hypermodule

Jan 28, 2023
Rtx 4070 super or Rx 7800 xt for this game? leaning towards RTX since i want to use ray tracing too. if anyone has these gpus how well do they perform
I would go with an Nvidia card since those have had less issues with Unreal Engine 5 so far.

thats not what i meant. i know about that. the game creates folders in appdata/local when loading. i want it to laod from another drive
This is possible, e.g. using these instructions provided by a user on the official WL discord:

Create a .bat script which sets the path you want:

Code:
@echo off
set SAVEFOLDER="D:\MY_FOLDER"
set LOCALAPPDATA=%SAVEFOLDER%
set localappdata=%SAVEFOLDER%
set USERPROFILE=%SAVEFOLDER%
set userprofile=%SAVEFOLDER%
"C:\WildLife\Windows\WildLifeC.exe"
Save this as .bat and then run the .bat file.

(Change D:\MY_FOLDER to be the path you would like to act as %localappdata% for the game, and change C:\WildLife\Windows\WildLifeC.exe to your WildLife executable path.)

CyanParadigm

Aug 31, 2018
Rtx 4070 super or Rx 7800 xt for this game? leaning towards RTX since i want to use ray tracing too. if anyone has these gpus how well do they perform
I've got a 4070ti Super - ik it's not those exact cards you mentioned (but it's somewhat close) but it handles complex scenes in this game like a champ. If you get the 4070 super you won't have any issues with this game or many others. Don't forget about DLSS, etc. for other games - it makes a HUGE difference.

Abeman555

May 10, 2020
I've got a 4070ti Super - ik it's not those exact cards you mentioned (but it's somewhat close) but it handles complex scenes in this game like a champ. If you get the 4070 super you won't have any issues with this game or many others. Don't forget about DLSS, etc. for other games - it makes a HUGE difference.
Sorry, but this is answer says nothing about how well the card peforms.
Which settings/ resolution are you using?

CyanParadigm

Aug 31, 2018
Sorry, but this is answer says nothing about how well the card peforms.
Which settings/ resolution are you using?
my b - a little high atm lmfao

So for the 4070ti super in Wild Life with everything on Max I get about 170 fps in a blank Sandbox world.

Then I have to add a LOT of lights/dynamic entities to get it to go down around 30fps, so I think a really well built out complex scene will run at about 30fps.

(1440p resolution)

hypermodule

Jan 28, 2023
This is directed directly to you Steve.

When are you guys going to fix the lighting bug with certain hair styles, which causes them to change colour/shimmer when viewed at a certain angle?
This bug first appeared after the switch to UE5 and hasn't ever been addressed (at least to my knowledge).
I can't answer for Steve, and I don't mean to imply that it's not a problem, but I just want to let you know of a workaround for this: On the light source you have to enable "cast shadows". If it's light from a torch, you have to disable "use light" on the torch. (You can place a normal point light on the torch if you want and then set it to cast shadows.) This fixes the problem (but comes with a performance impact).

(IIRC the problem is caused by the light being reflected off the dome of the character's head if shadows are disabled, thus illuminating the hair from the inside.)

Nov 1, 2018
Don't buy any GPU manufactured by AMD, I made this mistake, I regret it.
Even if AMD has produced a small little part of your GPU, do not buy it. Do not. Especially for UE5.

DO NOT.

Just my 2 cents, go for NVidia.

Mark my words.

Last edited:

PButts

Feb 5, 2020
Don't buy any GPU manufactured by AMD, I made this mistake, I regret it.
I've been Nvidia-free and Intel-free since 2012 and I haven't regretted it for a moment. I'm using a 7900 XTX right now and even use it with RT and CUDA workloads thanks to ZLUDA.
Learn to handle hardware better for yourself, because whether you want to believe it or not AMD GPUs are perfectly fine. Most of the problems these days come from Windows itself doing weird shit behind the scenes, not the AMD drivers themselves. Not to mention for price for what you're getting in the end is significantly more accessible and given that RT is a performance killer and people default to upscaling anyway, something AMD can do as well.

Polaris was great and many people still use them, Vega is a weird entry that flopped but realistically isn't bad but you have to know what you're doing and many are still quite happy with them (miners love them), Navi1/2/3 are all fantasitc entries but the lack of midrange is annoying.
Anyone complaining about Vega gets a pass though since those counter-intuitively perform better undervolted and power starved which is honestly a tinkerer's dream but a random consumer's buyer's remorse.

Source: I work in game development and I'm tired of hearing it

Edit: Dont think I'm saying AMD is perfect either because I'm not

Last edited:
Reactions: Foost

modine2021

May 20, 2021
I would go with an Nvidia card since those have had less issues with Unreal Engine 5 so far.

This is possible, e.g. using these instructions provided by a user on the official WL discord:

Create a .bat script which sets the path you want:

Code:
@echo off
set SAVEFOLDER="D:\MY_FOLDER"
set LOCALAPPDATA=%SAVEFOLDER%
set localappdata=%SAVEFOLDER%
set USERPROFILE=%SAVEFOLDER%
set userprofile=%SAVEFOLDER%
"C:\WildLife\Windows\WildLifeC.exe"
Save this as .bat and then run the .bat file.

(Change D:\MY_FOLDER to be the path you would like to act as %localappdata% for the game, and change C:\WildLife\Windows\WildLifeC.exe to your WildLife executable path.)
thanks my friend. work beautifully :cool: think this will work with other games?

Reactions: hypermodule

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I don't know why all textures looks like this:

View attachment 3477881
I know of several reasons why this could be happening. Pick whatever reason you find most logical:
  • "inexperienced developer"
  • "small indie developer"
  • "game development is not easy"
  • "not enough funding"
  • "because map is currently being reworked for the millionth time"

3.80 star(s) 167 Votes