Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Not every build will be as stable as the last you played, just a simple fact when creating a game. Something they've changed or added is making your setup have a stroke. Be kinda hard to diagnose a fix when the first most obvious issue is simply the age of your hardware.

Just out of curiosity, how many frames do you actually play at even on the lowest setting? I'd be surprised if it went above 15 fps and wasn't constantly choppy.

I'd also finish with simply saying this.

Save up, and buy yourself a decent rig/laptop at least within 2 (edited out 5 as it's still too old imo) years of current year. You will absolutely not be able to play this game when it's fully released. I understand that optimization is obviously a moving target right now, but the games also completely barren. So there will come a time when that rig is no longer able to keep up. You just now hit that threshold by some miracle.
It's not the first Report of this problem and before it was AMD also but not as old as Barts VLIW and actually GCN 7000 (GCN) series if im not unsure

But it is the 2nd time now these artifacts come up with AMD Hardware and in Wild-Life running context specifically.

Though in General Unreal will work better on Nvidia Hardware through their older Generations, but for AMD it's not a given to work on anything before GCN.
Epic started first when the Consoles came out to really optimize for AMD Hardware specifically Paragon was the very first more AMD optimized Engine Build for GCN starting to erradicate lot of Nvidias investments out of the Engine into generic agnostic functioning systems.

Everything pre GCN is pretty much not supported by anyone anymore for AMD you either have luck that it works or at the lowest problem level have to live with artifacts.

Also neither the AMD Driver Teams priority lies within anything then PRE GCN to fix specifically.

Tough in this case of the 7000 Series Southern Island is GCNs first iteration away from the VLIW architecture to Nvidias Scalar approach.

This bug is strange but it seems to play specifically out on the Directx Shader Model Layer and the AMD Compiler.

ekomatik

try to test different drivers pre Adrenalin

GCN was a really big step even bigger then RDNA 2 that is upcoming, pre GCN like your HD 6800 Series, if it works be happy if it doesn't it's like it is.

But this is why i like to keep Wild-Life as a very specific stability test case, compared to other indie Unreal projects ;)
In their overall complexity Wild-Life plays on a very high level and Epics ongoing progress to get the Engine Rock stable on the Next Generation Consoles (RDNA 2) with the Unreal 5 big data refactoring which we see continuing.

Best optimized Low level GCN Engine no doubt = IDTech7 and it runs on Nvidia equally amazing (absolute master class hardware optimization work in which direction Unreal 5 is starting to heading)

For everyone Unreal 4.22 was a very important core Performance refactoring release making room for more additional overhead into the Engine.

Last edited:

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Different ways to visualize it simplest would be just to brake the camera clipping plane and shade in front of it different
Well, when I said touch-ups, I was thinking about the way the penis enters the body and what happens after that. Steve probably doesn't pay a lot of attention to that when making the animations, since it is normally not visible. It would mainly be a concern with the minotaur and rhino. I remember seeing a stream where he had to fix the penis clipping out of the back of the neck with a blowjob animation with the minotaur.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
yeah clipping is everywhere but when you do such close contact stuff it becomes your worst enemy, to solve efficiently close to close mesh collision and efficient soft body results.

and when you do realistic physic stuff additionally it becomes even crazier see VAM Blowjobs when you overdo sizes the heavy size has to go somewhere and since it's hard to get it to move down a simulated throat for now, the solution is a hole in the back of the head where it can vanish and doesn't collide internally to the end result of exploding in front of you, but yeah explosions will be soon a thing from the past like they aren't a problem for Unreal at all ;)

There overall Stephan has it much easier to handle this and is only cursed for now with the problem of his animation results clipping here and there :D

Last edited:

dyra

Mar 20, 2018
Right, that's what I mean, it sounds like it works - but how the heck do you run it in VR? It used to be like alt+V but that's not working now.
+1 to this. I remember older version where the Alt+V command activated the VR. In their changelog they mention VR improvements but there's no way to activate it :/

ekomatik

Nov 22, 2019
Not every build will be as stable as the last you played, just a simple fact when creating a game. Something they've changed or added is making your setup have a stroke. Be kinda hard to diagnose a fix when the first most obvious issue is simply the age of your hardware.

Just out of curiosity, how many frames do you actually play at even on the lowest setting? I'd be surprised if it went above 15 fps and wasn't constantly choppy.

I'd also finish with simply saying this.

Save up, and buy yourself a decent rig/laptop at least within 2 (edited out 5 as it's still too old imo) years of current year. You will absolutely not be able to play this game when it's fully released. I understand that optimization is obviously a moving target right now, but the games also completely barren. So there will come a time when that rig is no longer able to keep up. You just now hit that threshold by some miracle.
dude, I understand you, but where I live computer equipment is incredibly expensive, I was already playing with the minimum settings max 30 fps in previous versions, I'm already aware that the hardware is very old, I was thinking it was a software error

Reactions: adelmilan

MonsterDonger

Jul 22, 2017
Sorry if it's been asked before, but is the manual save option still not implemented yet? I thought I read something about it at least working for character customization, but I don't know anything beyond that.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes