156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
the longer they take to work on this, the more money they make per month, so it's better for them financially to not work as fast as they could in order to maximise the amount of money they're bringing in, there's no incentive for them to work super fast because their money is only ever increasing
And that's the issue with "subscription" based platforms such as Patreon. As a creator you're less incentivised to do your job as you get more supporters. If you'd only get paid when you release something, then we would not be talking about it like this.

Reactions: Erica99

perevorot

Jul 22, 2017
is there any evidence, that it's 7 people working on a game(i don't know myself, if you know, please tell) and not only one guy, with hard life, and mental instability, who can decease any day. i know it's easy to write post like "we have 20 high quality staff members, with rich gamedev background, and we work really hard, so please, help us, our fridge is empty, and childrens coughing blood, because we make boobie game"... sorry, i got carried away a little.
if there is only one guy, i would understand the long dev cycle, and believe frustrations he face from community. but 7 people is a large number for indie studio. with propper lead manager this 7 people can do good b-class game with solid gameplay mechanics. what i see is only decent animated characters but very repetitive, poor ui, clunky fight mechanics from asset store, bad optimisation on test location(can't imagine how laggy it's on actual maps). if there is really 7 people working, they doing very poor job.
i repeat, i don't know if there is actually 7 people working, i didn't see evidence. please correct me if i'm wrong.

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
is there any evidence, that it's 7 people working on a game(i don't know myself, if you know, please tell) and not only one guy, with hard life, and mental instability, who can decease any day. i know it's easy to write post like "we have 20 high quality staff members, with rich gamedev background, and we work really hard, so please, help us, our fridge is empty, and childrens coughing blood, because we make boobie game"... sorry, i got carried away a little.
if there is only one guy, i would understand the long dev cycle, and believe frustrations he face from community. but 7 people is a large number for indie studio. with propper lead manager this 7 people can do good b-class game with solid gameplay mechanics. what i see is only decent animated characters but very repetitive, poor ui, clunky fight mechanics from asset store, bad optimisation on test location(can't imagine how laggy it's on actual maps). if there is really 7 people working, they doing very poor job.
i repeat, i don't know if there is actually 7 people working, i didn't see evidence. please correct me if i'm wrong.
Nice try troll, but no. Go away.

Reactions: GucciGang69

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Just for the sake that you've had a account since 2017 I'll assume this is just skepticism. What you're seeing in the build currently is just what the animators (2 I think) are working on. The other members of the team are focusing on things like mechanics, story, and world building. The reason why they don't release builds showing those is because the last time they did they got a lot of backlash, because quite frankly it was pretty damn bad.

perevorot

Jul 22, 2017
Just for the sake that you've had a account since 2017 I'll assume this is just skepticism. What you're seeing in the build currently is just what the animators (2 I think) are working on. The other members of the team are focusing on things like mechanics, story, and world building. The reason why they don't release builds showing those is because the last time they did they got a lot of backlash, because quite frankly it was pretty damn bad.
i can compliment those 2 animators. they do the job good. but they planning to sell the game with complex gameplay, and i doubt they have any playable\working gameplay to share with public. from testbuild i understand, that the optimisation is bad, ui is awful, controls is bad. but people like the graphics and animations, that is cool. what else do i need, right?

Reactions: candy76041820

candy76041820

Jun 1, 2019
Except it's 7 chefs, doing more work for less money than the average chef, and instead of painting one, they have to make the plate, cut the steak from the cow's carcass, build the stove, learn how to use the knives and other kitchenware, make sure the plate doesn't have any cracks in it, Make sure their smaller than average paycheck keeps the restaurant's power on, and also cook the steak when the other's are done with their jobs. They have to do the work that 20-30 chefs usually would because they're understaffed. And another customer, who happens to be a cook from a similar restaurant is out in the dining area, trying to explain this but the customer's being an asshole who either doesn't pay attention or care about the struggles the team of Chefs is going through to make their meal, all the while the chefs in the kitchen are releasing tiny pieces of what's been done, giving rough timeframes for when the next piece will be out. (There, here's how it actually is.)
Shame on all Homo Sapiens who can't photosynth on mere sights of empty plates (and a newly hand-built stove).

Tehn

May 1, 2019
You have to remember that those money dont go solely to the developers pockets for food and drinks. They are a team, they have office, so they have to pay for that as well. People need comfort to work normally, so include some spends for people's everyday sake in the office. They use software, most likely licensed, which is not cheap at all by itself. They need to have good hardware, so they have to pay for good mechanical side of things.
Also I can assume that people that work in Wild Life team are expirienced, so it would make sence if they would not spend 100% of their salary at once, but rather they set aside some summ for critical situations if those to come at some point for team's sake.

You have to understand that they dont just earn money and go buy booze, they invest those money in a lot of things to be able to work properly (now AND i nthe future), so dont forget about that.
I'm not sure where they live, so the costs will depend on their location. But I've heard that they locate themselves somewhere in Germany, and boy oh boy, let me tell ya - living here is not cheap, especailly when you run a company.
I'm having strong flashbacks of disputes about Star Citizen's budget... People said just the same thing. After statement "But they need to eat, pay for multiple offices renting and amazon servers usage" trolls usually disappeared

Reactions: Raffcohen

Phanatic

Jan 29, 2019
I'm having strong flashbacks of disputes about Star Citizen's budget... People said just the same thing. After statement "But they need to eat, pay for multiple offices renting and amazon servers usage" trolls usually disappeared
Cant say much about SC, since I didnt follow it that closely.
But as far as I've heard, their main problem is their absolutely disgusting management.

Cant say if WL has bad management, but as far as updates go, I pretty much see that their progress is at level of their team count, time spent and quality gained.
Qality being the main factor here, since if they didnt care about qality of the game, they would've had far more frequent and far bigger updates.

ilion

Oct 20, 2017
Of course this is never going to live up to its hype in milking age patreon model we have, or if ever will be released, games right now are hard business. But at least we get some cool animations from steve. If they dial back hte sandbox promise we might see being finished in 2025.
Even fow are hitting some rocks now.

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
Of course this is never going to live up to its hype in milking age patreon model we have, or if ever will be released, games right now are hard business. But at least we get some cool animations from steve. If they dial back hte sandbox promise we might see being finished in 2025.
Even fow are hitting some rocks now.
true even the fans of the overrated summertime saga are getting fked over lol
ofc you got defenders of each dev defending them non-stop

i hope adeptus doesn't prove me wrong and sticks to their word/promises

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes