CyanParadigm

Aug 31, 2018
As far as I understand the issue is that we are "advertising the game as an RPG for years" while it still really isnt much of a game. I can understand the confusion there.
The thing is we are not advertising for a finished game you can buy now. We are pitching the game we intend to make and are working on it as we speak, hoping to spark interest in the project and financial support in our endavours.

There is a big difference. All this criticism would be perfectly justified if this state was the final release version of the game. It isnt. We never said that. Wild Life project is IN DEVELOPMENT.
You dont just rip a car from Audi or whatever mid-production and then complain at them that it cant drive yet.
I suggest anyone with that sort of gripe should come back when we are finished with the game and are actually advertising the finished product sales.

Until then, complain that we are too slow or whatever but at least we are posting weekly public progress reports on what all our departments are up to for you to follow our development. You can join our discord to be even closer and ask questions directly to the devs or join my picarto streams to see what im up to every day and talk to me there in chat. It doesnt get any more transparent than that.

Any thats my two cents of the day :HideThePain:
carry on everybody,
-S
Just don't worry about guys like these, they're a very loud minority, I (among other people) are pretty happy with the game and where it's going.

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
is it just me or is the UE5 textures bad compered to the UE4 version or did i miss a setting
There are still a bunch of WIP assets, might be seeing those. There's also a bug some people experience where things look low quality. Could play around with settings to see if that helps or try the thread search for similar posts to see if anyone found a solution.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
Seriously: playing this game in VR is just nothing. The controlls are creapy as shit. Needs a lot of work
They haven't worked on VR in a very long time, I believe that isn't a priority with them atm given just how few people actually play VR.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
How is talking about patreon supporter numbers of the game off-topic? There are thousands of posts talking about that in this thread alone and they still stay. Which mod forgot to delete those but deleted only my post about it?

Asura066

May 3, 2018
How is talking about patreon supporter numbers of the game off-topic? There are thousands of posts talking about that in this thread alone and they still stay. Which mod forgot to delete those but deleted only my post about it?
The mod is new hence trial mod

hentaifun121

Jan 2, 2023
Rtx 4070 super or Rx 7800 xt for this game? leaning towards RTX since i want to use ray tracing too. if anyone has these gpus how well do they perform

Asura066

May 3, 2018
thats not what i meant. i know about that. the game creates folders in appdata/local when loading. i want it to laod from another drive
Than please provide more information next time. We have not unlock the ability to read minds yet.
To answer your question you can't unless you install windows in your new ssd and dual boot from there. But as of now you are stuck with having to use appdata/local since that is the pathway the game uses for mods and custom items.

hypermodule

Jan 28, 2023
Rtx 4070 super or Rx 7800 xt for this game? leaning towards RTX since i want to use ray tracing too. if anyone has these gpus how well do they perform
I would go with an Nvidia card since those have had less issues with Unreal Engine 5 so far.

thats not what i meant. i know about that. the game creates folders in appdata/local when loading. i want it to laod from another drive
This is possible, e.g. using these instructions provided by a user on the official WL discord:

Create a .bat script which sets the path you want:

Code:
@echo off
set SAVEFOLDER="D:\MY_FOLDER"
set LOCALAPPDATA=%SAVEFOLDER%
set localappdata=%SAVEFOLDER%
set USERPROFILE=%SAVEFOLDER%
set userprofile=%SAVEFOLDER%
"C:\WildLife\Windows\WildLifeC.exe"
Save this as .bat and then run the .bat file.

(Change D:\MY_FOLDER to be the path you would like to act as %localappdata% for the game, and change C:\WildLife\Windows\WildLifeC.exe to your WildLife executable path.)

CyanParadigm

Aug 31, 2018
I've got a 4070ti Super - ik it's not those exact cards you mentioned (but it's somewhat close) but it handles complex scenes in this game like a champ. If you get the 4070 super you won't have any issues with this game or many others. Don't forget about DLSS, etc. for other games - it makes a HUGE difference.

Abeman555

May 10, 2020
I've got a 4070ti Super - ik it's not those exact cards you mentioned (but it's somewhat close) but it handles complex scenes in this game like a champ. If you get the 4070 super you won't have any issues with this game or many others. Don't forget about DLSS, etc. for other games - it makes a HUGE difference.
Sorry, but this is answer says nothing about how well the card peforms.
Which settings/ resolution are you using?

3.80 star(s) 169 Votes