BattleAxe24

Sep 26, 2019
Wait for devs to start optimizing it.. i played years ago builds and did run better than now , The lightning sources '' torches '' you place 1 and 1fps down 10 torches 10fps less , so basically any vegetation etc and light stuff drops frames crazy.

i think its bad optimization with Shadows , lights , or some kind of textures , i mod games , i use Reshade and loots of tools on all my games and play them 60+ fps even if they are new , cant do it with WL because seems a Game problem mostly.
How come if I say the exact same thing you said just with my own words (bad optimization) I get trashed and told I am absolutely wrong by certain other people, but when you say it, its fine?

I dont know what is wrong with some people, but they think their subjective opinions and fanboyism is just fact.

In any case, for those interested in the performance of this game, a 1080ti isnt good enough to play the game at 60 FPS 1080p on Ultra details on the Village (the one you go to in the "story" mode).
I would say a 2080 Super or better is required.
I am including the new SSGI option which was recently added btw.

What bartroli mentioned about the showroom vs kerpali village is true.
Usually what I do when testing is I just go to the old Oasis part of the map. It was the starting area of some much older versions, and it still exists.
Game runs better there because of the distinct lack of vegetation, village huts, light sources, etc.

Reactions: bartroli

bartroli

Jul 21, 2017
How come if I say the exact same thing you said just with my own words (bad optimization) I get trashed and told I am absolutely wrong by certain other people, but when you say it, its fine?

I dont know what is wrong with some people, but they think their subjective opinions and fanboyism is just fact.

In any case, for those interested in the performance of this game, a 1080ti isnt good enough to play the game at 60 FPS 1080p on Ultra details on the Village (the one you go to in the "story" mode).

Usually what I do when testing is I just go to the old Oasis part of the map. It was the starting area of some much older versions, and it still exists.
Game runs better there because of the distinct lack of vegetation, village huts, light sources, etc.
Finally some one that knows and tests stuff too , i feel you , i usually say what i see on steam or other forums about games and get insulted or trashed by wannabe fanboys that doesnt even know what AA , Tearing , or other grafic stuff means.

and i also Test the new poses on Oasis the old one you teleport from the rock because its the only one that doesnt stutter crazy,
the new map when you enter even on SSD you need to wait 10 sec to load textures or its just freezing arround.
the fisher village from older versions had better performance because if someone here on this forum remembers had the old vegetation not the new one , the Npcs and actors drop frames at certain amount tested that too , but the Stuttering the low Fps are mostly those new trees behind the village , the lightning sources etc.

So for a better user experience i hope the devs think on small locations for testing or playing arround with npcs or poses on sandbox.

for example , why we have to be on the fisher village on sandbox with lots of struggle because of the huge map load , when you can cut that part of the island make it smaller , just the village less forest behind better performance.

another example , why not a sandbox mode that you enter on those small areas i say like the kerpal village but with no npcs so you can drop them yourself with the summon console , and test the poses etc since its a sandbox mode i rather have pose editor droping the npcs with a certain pose behaviour etc , than entering on the same ''story'' map without the videos.

they could easy creat a small map area like Beach with few cabins , oasis like older builds with less stuff and more comfy , for those sandboxs screenshots pose testing etc , the fps will be like the showroom flawless 72+ fps on high.

another thing , why we need a poser console to put there poses on Npcs if we cannot leave them posing ? as soon you close the poser animation cancels for the characters :S.

Jan 28, 2020
Isn't putting the goal at $250,000 kind of asking for trouble considering it's all or nothing? Granted, it seems to be doing okay so far, but still.

istalo

Jul 24, 2019

Nope, I have a 3070 and the game has massive framerate spikes, it's just badly unoptimized but I've seen worse, trust me.

xmichal18kx

Oct 12, 2021
Hi, I have a question 2 I bought a Computer ,laptop

Just wondering if my specs can run Wild Life

1>) I bought a Computer

Computer today with 11 wines for that Grand Wild Life does not work at all an error pops up what to do?

MSI MPG Trident 3 10SC-014EU Intel Core i9-10700 16GB 512GB RTX2060S

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2>) I bought a laptop

Laptop ASUS
Alpha 17 17,3"/Ryzen3/8GB/512GB/OS: Windows 10 pro

Thanks in advance

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
Well, I downloaded demo from steam expecting they had maybe done a polish pass on it or something for the kick starter, but nope, total crap, can't even load the map, just crashes with out of memory errors. Gave up and deinstalled. I was going to leave a review, but thats conveniently disabled, only thing is comments and they're mostly negative as well. For three full time coders according to the kickstarter, they must be pretty shit.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hi, I have a question 2 I bought a Computer ,laptop

Just wondering if my specs can run Wild Life

1>) I bought a Computer

Computer today with 11 wines for that Grand Wild Life does not work at all an error pops up what to do?

MSI MPG Trident 3 10SC-014EU Intel Core i9-10700 16GB 512GB RTX2060S

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2>) I bought a laptop

Laptop ASUS
Alpha 17 17,3"/Ryzen3/8GB/512GB/OS: Windows 10 pro

Thanks in advance
the second laptop is far worse than the first...

Spacc123

Nov 28, 2017
Hi, I have an issue playing this game, it worked at first, then I changed the resolution. Now I can't even start the game anymore. I get the screen with all the warnings where you have the coices ok and quit, but I can't click them..

Is there any way to reset everything to default settings without having to start the game? Already removed the game itself and the files in appdata, but I keep remaining the same issue. It basically starts in a very weird resolution which causes that I can't click anything.

3.80 star(s) 170 Votes