Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I'll never understand why people here complain about the game being a scam when the people buying into it are literally paying for your free access to it? Just seems like you're salty you fell for it.
Don't know about others, I'm almost always buying full games, only paid for a few early access games in my entire life and none of those were ever related to patreon in anyway.

Reactions: Wlms and Sscdrake

Asura066

May 3, 2018
This game needs more sex scene. Most of the scene are the same for each characters. What are they doing.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
It was hyped at the Con, yes. It has yet to be implemented.
Like I said, not only in the Star Citizen Circle. Tons of websites wrote articles about that and there were a lot of Youtuber's reactions. But that wasn't even the point. The point was that they develop new technologies like Server Meshing which could potentially revolutionize how MMo(rpg)s process players and worlds.

Can't really compare this to making a furry sex game in UE5.

• Haha
Reactions: Wlms

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I had a little try of this game, got to the point were the "nurse" takes you to the top of the waterfall and invites you to jump. first time I did it fine then i walked the wrong way through the waterfall and fell out the world, second time I died on impact, third time I lived walked back to the top where she just repeated a stock line at me... kinda lost the will to play at that point, I thought she was going to jump too and there would be a scene at the bottom of the fall.
Can anyone give me a sense of how much "game" is here? is it worth persevering, because I'm feeling very underwhelmed at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: catsdino

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
Worst is I wish I would just buy this on steam for early access so I could easily install it or download updates. Having to redownload the entire game each time is a nightmare.
That's their business model which is the worst part about this game. You can't buy the final versio (and updates coming with it) and own it.

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
Very little actually. Their self developed Server Meshing Tech which hyped the internet a couple of months ago, even non star citizen fans (I am one of those "none"), is not even comparable to just making a little game in a premade engine.
Which is also very similar to tech mmorpgs have used last 25+ years. Only difference is persistence from those late 90s techs (UO/AC which would clear virtual-server when players weren't populating area-''mesh''), which of course many other games have also done in last 10 years. This is only big news for them because indeed they used bones of cryengine to build their starengine on, which of course didn't have basic server meshing of any kind afaik because engine was for singleplayer FPS games with very limited multiplayer scope in mind. The big hooplaa about it really showed the ignorance of general gamer rather than revolutionary of the tech itself, which of course is needed for the basic functionality of large scale mmo type of experience.

It's worth noting that New World is on lumberyard which of course originates from the cryengine. Which is also using similar type of implementation.

Last edited:

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
That's their business model which is the worst part about this game. You can't buy the final versio (and updates coming with it) and own it.
IIRC if you accumulate $30 or $40 on Patreon you'll receive a Steam key once it's actually available on Steam, though if you aren't happy with the game it's honestly probably best to just move on for a few years. There's no point supporting financially if you're unhappy with the game just to build regret and complain later on. There's no FOMO here, there's no reason not to put this game down and play other stuff in the meantime if progress is too slow.

Reactions: GucciGang69

GerP1

Nov 4, 2022
IIRC if you accumulate $30 or $40 on Patreon you'll receive a Steam key once it's actually available on Steam, though if you aren't happy with the game it's honestly probably best to just move on for a few years. There's no point supporting financially if you're unhappy with the game just to build regret and complain later on. There's no FOMO here, there's no reason not to put this game down and play other stuff in the meantime if progress is too slow.
You didn't read what I wrote. If what you wrote is true, you only get access to the game when and if it releases. Not the updates as as they come as I wrote in my post; and that is the issue here people have.

The Warden

Jun 25, 2017
Sorry not sorry, I call a scam when I see one.
Facts are facts. Plain and simple. You denying them or acting like not seeing them because you like this "game" doesn't change the reality.
How long is this game in development? 7+ years.
How much of it is completed? Probably not even half of it.
How much of a game is there to play? So little to the point it can be hardly called a game.
Is it advertised as an "open world roleplaying game"? Yes.
Were developers taking money from people with the promise of making an "open world adult roleplaying game" all these years? Yes.
Now, the final question. Is this a scam?
Been 7 years, after 3 years I said they scamming their patreons.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Which is also very similar to tech mmorpgs have used last 25+ years. Only difference is persistence from those late 90s techs (UO/AC which would clear virtual-server when players weren't populating area-''mesh''), which of course many other games have also done in last 10 years. This is only big news for them because indeed they used bones of cryengine to build their starengine on, which of course didn't have basic server meshing of any kind
Uhm, no, it's not. Star Citizens server meshing is dynamic and happens in real time in-world, that has nothing in common with the slow static server meshing that mmorpgs use that simply organizes player pools and entire servers.

If that was the case, the demonstration wouldn't have created such a buzz in the internet. It's a new tech.

• Haha
3.80 star(s) 169 Votes