThunderRob wins the Zoney for "dramatic brilliance"

Reactions: botc76 and Ibrawar

Luxter

Apr 23, 2018
Hones
What a waste. This game has the best looking Daz3D Asian character, too bad she met a shitty developer.
Hope more developers make similar good Asian models instead of the standard ugly small eyes stereotypical Asian (totally can't think of any other good looking Daz3D Asian other than Xianne(sp?) from Melody).
Honestly I totally agree with you. Let's just keep hoping that one day there will be more sexy Asian girl models in games.

Luxter

Apr 23, 2018
Well would you look at that. Sorry folks but no more sexy Jade for ya. I was really hoping that he'd finish this one and since Jade was hot but I guess not.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@othello

Actually with katie's corruption you use to be able to get away from the shit stain of a boss and you had a choice on what to let her do and what not to do. That is till they announced that the purity route was being removed which is where I threw the game into the trash.

This one was pretty good with a very hot looking girl and a nice love route. Pity another folder into the toilet for flushing.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes